OT: StarCraft II - Ghosts of the Past Trailer

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ethernet, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethernet

Ethernet G.O.A.T.

[Youtube]C_E83GfWM-A[/Youtube]

"Sweet mother mercy!"

Game of the year.. Y'all buying it?
    test
  2. Shelltoe

Shelltoe album full of felony raps

copping tomorrow for sure.

i still play way too much wc3 on bnet, if anyone gets down on that.

nerrrrrd alert
    test
  3. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

Hell yeah. Dunno how much time I'll have to play though, I didn't touch much of the beta the last 2 months. Knamelis is sorta beastly with this shit but I think he's in the same boat as me.
    test
  4. knamelis

knamelis New Member

How dare you insinuate that i... Knamelis... King of all things cool... Would ever do such an uncool thing as be incredibly good at an rts game dominated mainly by waifish korean manboys?!?

I would never do such a thing but if i were to do such a thing i would probably use a screen name very similar to my rap name and i would probably be within the top 10 players on the platinum ladder not that i even know what that means because all i know is super cool stuff and this isnt cool like fake titties, beer, and rap.

And before you ask... Its because capital letters signify coolness... Obviously!!
    test
  5. knamelis

knamelis New Member

haha.. that post was in all caps. Apparently this board is ALL ABOUT CENSORSHIP!!

also. fake titties SUCK. Stay away from them.
    test
  6. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

And if you did partake in such a nerdy activity you surely wouldn't let a lowly Gold leaguer such as myself take 2 games off you in a best of 5. Surely not, surely not.

Being top 10 platinum in division #6855 isn't really that impressive : (
    test
  7. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

You never stood a chance, that harass failed when ya burner jammed
    Plus ya chick and I, when 6 to 9, cuz I upgraded tha Thermal Lance

whoa
    test
  8. TunK

TunK Active Member

Shit mine is reserved, and I'm getting midnight release.
    test
  9. TunK

TunK Active Member

I was top 10 in the nation back in SC1, I'll play anyone...aka Shyne
    test
  10. mookie wilson

mookie wilson New Member

here: Releaselog | RLSLOG.net StarCraft II Wings of Liberty-RELOADED

Minimum System Requirements:
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP (SP3) / Windows Vista (SP1) / Windows 7
    C.P.U : Intel Pentium IV at 2.2 GHz or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
    Video Card : 128 MB VRAM – NVIDIA GeForce 6600 / ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    Memory : 1 GB RAM (XP) / 1.5 GB RAM (Win 7 / Vista)
    Hard Disk : 5 GB of free Hard Drive space
    Sound : DirectX compatible sound card
    Direct X : 9.0c
    Controls : Keyboard & Mouse
    Installation : DVD-ROM Drive
    Network : Broadband Connection

Release Name: StarCraft.II.Wings.of.Liberty-RELOADED
    Size: 7.16GB
    Genre: Real-Time Strategy
    Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
    Developer: Blizzard Entertainment

Ohh yea! here we have a PROPER release of “StarCraft II Wings of Liberty” from well known respected scene
    group RELOADED. Crack from RELOADED works with Clonedvd which was published earlier, you can get only crack from here. Check NFO for installation instruction.

On with the release information: StarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will do battle across the galaxy, as each faction struggles for survival. Featuring a unique single-player campaign that picks up where StarCraft: Brood War left off, StarCraft II will present a cast of new heroes and familiar faces in an edgy sci-fi story filled with adventure and intrigue. In addition, Blizzard will again offer unparalleled online play through Battle.net, the company’s world-renowned gaming service, with several enhancements and new features to make StarCraft II the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  11. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

There's so many fucking Achievements in this game. Thank god I'm not a completionist, otherwise the rest of my summer would be going to that.

I got placed in Silver :*(
    test
  12. DJisGOD

DJisGOD New Member

game of the year ....if your korean
    test
  13. mookie wilson

mookie wilson New Member

download that shit before its removed...evrybody slept on the Madden 11 drop
    test
  14. DJisGOD

DJisGOD New Member

i played the beta of this and tbh it just didnt impress me at all ,games have moved on a long way since sc1 and the whole idea seems dated to me now
    test
  15. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

In what sense have games "moved on a long way"? Despite being 12 years old, SC1 is still unmatched in terms of balance and depth. I understand that certain games have made "progress" in the genre, but really, these changes are mainly superficial and don't add any strategic depth. SC1 remains the archetypal competitive RTS. It only makes sense that SC2 tries to build upon its formula rather than add unnessesary bells and whistles.

This, however, applies more for hardcore players I suppose (I wouldn't really consider myself one). For casual fans, its hard to say how the game will tide over, but I believe the gameplay is extremely polished and already quite balanced that anyone that gets a hang of it will be hooked.

I respect your opinion though, comes down to preference.
    test
  16. DJisGOD

DJisGOD New Member

i just mean that the rts genre has been stagnant for a long long time,there is pretty much 0 innovation in sc2 its a pretty generic sequel to me,even games liek world in conflict and dawn of war tried to do things a little diff but sc2 sticks to the exact same blueprint the original had. i wish they had done more really.there is nothing in this game i have not done 50000 times before in other games and it just dosnt give enough reason to dedicate the time needed to it,if it wasnt called starcraft i doubt anyone would even notice the game
    test
  17. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I think sticking to the blueprint was absolutely necessary though. Blizzard wants the game to be successful as an "E-Sport" in the same way that the original one was, but more on an international level (rather than just in South Korea). With the beta we already saw numerous high-level tournaments as well as a couple with prize pools of several thousand dollars. The speed at which high-level play was established is a testament to polished game design, in my opinion.

Personally, I think the core concept of the game (which, as you mentioned, has remained virtually unchanged) is basically perfect. The game itself is not without flaws, but if Blizzard had implemented newer concepts like a cover system, or overextended themselves in attempting to innovate, SC2's potential as an E-Sport would have been destroyed. Changes like unlimited unit selection, multi-building selection, and auto-mining were honestly just making up for oversights and limitations of the original (and even these logical progressions were contested by much of the hardcore community, lol).

Wow I'm a nerd.
    test
  18. Sleazy-E

Sleazy-E amsterdam!

it's been a long time since i played a game on a pc at all, but i loved starcraft 1
    test
  19. woozy__

woozy__ 209 in this bitch

my computer probably sucks too much to run it. i also wasn't that good at the first one surprisingly...
    test
  20. TunK

TunK Active Member

Listen, SC2 was suppose to be pretty much the same with some new stuff and graphics. Why do you think they kept Super Street Fighter 4 the same as Super Street Fighter 2, with some new stuff and graphics. Because thats what the people want.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.