OT MK9 trailer

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by hyabusaslice, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

mk has plenty of balance. well, most of the games at least. all i know is that youve gotta be INSANELY good MK player to fuck wit me when i get my Jonny Cage on, real talk. bring on the liu kang groupies. lol. the fatalitys were dope, but the babalities/animalities/friendships were corny as fuck, no argument there.

deception/deadly alliance are pretty balanced btw. really all the mk games are well balanced outside of Liu Kang, but they made him less effective deception and onwards.

@ Jaze : MK3 was garbage to me. MK were the trendsetters, but started to bite from Killer Instinct with the combo system, but it wasnt implimented nearly as well. a few of the new characters were cool, but as a whole, i wasnt impressed. coupled with no jonny cage = fail

come on Jaze, are you REALLY trying to convince me Sub Zero was a good game? really? seriously? wow, u may be the 1st or 2nd person ever who cosigns that game...lol

deadly alliance and deception were hella fun. they changed the system, but the system worked GREAT. switching between stances is fun and adds new challenge. if ur hung up on the old system, then yeah its disappointing.

mk vs dc was pure gimmicky. had some good ideas, but it didnt feel right, i dunno.

MK1, 2, deception and deadly alliance i all loved. every other mk game i either hated, or was ok at best to me.
    test
  2. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

i liked mk armageddon the most because there was 70 playable fighters or so...fatalities were trash but fun game
    test
  3. sporatic

sporatic New Member

Been waitin on the next MK game, Kung Lao looks dope, release looks like early 2011.
    test
  4. mellance

mellance New Member

Elaquent:

CBA responding or even quoting that horseshit, but if you think MK games are balanced you seriously need to play more fighting games, because you cant have much experience with a dumb notion like that.

Get a fundamental grasp of what equals "balance" in a fighting game and then we'll talk, until then you are just a waste of time.
    test
  5. jazegtnyvp

jazegtnyvp V.I.P. (BeastCoast NY)

yo i'm a huge mk fan dude, one of my favorite games ever so first lemme say wtf is wrong with the ppl coming in here talking about mk being a bastardization? no fuckin way dude. i'm a huge SF fan but its easy to see they're two different cookies, people who say MK isnt balanced probably suck at the game and get their asses whooped. or at least play me and let's see you see saw ur way out of barakas blade. Mortal kombat is classic, killer instinct is more of a bastardization and was a damn fun game at that. people on that go street fighter hate other 2d fighters :hammer:

anyways my fault Elaquent, i mean im not gonna sit here and front like the overwhelming majority of people including reviewers who played mk sub-zero mythologies didn't hate it, but i think it was way ahead of its time and fun game mostly for fans of quirky side scrollers/fighting adventure games and the mortal kombat fighting engine period. like if ur a big mk 2 or 3 fan no reason why u wouldn't be able to get into the fighting. i guess the mk3 styles combos turned u off to the engine? so there's a button to turn around? no big deal to me.

Mk3s combo system to me was completely different from killer instinct. killer instinct you'd have moves that would trigger long combos, hit a downright fierce after that and we're talking 8-12 hits. mortal kombat 3 was button for button. smaller combos. no combo breakers but they werent that long so it wasn't needed. and the run button was fucking fun in the arcade foreal dude. it was like mortal kombat 2, or every other fighting game on coke. loss of johnny cage sucked for sure, and creatively it was nowhere NEAR fucking with mk2. i'm just saying the fighting engine was fast paced and fun. having a kabal vs subzero fight in that game with two good players is mad fun. or cyrax and sektor. has more replay value in that way than alot of other mk games to me.
    test
  6. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

ay bada boom bada bing...i like this post...i agree with it
    test
  7. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

kabal was fucking broken in ultimate mk3
    test
  8. mellance

mellance New Member

Try and think about why you havent and will ever see large tournaments being held in Mortal Kombat, i'll give you a hint it's the same reason why you have never seen KI tournaments.

Plus you really show how fucking little you know about fighting games in general when you talk about 8-12 hits?, in KI you could lock ultra combos from the getgo you chain Orchid and the whole match becomes about who of the players locks his ultra first and then you can just sit there and watch since you can do FUCK ALL.

Bottom line you are fucking delusional and would get laughed out of any serious community for fighter games if you tried and convice people that any MK game thus far has had any BALANCE to speak of.
    test
  9. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

btw mellance is right from a pro gaming perspective

mk is cute to play with friends and all but it's no competitive fighter by any stretch
    test
  10. jazegtnyvp

I think there hasn't been large MK tournaments anymore because once upon a time a little baby started crying when he got his ass handed to him in a match and started a campaign about how mortal kombat isn't balanced. only faggots play KI cheesy. only to homos it's only about who can unlock orchids ultra combo first.

Actually in Nathans in Yonkers they used to hold Mortal Kombat tournaments in the arcades, so what exactly the fuck are you talking about? Does an organization have to hold fighting game tournaments for it to be good and competititve anyways?

Obviously you can hit ultra combos with a short sequence of moves in Killer Instinct. that's not the point. on the most simple level you can get a bigger combo easier than in MK3. that was the point. plus there were combo breakers unlessss you're cheesing. anybody who tried that infinite combo shit with me in KI got smashded to bits. serious community of fighters? do they have to be smug little lames like you cuz in that case I want no part of it.
    test
  11. jazegtnyvp

Completely false. ^ Probably not a good MK player.
    test
  12. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

ok
    test
  13. Maytrikz

Maytrikz Genuine Person Time

[youtube]vGY8fyLrXMk[/youtube]
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. mellance

mellance New Member

haha, tell you what garden tool, you give me your gametag and i'll make you my bitch in any fucking fighting game you name any day of the week, we can do a best of 10, and i'll give you a 9 up front headstart and i'd still beat you half dead and win it 10-9
    test
  15. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

SSF2T was one of the least balanced fighters ever, and it's still played competitively to this day.

Honestly though, these days balance means a lot. It's the same reason the MLG picked up T6 and not SSF4, because of balance. Speaking of which, all you guys who think you got tekken skills should go to the next one, they fucking pay out major cash, with the final tourney of the season shelling out $12,500 to the winner, and regular season tourneys paying out $2500 to the winner.

Not all fighting games have to be competitive though, the super competitive ones are the same ones you can't just have your friends play with you from time to time when they haven't sat and practiced for hours and hours. Sometimes, it's nice to have a game that has a lot to learn, but can be pick up and played by anyone. Same reason VF never hit it off here in the states, because of the sheer difficulty involved. You either play VF a LOT, or you won't touch it ever. That's the options with that title.

MK has that pick up and play factor. Just about anyone can have fun with it. The later PS2/Xbox generation MK's leaned away from that, which led to there diminishing popularity, but if this one goes back to their roots then it may have a chance to be popular. If it's popular, I can pretty much promise Evo will pick it up.
    test
  16. reznick

reznick New Member

trilogy was the best
    test
  17. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

a lot of truth in this post homie. i laugh when ppl make the "balance" argument. everybody i know bitches and complains about liu kang being too strong, too cheap, blah blah blah, all it means is you need to sit down and figure out a strategy. im not saying im the worlds best MK player, but ive beaten many ppl with Cage, a character that many ppl generally dont fuck with for whatever reason. clearly Jaze knows whats up. certain characters are easier to learn, but it comes down to skill at the end of the day. no button masher who doesnt really play MK will ever beat me in that game. NO GOOD MK PLAYER thinks its unbalanced like that.

trust me jaze, Im a big mk fan too...and i REALLY REALLY wanted to like that game (sub zero)...the idea was cool and essentially it was the same system....but it just didnt work out for me i guess. that special forces game on the ps1 was garbage too, but that was a 3rd person game.

dont get me wrong, i realize that everybody loves MK3, ive always been in the minority in that belief, but i dunno, i think it was a game that i enjoyed better in the arcade than on the console. i just found the combo system annoying, and all those animality/brutality shit was corny to me. and the fatalities werent as fresh as MK2 imo.

i think ppl really slept on deadly alliance/deception tho, the fighting system was awesome in that game, i was sad when they changed it in armageddon and did away with it altogether in mk vs dc....i understand it was closer to the original MK, but the game mechanics were still flawed to me. perhaps it wasnt "garbage" as i previously mentioned, but it was definetely one of my least fav mks.
    test
  18. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

gtfoh with that shit. explain to me how mk games are soooooo unbalanced. u've sparked my curiousity, i must admit.
    test
  19. pill grim

pill grim CHRONNIE SPARKO

real talk, this is the best news i've heard in months
    looks like they're going back to their roots, fuck yes
    test
  20. mellance

mellance New Member

Im not gonna explain a fucking thing, there is a fundemental reason why you havent and will never see a MK game included in EVO or other such things, BECAUSE THEY ARENT BALANCED WORTH FUCK ALL.

It's that simple so unless a MK game is released that completly steers away from its old ways this cycle of MK games being novice entertainment for pisspoor players who cant hack it with games that require actual skill and get off on gimmicky bullshit such as "fatalitys" will continue.

I'll make the same offer as i did jaze you give me a gamertag and i'll make you my fucking bitch in any fucking fighting game you name, and save me another fucking diatribe about "such and such character is balanced, wuäh requires skill yadda yadda"

A real fighting game has every single individual character somewhat balanced in whatever matchup they are put in, every move has a counter and vice versa, MK games have been plagued with x number of characters that are vastly superior to y amount of characters , unblockable moves and other such bullshit.

But sure you and jaze continue your fagget gaggle where you pat each other on the back and think you have any kind of skill because you can win matches in mortal kombat and KI and other gimmick games, and you give me a call when you think you are ready to step up to the majors and i'll send you and that other fagget packing back to the fucking boonies again.

Bottomline?, fuck both of you bitch made faggets.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.