OT: top 3 hardest games ever!

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Swaggatron, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraphicNature

GraphicNature Well-Known Member

Turok for the N64 was IMPOSSIBLE to beat unless you used the cheats........Also T2 for the nes was impossible.......games used to be insanley hard
    test
  2. x_Genocide_x

x_Genocide_x M.R./KOTD/GZ

I beat that shit waaaaaay back when I was a kid...bullshit ending to it tho....kinda pissed me off wastin' that much time on it
    test
  3. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

anybody ever beat here pacman? its pretty tough.
    test
  4. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

rofl +

Dante's Inferno...that game is a bitch!
    test
  5. igotmy9milli

igotmy9milli sick my duck

Jet Set Willy was near on impossible!
    test
  6. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

lmao i beat that when I was 11 :funny:
    test
  7. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

lmao@ ocarina of time being hard....

Bullshit...you just got to know what weapons to use to unlock certain puzzles
    test
  8. Throwed

Throwed New Member

she gives u the bracelet at the end of the first go through?, i could of sworn u had to find it, anyway lets talk about the ninja gaiden's for nes, all of em hard as fuck but the first one at the end is insane, the fact that they make u start waay back if u lose to the last level boss's make it immediatly unbeatable nobody wants to keep going through the hard last level just to get your ass kicked n have to go through again
    the ninja gaiden nes ones were too raw tho they had ill music
    test
  9. AllWays

AllWays New Member

Lord of the Rings for SNES

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RMDBQ_HlM2k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RMDBQ_HlM2k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Don't know anyone who ever beat it. Me and my friend got so frustrated because there were so many levels. My friend's dad spent weeks trying to beat it and the game eventually just glitched because of all the memory spent saving from so many levels.
    test
  10. mellance

mellance New Member

SHMUPS is all about patterns and good reflexes, and all NG really requiers is patience, if you try playing it at higher levels going gung-ho you'll die 100/100 times.

Alma on master ninja was prolly the most fun last console generation.
    test
  11. Swaggatron

Swaggatron Fuck AutotuneBots

Trust me nothing mentioned in this threads is as hard as Silver Surfer on the NES, play the emulator and see for yourself..
    test
  12. WRC07TapeThief

WRC07TapeThief New Member

i stomped all over that game. the only somewhat challenging part was the final boss, the devil.
    test
  13. mellance

mellance New Member

Discussing difficulty in games from " LOL THEY FUCKED THIS GAME UP SO BAD ITS IMPOSSIBLE" is kinda pointless, compared to games like NG who is just genuinly HARD.
    test
  14. D.Blacksmith

D.Blacksmith Free

Wow I cant believe nobody mentioned Lion King. I didnt beat that game until I was 20 years old and I had that shit since it came out.

PS2 Shinobi was ridiculously hard. I made it to the final boss and got him down to maybe 2 hits left but just lost all focus and died. Never got that far again.

I still havent beaten the last level on the original ninja gaiden where you have to face like 10 fucking bosses in a row and can only save once. Ive been picking at it for 3 years and came to the conclusion that it just aint happening.

The only hard part in Zelda64 was the water temple. Ive never met anyone whose beaten that without any kind of help. Everything else in that game was doable but just required a lot of thinking.
    I cant think of anymore at the moment.
    test
  15. Swaggatron

Silver Surfer is hard ánd difficult (if not according to your opinion explain the difference between hard and difficult..) the patterns are rediculous, shit gets fired from every angle at the same time plus you die by just touching the walls and the ceilings, in NG you could at least touch the walls, shiiit Ryu was even able to climb and run across the walls and shit, imagine Ryu dying in NG just from touching the walls... than you've got Silver Surfer..
    test
  16. mellance

mellance New Member

NG its the players fault if he dies, its not bullshit mechanics from the developers, in the majority of "hard" 8-bit and 16-bit generation game its programming bullshit that makes up the real "hard" or "difficult" part of the games when you get constantly fucked in the ass by just plain fucking BAD game design.

A fucked up control scheme or clusterfucked animations should _NEVER_ be the reason to why you die in a "hard" game, those are examples of shit that should be sent back to the drawing board and the developers shot for not betatesting their product properly before massmarketing.
    test
  17. pill grim

pill grim CHRONNIE SPARKO

it is physically impossible to beat Silver Surfer on NES.
    so it doesn't make it a hard game...it doesn't even qualify cuz it's just a troll attempt by the developers lol
    test
  18. Boom

Boom paradox

man turok use to piss me off so bad i'd throw my controller and shit and not play it for a week
    test
  19. Swaggatron

I understand what your saying, but i think that applies to the 8bit game glitches like enemies that keep returning after you've killed them when you re'enter a screen like in TMNT where you often have to retrace your steps and find every single fucker you've killed back on his bullshit, sometimes even with some extra goons as reinforcement, shit like that also makes TMNT hard as hell.

But in Silver Surfer the programmers intended it to be so hard by designing patterns of insanity and making Silver Surfer the biggest pussy ever pixelated by not being able to touch a single thing everything he touches kills his punk ass.

Name one game charater that was as bitch made as Silver Surfer, even Pacman could touch a wall without dying and that nigga didn't have no arms or legs!!
    test
  20. Swaggatron

Imagine how much easier TMNT would be if everything you killed stayed dead!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.