OT: Playing the World Series of Poker Main Event

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Saurus, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Saurus

The Saurus Two Times of a lotta shit

The oppurtunity of a lifetime has come my way and Ive been blessed with a shot at this year's WSOP Main Event. It begins July 5th, my birthday, at the Rio and runs for 12 days until they reach the final 9 players, at which point there is a 4 month break between day 12 and the actual final table. Projected field size is around 6 thousand players, so roughly the top 600 will make the money, a minimum of just over 20K.
    Along with a shot at ridiculous money comes a huge promotional oppurtunity if i were to make a tv table and hopefully get a minute or two of camera time. The last 2 years of main event coverage have each had a poker-pro make pathetic attempts at rapping on camera. Jeff Madsen, a two time bracelet winner, is the most recent of the two and I've been tryin to get at him for an on camera battle or something that ESPN can film.
    Obviously the deeper i go in the tournament the higher the likelihood of cameratime, a possible tv table which would be guaranteed money just from internet gaming sites trying to advertise via hats and clothing, and even a brief bio as they commonly do during coverage of the Main Event just so the audience becomes more familiar with the players, particularly the amatuers.
    I leave for Vegas a week from today and I'll be playing at least one or two of the Venetian DeepStacks events over the weekend to get in gear for the big show. If i happen to go on the run of a lifetime, goodbye. let the hatred commense
    test
  2. Elapz

Elapz New Member

good luck
    test
  3. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

The Redbull challenge is what you should be focusing on, honestly. Props for this though and best of wishes.
    test
  4. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

good luck. but if you win it once...you HAVE to win it twice...cant be two time champ of everything without it.
    test
  5. Kurrection

Kurrection AKA Tooz Da Gawd

This would be a dream of mine to play one before I die.

I wish you the best of luck, it would sick if you get some camera time or one of those quick bios about the players. The latest winners have been damn lucky and didnt play good at all.

And if you win you know you gonna have to win again or else you cant be called two time champ of everything.

Edit - KingFly got the joke in before me. Bastard.
    test
  6. w1seGUY

w1seGUY Active Member

didn't prahlad friendman kick a rap too? haha. good luck saurus. you got this.
    test
  7. The Saurus

The Saurus Two Times of a lotta shit

well if i miss the Red Bul challenge it will only be because Im making some impossible run toward the final table. a worthy sacrafice. If i win the main event I'll have my people call Em's people to apologize
    test
  8. Maytrikz

Maytrikz Genuine Person Time

Good luck, get your poker face on.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. Triangle

Triangle 100% FRESH

Main event > Red Bull battles
    any day

Final Table!
    test
  10. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

Not when you're a battle rapper. But like I said, good for him and hopefully he kills this. Chris moneymaker won online and proceeded to win it all.
    test
  11. Wonderin

Wonderin New Member

Good luck. Win it all.
    test
  12. Street Dreams

Street Dreams New Member

Thesaurus vs phil ivey!

haha.... best of luck!
    test
  13. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

...I don't see how anyone could possibly hate on this. That is absolutely crazy.
    I just hope TheSaurus' idea of a poker face isn't anything like the WRC '06 finals, lol..

(joking)
    test
  14. TrillThugBoss

TrillThugBoss Well-Known Member

good luck mane
    test
  15. Kurrection

Kurrection AKA Tooz Da Gawd

If The Saurus wins WSOP he will enter battles with 4 men carrying him on one those chair for kings. He will be covered in gold and wear a crown. During the battle there will be 4 women feeding him grapes while his opponent battles. He will not stand during his battles, just sit with on his throne with his legs crossed. If Saurus is a judge for a battle, the camera will be focued on his the entire time and only audio will be heard of the battle. Before his battles he would give shout outs to Daniel Negraneu, Phil Ivey & Poker Stars.

Ok thats enough from me.
    test
  16. Coldhands

Coldhands Member

How did you get selected to play in this tournament?
    test
  17. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

plo 10k buy in has a smaller field and a easier road to win a bracelet... gl at the main event, life changing money right there
    test
  18. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

good luck man. i always tell myself im gonna play a 1 or 2 thousand dollar event every year, but i havent ended up doing it yet.

i remember i was playing in tahoe around new years in 08 i think it was and my homey that i was there with told me when we got back to the hotel that he was playin at a table with a dude who was talking about how he was world rap champ and this and that and that his name was thesaurus

funny shit. then he looked up some of your youtube footage on his phone and showed me. i had no idea who thesaurus was at the time
    test
  19. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

anyone can play if they cough up 10k for the buy in
    test
  20. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

I seriously doubt there will be a single player there with as interesting a back story as you. Do what you can to make sure those TV people know who you are and they'll be all over it. And don't lose.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.