OT: lets talk about LOST... seriously..

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Eyerate, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

thats not media convergence... the media convergence campaign was all the websites and commercials and the appearance of alvar hanso on jimmy kimmel.. dumping that entire plotline and all that backstory for a dumbed down allegorical finale is just a garbage ass move.. sure, you hadto capture the story, then they abandoned it for something completely unrelated.... how do you not see that?
    test
  2. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Ok, sure. Where do you want to start with Kate/Sawyer/Jack? Lets go with the "that tension doesn't exist anymore" argument you made.

Last season finale, Jack and Sawyer scrapped it out because Jack said he wanted another chance with Kate, which is why he was going to blow the island to smithereens.

The Oceanic 6 flash forwards about their characters were almost entirely focused on Jack and Kate's deteriorating relationship off of the island.

And this season, the cross-flash between Sawyer and Kate is entirely devoted to developing their relationship again. I wouldn't be surprised to see the two of them leaving the island together at the end while Jack and Hurley stick around. So, basically, that component of the show hasn't really gone anywhere.

How about you saying that their three-way dichotomy was a key part of the human component to the show? My point with Sayid and Shannon's god awful subplot relationship was that there were, and continue to be, PLENTY of forced, crappy relationships throughout the series (we could talk about Ana-Lucia/Sawyer/Jack or Sayid/Shannon or Hurley/Libbey or Charlie/Claire or Ben/Juliet or Jack/Juliet or Sawyer/Juliet or Faraday/Charlotte and so on) but they all served similar purposes and weren't altogether that important to the major thematic points they were developing.

How about we talk about you saying that the writing has gotten worse, which makes relationships like Sawyer and Juliet's seem fake? Worse writing than Kate and Sawyer playing a game of "Never have I ever" with airplane sized bottles of alcohol? C'mon son.

I don't really "get" what you're saying about this show not being science fiction and religious based until recently. Religion has ALWAYS been there. Since the first episode of the first season. ALWAYS. A lot of the mystery/suspense elements have transitioned into an action approach, but what'd you expect? Those were the first seasons, these are the last. You can't keep setting up unanswered questions forever.

My dude, if I want a complex consideration of the human condition, something that really makes me think and piece together deep developing aspects of a narrative, I'll read a book. This is a TV show. All I ask of it is entertainment.
    test
  3. RegularJoe

This is now officially the longest conversation I've ever had about this show, by the way. This is a transcript of the conversation me and my roommate had about the last episode.

Me: They weren't fucking around with that one, eh?
    Roommate: Yeah. Shit was crazy.
    test
  4. Eyerate

i didnt want to discuss sawyer/kate/jack... yes, they ABRUPTLY killed it.. we all know.. my point is WHY?

im not going to go round and round with you and your circular logic... you say some shit thats all based on your opinion, which doesnt at ALL coincide with the vast majority of viewers.. then i come back and shoot it down, then you digress into some weird tangent on a minor point i made completely ignoring the major one...

you tried to make a point that we were idiots for looking for things to be rooted in reality because its a sci-fi show thats never held true to anything we understand to be concrete.. i shit on that by explaining that the REASON lost was any good in the first place is because it was in fact rooted in reality and the shocking deviations from that made it great.. as opposed to now, where we look for some hilarious perversion of reality to pass the time as we wait for them to finally finish the trainwreck with an epic explosion.

you are the FAR minority on this, and with good reason.. what i said earlier still rings true.. if you are simple minded enough to be as entertained by some flashing lights and ominous music with no substance driving it as you were by the suspense and mystery of the original few seasons, the issue lies with you.. not with the people wanting more.
    test
  5. Eyerate

which further supports my theory that you are simple enough that you dont require immersion to think a show is great..

id venture to guess anyone who has seen even the entire first season has had LENGTHY discussion and debate about what happens on that show.. how the fuck could you NOT? because your an android who takes everything at face value and then moves on to the next remedial task in your life? come on....
    test
  6. Sleazy-E

Sleazy-E amsterdam!

lol you assume i just want to watch shit blow up because i don't like lost?

keeping it 60% at best right now
    test
  7. RegularJoe

I'm sorry dude, I don't know what to do with you anymore.

I'm cool with you wanting to attribute me still deriving entertainment from the show to my simple mindedness. I think the lack of entertainment you derive from the show can be attributed to your over thinking of it.

I'm the minority, but guess what? I'm still happy. I still like the show. I don't watch it with a scowl on my face every week rolling my eyes at the directions they went in. I'm not waiting for an epic explosion trainwreck finale. I'm just watching the show cause, you know, I think it's kinda cool. If I didn't think it was cool, you know, I'd stop watching it. Cause that seems, you know, fucking dumb.

If that makes me simple minded, then shit, I'll take it.
    test
  8. Eyerate

if thats the case, and you just watch it because its something to occupy your eyes, then you CANNOT come at all of us sideways with some convoluted shit about how "its always been sci-fi guys COME ON!"... just say "i like bright flashy things lolz" and keep it movin.
    test
  9. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

you guys are wierd
    test
  10. StayAwesome

StayAwesome Member

while i can see WHY people have dropped the show, the show is still great, especially this last season

they've slowly answered questions, and there are only the few big questions left which will probably be left for the finale.
    test
  11. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

i like bright flashy things
    test
  12. reznick

reznick New Member

I only did outside research on last during the first two seasons, and only did it briefly. I did it when I saw that Dharma thing for the first time. The show was so awesome at that time I wanted to know more. I also looked further into the philosopher-character similarities and stuff.

But then as things revealed, it got less interesting
    It got to a point where I was like "fuck this. im probably smarter than these writers, why would waste my time filling my brain with their lostpedia shit."
    test
  13. RegularJoe

This.
    test
  14. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

If you wanna talk about forced, how bout Nikki and Paulo?

Oh and how the fuck did Kate survive a bullet wound, sub explosion, and 5 minutes swim to the surface?
    test
  15. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

peeps is still watchin lost? lmao
    test
  16. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Forreal Bino...only bits I watched was there was some 'monster' an shit then the next thing I watched they in some underground bunker finding out some weird shit bout the Island lol....shit is wack as fuck and to me wasnt entertaining or interesting in the least bit....Im surprised you lot are discussing it to this extent namean lol

PEACE
    test
  17. reznick

reznick New Member

lol yea we were laughing at this too
    test
  18. Eyerate

the bullet wound is a stretch? my dude that hole was 4 feet wide... you dont get to have a touching 5 minute exchange when you blow a hole in a sub at 1000+ feet down... not to mention it would be impossible for them to exit said hole, let alone surface from that depth(which was probably somewhere close to 4000 feet assuming the rate the sub was sinking from that outside view + the whole "5 minutes from surface" comment + the drawn out shit after the explosion) with a single temp oxy bottle if at all... and theyre all trained in freediving and none of them ruptured their lungs from depression? the whole shit is hilarious. everything about the submarine on lost is hilarious fail.. remember the fucking CG submarine from last season? holy shit it looked like a bad N64 game :funny:

[youtube]th401DUh8fw[/youtube]
    test
  19. Eyerate

hey man i only saw these bits with these big blue monkeys and then some guy with face all sliced up bruv and some trees and shit.. why are you guys so excited about avatar shit is wack as fuck namean?

PEACE
    test
  20. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

haha we shudnt of said that la

remember these peeps ave wasted many hours of they time watchin it they gon defend it rigorously haha
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.