OT: Scientists close in on AIDS vaccine

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Jizznips, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i dont think their hiding a cure but your post was the dumbest shit ever smh.. you answered your own question, because the supressers and treatment consistently bring in money that a single vaccine/cure wouldnt..

but like i said, i dont follow the whole "their hiding the cure!" marathon, just thought it was funny how you came at someone then answered your own question
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

PS: whoever argued the 91% cured would be leaving the other 9% to spread... you realize their saying it covers 91% of STRAINS, not 91% OF the strain..

they said there are 190 known strains, so 91% of them are curable if this comes out, FULLY curable.. meaning around 172 will be curable strains, the other 18 wont be, thats a BIG DEAL... believe it or not HIV isn't that easy to catch, if you fuck someone with it unprotected its still around 1 in 200,000 chances of you getting it through that 1 time (might be less but i remember havin the scare one time and when i got checked they gave me a lot of info).. and with 172 of the 190 strains being curable that drops even lower, lets hope this comes together sooner than later

edit: they're still a ways from a vaccine, they just see this as a big step forward because now they understand the virus more.. they said turning it to a vaccine is still a hard long process, what gets me though is i have a feeling once we've got a grip on curing HIV were gonna have something else become as serious... all the talk i seen of gonorrhea strains in other parts of the world becoming uncurable and immune to all the medicines we've used on it over the years, maybe that'll end up being the next "HIV" in terms of how shook you'd be to catch it
    test
  3. onitabas

onitabas die faggot

Yeah I can't fucking wait when they get a vaccine and then we have the right wing lunatics in this country whine against vaccination like they did against the HPV vaccine because it would cause "promiscuity."
    test
  4. SMEEGLE

SMEEGLE Active Member

Maybe you should call and tell them that. Dear God what a travesty those idiot scientists have overlooked.
    test
  5. Sleazy-E

Sleazy-E amsterdam!

i dislike most aids lines and jokes, but i thought the saurus's "do those gayass jeans come with an aids vaccine" was pretty nice

i thought i'd drop that in this thread
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.