OT: one of the many reasons i voted for ron paul in '08

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Eyerate, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

not on mankind...just politicians....

Your faith in Politicians rez is amazing...your Dad's one you said I think so then you of all people should know....they play games and manipulate to get what they want or what they think is 'best for the country' for a Politician the ends justify the means unless the ends is them not getting re-elected hahaha

They say things to themselves like "Well if I dont lie then I wont get voted in and I wont be able to make the changes needed for the better, therefore I'll play along until I get in then I'll do what I want" then they get in and realise now its a never ending cycle and they cant do what they want coz then theyll be exposed....now they stuck, now they a Politician, they moved from a Idealistic fresh out of school eager person to a shady playing the game snake.....its life, happens to anyone, those it doesnt happen to are extremly RARE, they dont happen every election cycle we're lucky if there's one a generation namean

PEACE
    test
  2. reznick

reznick New Member

Sifu I know. 99% politicians are dirty as fuck. It's probably the most corrupt and dangerous game out there. But once in a while you get a 1%er. You just have to recognize them when they are here. Obama is one of them.

If you wanted to take down a heavily guarded fortress by your lonesome, do you go in guns blazing? You will be known as the greatest hero, but you will die before you do any real damage. If you want to take down a heavily guarded fortress, you must disguise yourself as one of them. Sneak your way in. And change the place INTERNALLY. This method doesn't receive any type of hero's recognition. Not until the job is over.

Ron Paul is the type to go in guns blazing. Thats why he will never get elected. To change the game, you must play the game. Or you will never be dealt a hand.

You are on the right track about people "lying, so they can get votes". Your worry is that those people get sucked into the game after a while. But Obama just has to look in the mirror everyday to remind himself why he is there

My faith for politics is down the drain. Obama is the only hope out there.
    test
  3. reznick

reznick New Member

Warning: long dissertation below

look Sifu.

Im a son of someone involved in politics, and here I am on RM.com

Im a huge fan of rap, and it's been my only genre of preference since as far back as I can remember.

The culture in rap music teaches over and over again the oppression from government, and the abuse the people receive from them. It's one of the most common themes in rap music.

I been bumping Immortal Technique for at least 6 years. You think I would sit here and bs about a politician if I knew he was bad?

Im on your guys side when it comes to government vs the people. I would never ever verbally support a politician if I wasn't certain that he was doing a great job, and is in there for the best interest of the people. I hate politicians. Theres some politicians my dad backed up whom I never trusted, and never will, and I have always been upfront about those opinions to him, and others. My instinct pertaining to those manners were usually right, and sometimes he regrets having supported certain politicians. But Obama is the farthest from being in that category.

I know his history. He was just another one of us college rebellious kids growing up with anti-government sentiments. However once he decided to get serious about changing the world, he had to suppress those opinions from coming out PUBLICLY.

Remember when Michelle said "This is the first time in my life that I am proud of my country"? There was a big media frenzy. She had to go on the news and say that she didn't mean that statement.

Well she meant that statement 100%, and surely still does. But that is the greatest example of how you must play the game to change the game.

If Obama criticized governments of the past openly to the public, the way he REALLY feels about them, he would never be in an office that allowed him to make those changes. They would call him unpatriotic. Theres people who didnt vote for him based off his middle name, mind you.

If I were Obama, I would have been criticizing the government from the beginning, but guess what. I wouldn't be president. I would just be another name on a ballot in the history books.

Look. If a man wanted the best for the world and it's people, he will not have the audacity or the ego to run for president. They say that the president of the US should be someone who doesn't want to be it. Because by trying to popularize yourself, your already going against your morals. However people like Obama understand this, and popularized himself knowing that it will get him to the seat of the office where he can do great things. He wanted to change his country so bad, that he had to stoop down to a politicians level in order to get elected, and thats campaigning yourself. The essence of elections have never been pure simply because of the nature of the process. He may be the only person in history to use elections, for the correct purpose, and thats to advertise yourself as the best person to help the people.

Like I said guys, Obama has no kitchen cabinet. And if you know what that means, then you have to respect the fuck out of that. Because I can bet that you guys cannot find another politician on this earth who does not have one.
    test
  4. MCVeteran

MCVeteran I enjoy Capri Suns

hi everyone.
    test
  5. Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo Well-Known Member

chocolate milk>strawberry milk
    test
  6. Per$onal

Per$onal New Member

reznick, you're an idiot if you think obama's actually pulling all the troops out and ending the war

US stresses military role in Iraq, combat brigades under different name | Raw Story

he's taking out the combat brigades and replacing them with 50,000 mercenaries....the war is far from over, our presence is going to be in the middle east as long as he's president, and the tax payers are still going to be paying for it.

oh yeah, and obama is one of the most corrupt piliticians we've ever had..if not the most
    test
  7. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

LMAO...

Is your faggot-ass still talking about this shit?

Jesus Christ, get a fucking job or go play play basketball or some shit.
    test
  8. estcstm3

estcstm3 New Member

Dont ever quote Ayn Rand unless you know what the fuck you are talking about. She had her own philosophy Objectivisism which is about man reaching a their full potential for themselves, not for government, other, etc... Im sure none of you in here even know Ayn Rand (fountain head, atlas shrugged), maybe because they are over 500 pages and dont have pictures. Or CNN or your hippied activist didnt pass them to you with he Che G. revolutionary genocidal bullshit!

And eyerate you are trying to argue solid points to a buch of teenagers or college kids that were like yeah change... Obama hes black... thats so cool! SHEEP!!!!
    test
  9. Per$onal

Per$onal New Member

I actually play college hockey...what the fuck do you do?

That's what I thought...shut the fuck up
    test
  10. reznick

reznick New Member

Those are "Assist and Advise" brigades. They are put there to stabilize the transition from pulling out thousands of soldiers from a country. They get special training before they are deployed, so "assist" the people on the country, rather than fight a war against another entity.

"Under an agreement with the Iraqi government, all U.S. troops must be out of Iraq by Dec. 31, 2011."

So before 2012 there will be 0 US troops in Iraq.

You said we will never stop fighting there, but the only troops left are assist troops, while the combat troops have been pulled out. Or are too simple minded to comprehend the existence of both realities?

and your " O btw Obama is the most corrupt ever" you put at the end of your posts doesn't really have any effect on anyone.

I could say the sky is brown. But it just sounds silly without any sort of supporting evidence
    test
  11. Per$onal

Per$onal New Member

Supporting evidence? He has the most pro wall street administration ever...with almost all of his cabinet postions filled with former goldmansachs bankers and federal reserve members, including the previous chairman.

Barack Obama has collected nearly twice as much money as John McCain

again...not to mention all of the corporate doners

He than went and bailed all of them out first thing when he got into office....but i'm sure that had nothing to do with it....just a coincidence

oh yeah, and again he's misleading the people with his double speak...yeah, he'll get all of the "troops" out...the people he's putting in are under another name...these guys will be there for years...and no, they aren't just there to "assist" people, despite there cute name.....there main job is still to "fight terrorism". Not to mention the fact that obama has just tripled the number of military contractors in iraq, such as from the corrupt blackwater corp.
    test
  12. onitabas

onitabas die faggot

Yes, I proved that Barack Obama responds to special interests rather than the electorate. This is not a problem with Barack Obama, it is a problem with our political system as a whole. Obama is not unique, in two ways. He is not uniquely evil nor uniquely good. You didn't disprove me wrong except by flat out denying it, by saying that small donations outnumbered Obama's donors from Wall Street and so forth. You didn't respond to me why Obama has surrounded himself with people straight from Wall Street.

I don't see a single thing in that article that disproves anything I have said. I am not doing any remolding of my argument, I suggest you reread my post and I am going to reiterate it. I am 100% totally and fully and completely aware that combat troops are leaving Iraq. What I said already (I am not saying anything I haven't already, nothing is being "remolded" here) is that the troops are being replaced by private military contractors. Also, our 8 football fields large embassy is still in Baghdad. We are going to continue having permanent bases in Iraq. We are never leaving Iraq because it is a very strategic spot in global geo-politics. Smack dab in the center of the middle east with tons of oil reserves.

It is ironic you are telling me to "get involved" when that is what I say to you. I am not going to list off what I do because that is a red herring (but I will give one example, last week I participated in a rally/strike for poorly treated Sodexo workers who are being harassed by their management for even thinking about organizing).

What I tell YOU to do is to get involved. Voting for "the good guy" is not "being involved." Get with your community and partake in a movement that isn't "please donate to Democrat/Republican #243255."

Also this is the second time you are attacking me for "researching." Is wanting to know what is going on in the world a negative thing to you?

Finally you admit it! To be a successful politician in America you have to sacrifice everything you personally believe in and be beholden to corporate and upper class interests. That is "playing the game."
    test
  13. estcstm3

estcstm3 New Member

I know most of you are young, and the one of you that are older and dont see the logic in the constitution and states rights (i.e. Ron Paul), are lazy fucks looking for a shortcut. You want somebody else to sacrafice for you and you dont care about the repercussions because its easier than you making tough choices for yourself. Seriously stop being such lemmings. Ask yourself tough questions and dont give bullshit p.c answers because you have been crammed that shit since you were 4. Reznick your a tool, you already said you have to play the game to be dealt a card... that makes you bitch made, who doesnt stick to what they believe in (Everything wrong with politics). And since when is it cool that or role model worthy to have a parent in JAIL! Grow up everybody RM is not the real world... yelling coconut yappers, and battle rap is bullshit entertainment, being ghetto is just that FUCKING GHETTO. Thats not something to be looked up upon.

Conservatives believe in equality of opportunity. Liberals believe in equality of outcome
    test
  14. reznick

reznick New Member

No. Most politicians dont have to sacrafice any morals because they are already dirty to begin with.

Obama had to sacrifice his sentiments about the government from being heard by the public, so he could be elected.

I dont know exactly how else to get the message across. Like if Obama says publicly "I don't think Sarah Palin is dumb, she just has a few things wrong." Does that stop him from thinking she is a total dipshit in the confinements of his own home or brain? Not at all. Obama is not an open book, because like I said, if he were, he would NOT be president.

And if you think thats "being fake" or "being shady" then your too naive to understand what it takes to make real change in this world. Ron Paul will never be president. All he is, is a good idea.
    test
  15. reznick

reznick New Member

Because he is innocent? Just like 20% of people in jail

and onit, I think that is great that you helped those people out. Very commendable.

But when I say get involved, I am speaking about actual politics. Is there a politician out there you really support? Attend a fundraiser. Throw a fund raiser. Can't find any good politicians? Run for a local office. You would be surprised at how far you can get when you actually do it, and do it with belief in yourself. Theres no better way to learn about politics. And you seem very passionate about issues in the world. If you want the world to change, sometimes you have to do it yourself. There are many local political positions that are not hard at all to get elected for. Go for it my friend, see what it's really all about. What's stopping you?

It's easy to sit at home and say a person should do this and this. But do you have the balls to do it yourself? Get off the bench, and get in the game.
    test
  16. reznick

reznick New Member

Are we still having the bailout discussion? Our economy would have collapsed if he had not done the bailouts.

I don't understand the significance of your link, because you tried to make the same exact point in that other thread we debated in. 93% of Obamas money came from individual donations of $200 and less. Again, if Obama had special interest in being a puppet for wall street, how did Mccain collect half the money Obama did? Why did Mccain get a single cent?

GS donated a million remember? But do you also remember that the 1 million is split up between 14,000 families? What is Obama gonna do for accountant Joe Smith at Goldman Sachs? Send him a 10k check for a 200% gain on his campaign contribution investment? Send him a plasma tv, and some strippers? What?
    test
  17. Per$onal

Per$onal New Member

First of all, if you think the bail-out did anything but make things twice as bad, you're retarded. By now even the obama camp has admitted it didn't work. I think you're about the only one left in the world, including obama, who thinks it helped the economy.

Secondly, no, 93% of his money didn't come from donations of 200 or less....93% of his DONATIONS came from doners of 200 or less...the vast majority of his money still came from the corporate doners....and the corporate doners are the ones he has to answer to and who actually have power. These people who gave small donations are just glad he got into office and most of them are going through the honeymoon period. The banks who got him into office are the ones expecting something.

And yeah it's split up...that's the loophole...nobody's allowed to give that much money...they have to find ways around that....obviously these company's work out deals with their employees....this kind've stuff is nothing new...I'm sure there's a system by now

And mccain recieved some from a few different companies to. The reason? As it states in the article companies don't give to the candidate they like the most, they give it to who they think is going to win. Obviously a few companies took a gamble and gave to mccain incase he won. It was a long shot, but a million here and there is chump change to them..It's low risk/high reward...when corporations give to candidates it's an investment....They know they get something in return if/when they win.

If donations given by corporations didn't actually make a difference, like you're suggesting, than in such a terrible economy they wouldn't have given away money. That would've been a waste.

It takes a huge leap of faith that the bail-out was just a "pleasent surprise" for these guys
    test
  18. reznick

reznick New Member

So the 200 and less are donations, then what is the 10 mil from the financial sector? same thing.

"And yeah it's split up...that's the loophole...nobody's allowed to give that much money...they have to find ways around that....obviously these company's work out deals with their employees....this kind've stuff is nothing new...I'm sure there's a system by now"

just proves your the retard. One of the 14,000 employees at gs could expose this "system" and be rich for the rest of their lives off of it. How big of a conspiracy do you think this is? Every employee of ever financial company is in on it?

So they say "Hey joe, we been talking to the execs, and we feel you should donate to mccain". Something like that?

Get Real
    test
  19. Per$onal

Per$onal New Member

Yeah i'm sure it was just a huge coincidence.....I'm sure that since the law was passed about donation limits, businesses haven't found a way to get around it.

Everything is just sunshine and daisies.....nothin to see here fellas....huge corporations and politicians are model citizens who wouldn't hurt a fly
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.