OT: king of the kong

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Eyerate, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

any of you guys seen this? its streaming on netflix now and its on youtube.. pretty weird shit seeing how hype these old guys get over videogames. i just checked it out because some plastic surgeon from NY named hank chien just shit on billy mitchell on march 8th. after seeing this doc, that news made me pretty happy. the "theres a killscreen coming up if your interested" guy is hilariously awkward also.

heres part 1 on YT, the others will come up under "related videos"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQZ9wXO8RVs
    [youtube]iQZ9wXO8RVs[/youtube]
    test
  2. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

yeah i seen it when it came out. really good doc. that billy mitchell is a hella cornball. & that nigga who was tryin to throw dude off his game with the "theres a killscreen coming up" shit shouldve got knocked out.
    test
  3. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

man the guy in the doom 3 shirt made me laugh
    test
  4. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

word. it was all this weird on the sneak phonecall bullshit goin on... and why dude dipped from the table like "oh no billy we didnt invite that dude blah blah blah" and he meets homie out back.. i mean i really didnt understand what the fuck was going on. grown ass men forming cliques and acting like children over some video game beef. why wouldnt you just show up at the spot, shake hands with the dude and be happy somebody gives a fuck about your tired ass donkey kong record? then you get some chinese plastic surgeon who sees the documentary and plays passively for a year and fucks your shit up anyway :funny:
    test
  5. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

As much as everyone villainizes Mitchell, Brian Kuh is the real villain. Dude is a real life HENCHMAN. That dude Billy Mitchell has a fucking HENCHMAN. I don't like either dudes but that doc and the other one about Mr Awesome and Mitchell and Crew was good too (Chasing Ghosts).

As good as that doc is, it kinda takes a lot of the air out of it when you find out the whole time Steve Wiebe actually HAD the record and he wasn't trying to beat Billy's record from 88, he was just trying to beat his own certified record but in public.

Also that video that Mitchell sent in was actually denied 2 weeks later by that dude with the 200,000 dollar Manga collection. (In Chasing Ghosts they go in depth about that guy and he has a huge Manga collection that he actually buys from the Japanese artists completely custom, 1 of a kind drawings. he frames them and keeps them all in his mother's basement with his Twin Galaxy tapes... Where he also lives, at 36, yeah.)

HOWEVER, 2 years later, a week after the movie came out, Billy Mitchell broke Wiebe's record in public. Which was a pretty big deal (although he got to study wiebe's video) Since then its kinda been back and forth but just last week a Chinese-American broke BOTH thier records and is the current record holder which is pretty laughable.

haha sorry for my wikipedian knowledge on the subject but there was a long thread on SA about it last week that got me up to speed.

Good movie though, good post, worth the view definitely
    test
  6. ville2ville

Asperger's Syndrome.
    test
  7. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

apparently billy mitchell isnt really that bad they just amped him up for the movie you know. dramatic effect. hes still probably a douche tho. great fucking movie
    test
  8. ville2ville

Maple, i've seen that mentioned by a couple people recently. Where does that theory come from? Do you remember where you read that or whatever?

Because, while there are definitely some editing tricks in Kong, most of the shit he does is super douche made. When he is asking the camera guy what he thinks is his high score tag? (Look at me... U-S-A *wears a tie with an eagle on it*)

And Wiebe and the directors of both Chasing Ghosts and Kong have mentioned that they COULD have taken it much further but ended up leaving a lot of the bitch-made stuff he did on the cutting room floor so as not to overshadow the other characters (in ghosts) and to take away from the hero story in Kong.

I have never seen anything on record from anyone outside of Mitchell's circle say anything good. Even fucking Mitchell himself still says "I haven;t seen the movie" if that's not the smuggest thing i've ever seen I don't know what is.

A camera follows you around for over 6 months and you try to tell us you didn't watch it? Come on son!

LMAO at the scene where Mitchell asks to talk to the one guy in the cabin and Kuh is like, "Well he's got a mean game of Lady Bug goin right now, I don't think we should disturb him, I think he's got something going here"
    test
  9. mapleleaf

Which one is Kuh?
    test
  10. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Yeah this was a great movie. It's almost surreal that the people in the documentary are really like that. Truth is stranger than fiction.
    test
  11. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

lol I was just about to mention that one too. It's even funnier that it's a big dude with a ponytail playing it.
    test
  12. ville2ville

The guy giving the play by play analysis to Mitchell while he's at fun spot. The one who Mitchell tells "You can lose your life, but you better not lose that tape *smug laugh*"

Kuh is the one who when Wiebe gets the kill screen literally cries when he tells the documentary camera that "I geuss he got the first kill screen in funspot history, I always thoought I would.... *cries*"
    test
  13. ville2ville

;)
    test
  14. ville2ville

But seriously, everyone should watch that movie if you dont quite understand what asperger's is.

Im not even kidding that if they renamed it Asperger's Syndrome: The King of Kong, it would be down right perfect. Mitchell and Co. are the aspies and Wiebe could be shown as how they interact with other humans. Even he just ain't right.

I'm serious, everytime someone who doesn't frequent the aspie capitals of the world ( 4chan, SA, OT) asks me just what it is, I point them directly to King of Kong. Its a goddamn Discovery Channel Case Study on it
    test
  15. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

I never realized that but it makes a lot of sense. Some of these people don't quite seem normal.
    test
  16. mapleleaf

haha yea this makes me want to watch it again
    test
  17. ville2ville

Yeah, my friend's brother is autistic and was diagnosed as having asperger's syndrome when I was a senior in highschool. Dude LOVED cutting grass. All he did all day was like clean his mower and mow people's yards for free. He was like the rain man of mowing lawns. He knew every kind of grass and every model of both riding and pushing lawn mower. I'm dead serious, dude knew EVERYTHING. But when it came to absolutely anything else, he was rude, ignorant, and didn't give one fuck about it. Whether it be school or friends or even gardening. Dude's life was literally grass and grass accessories.

He was mean as fuck to his brother and his mom and anytime he saw me (he was like 17 I think) he would call me a nigger lover and all types of shit. He couldn't go to school or anything, shit was devastating to his mother.

Anyways, a couple years back I checked up on him, and he had got a riding lawn mower and was employed by nearly everyone in the town he lives in. He just rides his mower around town (this is a pretty big town too with a mall and lots of stuff around) to his jobs. He doesn't do anything else and he doesn't BUY anything except stuff for his job, and he has the most expensive model of riding mower. His brother said he has close to $125,000 in the bank that he's just been accumulating since he was 17 that he barely ever touches.

Shit was weird man, and thats basically the leading symptom of aspies, acute knowledge and interest of one or two things and complete disregard for anything else. Absolutely no social skills

BTW- Aspies LOOK normal as hell. Not like their autistic brother (aspergers was recently changed from being its own disease to being a kind of autism). If you didn't know or talk to him, you'd think he was completely normal until you talk to him and he cusses you out or something. The first time I met him, I went up and said hello (it took years for his brother to even allow me to come near his house) and he looked at my clothes and said "What the fuck are you doing in my house you broke nigger lover, go make a rap cd wigger" or something. I knew what was up so over the next couple months I spent most of my time tlking him up about Grass and Mowers and he eventually opened up, but thats seriously all we could talk about or he'd freak out and get mad.
    test
  18. ville2ville

Which brings me back to Kong. None of these guys have any social skills whatsoever, even Wiebe. Yeah you could say they are just nerds and closeted, but if you pay attention to the way they interact with eachother, you can tell they don't have great friendships or anything, they just sperg out together. They all just fucking LOVE a couple really old games, and spend all their time, money, and resources playing them. That one guy had the record for most points scored ONLY USING YOUR FEET. I mean come on, how does one even set their mind to getting that. I think the only one without it is possibly Mitchell (who is completely fucked in some other way) and uses their aspie worship to create his own little band of henchmen.

Maybe if I never had the experience I had with my friend's brother I wouldn't have made the connection, but now that I have, I have to share with you guys to spread it I guess.

Aspie gets thrown around ALOT on message boards around the internet and atleast now some of you have a better perspective of what it means and why its funny to see someone act like that. I mean seriously youll go to some of these sites and see people VEHEMENTLY defending some totally obscure thing and have just loads of encyclopedic knowledge about it, yet don't know how to interact with everyone to get their point across.

Thats how the term 'spergin out' came about. And I guess all of us sperg out every once and while. Ive definitely seen people sperg out on this forum from time to time. I'm no expert by any means but it is crazy.
    test
  19. Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo Well-Known Member

So I just watched the whole thing...all I got is what the fuck
    test
  20. Big Elfa

Big Elfa Katchoo!

"King of Kong" is the shit.

Where might one view "Chasing Ghosts"?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.