OT: lets talk about LOST... seriously..

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Eyerate, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Damn Eyerate... you're so loved.
    test
  2. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhh I just hate LOST so much ... but what can I do about it ... I'm gunna fuckin ... I'm gunna fuckin ... I'M GUNNA FUCKIN MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT ON THE MESSAGE BOARD I POST ABOUT RAP BATTLES ON!
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

good show, not all of us have an attention span, thats why 90% of you wont go farther then this board in life lol
    test
  4. reznick

reznick New Member

RegularJoe:

When I said realistic, I meant the characters, and how they were reacting to shit.

Yea when that smoke cloud first came and raped them everyone was like "WTF?!". Thats how the viewers felt too. It was a realistic reaction to some crazy ass sci fi shit.

But then after a while these characters all became citizens of la la land. At some point in the show I didnt give a fuck about what happened to the characters anymore, because I had no more feeling towards them.

Having said that, your right, I do watch it every week. Im still entertained by it, and I don't watch a lot of TV, so it does capture my attention. I just wish it could have somewhat kept the simplicity of the first few seasons, rather than all this time travel multi universe bs

I wont stop watching lost just because I think it should have panned out a different way. Shit, put me in the writers chair, and that show would be destroyed beyond help. But I think they could have done better

Adn I remember back in the day when the 2nd season was out. I was saying I hope they make a shitload of seasons for the show. I guess its partly people like me whose fault it is
    test
  5. reznick

reznick New Member

yea but if he could say an L at that point, he could also say an L at the other part of the word.

But dont let that stop you from posting. You bring smiles to faces
    test
  6. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

no way.. that was one of the illest "OH SHIT" moments yet.. it was the first flash forward..
    test
  7. reznick

reznick New Member

okay yea i admit that actual episode was cool

but when they indulged in it the next season I think it was, it was pie as fuck. his reasons for wanting to go back. The fact that they even thought about going back is crazy.

The show makes you think that they are on the island for years, when its only like 3 months.
    test
  8. reznick

reznick New Member

by the way flash forward is dope

i got to the tenth episode. The first episode was fuckin crack.

Having said that I dont want to see this show go more than 2 seasons tops.
    test
  9. Eyerate

ive spent countless hours reading lostpedia.wikia my dude.. i know all about alvar hanso and all the other bullshit they NEVER BROUGHT TO LIGHT in the actual show.. i think thats partially where my frustration comes from.. they create all this shit with mr paik and alvar hanso and all of this other cannon that was super interesting and had crazy angles and then they decide to dumb it down into a good vs evil bullshit allegory in the end. its so wack to me.

and as far as "OMG it was the same back then as it is now!!! you fags!!!" listen, no it isnt.. back then there was mystery and intrigue. there was the "WTF? POLAR BEARS?!" shock value.. now its just a point of "lol wait, he died and then came back and hes evil now? hah. brilliant." the show WAS rooted in reality for the first few seasons. thats why the deviations from what we understand to be reality were such jaw-dropping moments. it lost its shit when time travel became accepted. this was NOT a sci-fi show from the jump. this was a survival/suspense/mystery show. now its just a sci-fi/religion circle jerk of bullshit. the most telling part of it losing its human component is that there is literally NOTHING going on with kate/sawyer/jack.. that shit was a MAJOR sideplot and one of the only long running relationship components aside from sun/jin and hurleys short trist with libbey. i dont count the whole sawyer/juliet thing, because that always seemed fake as fuck. probably due to poor writing.

sure, it kills an hour.. but it doesnt entertain in the way it did when it was still good. its more like "omg lol i hope lapidus has good one liners this episode." if you dont see where this show has lost its luster, then i think the problem is YOU arent smart enough to want more than an hour of things going boom and obvious logical perversions to be entertained.

bomb blows a 4ft diameter hole in the side of a sub, but they get 5 minutes to fuck off inside and they swim out with personal O2 bottles while lugging dead weight.. riiiiiiiiiiiight.
    test
  10. Eyerate

i dont think it will.. its based off a novel, which i havent read on purpose, and thus far i think its absolutely FIRE. wait till you catch up, right now shit is getting CRAZY. some of the plot twists are absolutely incredible.
    test
  11. reznick

reznick New Member

dayuuuuuuum!

if that isnt the truth....
    test
  12. RegularJoe

"Backgammon is the oldest game in the world. Archeologists found sets when they excavated the ruins of ancient Mesopotamia. 5000 years old. That's older than Jesus Christ."

"Did they have dice and stuff?"

"... but there's weren't made of plastic, their dice were made of bone."

"Cool."

"Two players. Two sides. One is light. One is dark."
    - Season One, Episode One
    test
  13. Fortune Tella89

Fortune Tella89 New Member

The Wire > This Show

That is all.
    test
  14. RegularJoe

If only we could go back to the good ol' days with those realistic human components ... like Said and Shannon falling in love over their translation of a crazy French woman's maps ...
    test
  15. Eyerate

actually, sayid and shannon was legit as fuck too... and when it led to boones death indirectly..

you jest, but you actually just further cement my point.
    test
  16. RegularJoe

Legit as fuck? The former Iraqi torturer who just sold out his best friend and watched him murder himself for the SOLE purpose of being reunited with his long lost lover just went ahead and fell in love with the leggy blonde who fucks her own half brother for fun within, say, a week of being on this island together? Sounds legit to me. And you want to talk about terrible writing and forced dialogue ... my god those scenes were awful.

Now, I've never gone on websites or done any research on the show or attempted to understand the easter eggs or complexities they've built in. I've watched since the first season and been thoroughly entertained throughout. I've taken the show at face value, never said it was unbelievable or terrible, just a well thought out interesting examination of free will and determinism based in a well structured time frame split narrative. And now, six years later, I'm still watching the show and enjoying it for what it is, and you're still watching the show, pissed off at what it could have been and what it once was.

So which one of us is the stupid one?
    test
  17. Eyerate

what are you even talking about? so instead of addressing that the kate/jack/sawyer shit just died on the vine in place of this allegorical nonsense, you bring up a lesser relationship you didnt like? heres an idea.. instead of bringing up shit you thought you was cringeworthy, address the IMPORTANT part of my post.. you know, the one where i shit on your whole "this has always been a sci-fi show guys" nonsense.

P.S. yer lookin pie as fuck right now doggie.
    test
  18. Sleazy-E

Sleazy-E amsterdam!

lost sucked from the start.

I saw the first episode and thought it was cool, then after the next 2 or so i realized it fucking sucks because it's just like a soap.
    test
  19. Eyerate

so you dont enjoy complex human interactions? you just want to watch shit blow up?

whatever floats your boat my dude. a show without a human component is garbage to me, but to each his own.
    test
  20. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

It's meant to be that way mayne, that's media convergence
    They want you to use all kinds of media to capture the whole story
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.