OT IM an Alcoholic

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Grimace, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Grimace

The Grimace Jeff Goldblum

hahah fucking choppa

you guys cheered me up, thanks.

Theres definetly a chance i can cut down. dont wanna be a transient homeless person like my dad. its sad to see really. anyways, im gonna get stoned with my brothers bestfriend, my girl, and watch horton hears a who
    test
  2. misterteenwolf

misterteenwolf Well-Known Member

hey its happy hour somewhere. drink up
    test
  3. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

addiction is a bitch
    test
  4. Kurrection

Kurrection AKA Tooz Da Gawd

Try just having three beers and see if you can stop after that and not have any urges to keep going.
    test
  5. doesnteatmuch

doesnteatmuch New Member

i can't remember enough about my day to day life to know if i'm an alcoholic or not.
    test
  6. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

wasted away in margaritaville...
    test
  7. pill grim

pill grim CHRONNIE SPARKO

think of all the money you'd be saving, from one grim to another (nh)
    drink non-alcoholic beer? idk

FIGHT THE URGES.
    test
  8. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

Its kind of shitty tbh, especially if your like me.. and your tolerance is super high so when you do get drunk... you didn't see it coming... just ween your self off if for a while.. instead of the usual you drink.. just drink two or three less.. every day... and see how that works.
    test
  9. Shapey Fiend

Shapey Fiend New Member

That's an awful lot to be drinking on a regular basis. Not going to do your body any good. I drank most days for about 6 months and when I stopped I felt like death for a month. Even cutting it back to the weekend isn't going to be fun after drinking that much on the regular. I can't imagine how you afford it either.

You might as well try and stop, or keep it to two days a week with friends. Drinking is fun so it'd be a shame to have to quit outright. Just take up some sports or something to keep you occupied weekday evenings. If your not hanging around with drinkers/smokers then you don't drink and smoke as much.
    test
  10. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

I don't drink everyday, but I party about 4 days a week now in the summer and I do have a bit of trouble slowing down once I start shit, probably around 3 liters or so of beer before going out and then some shots/more beers/wine/drinks until the club closes up.
    test
  11. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

lmao @ "its okay to drink a 12 pack a day and a couple shots after work"

okay there buddy
    test
  12. phillyfire

phillyfire New Member

ahahhahahaa
    test
  13. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

believe me i feel you bruh.

i started drinking ALOT when i lost a really good job a couple years ago due to a slow economy. i had some money saved + unemployment (which was good) and thought it was a vacation and just kicked it all the time. i was never doing really badly, but i felt guilty as hell whenever i was sober. i never hurt anyone, or was a mean drunk, i just wasnt meeting my personal standards of behavior. however, when i was partying, of course, you dont care about that shit.

i decided to make a career change and and finish college and that helped limit my time to party.
    today, i still drink alot. like maybe 2, 3 - 4 nights out the week. summer semester just ended for me, so i'll probably be on it a little more for the next couple weeks. but i look at it like, i've got no kids, my g/f is beautiful and loving, and my responsibilities are in order, and so i dont really feel guilty anymore.

everyone is different though. my best friend's alcoholism lost him his wife, his home, his car, and just pretty much ruined him. he hasnt had a drink in about a year and a half and is good now, but he's not much fun.

i say that to say, what works for one person might not work for you. to thy own self be true. everyone's got to find their own way. AA would definitly not work for a guy like me, but its good for some people. good luck to you man.
    test
  14. TrUbZzZ

TrUbZzZ I Know JewJitsu

Get addicted to something else
    test
  15. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

this too.

my dad was addicted to alcohol, got sick relatively early in life, and became addicted to being healthy.

eats healthy, goes to the gym regularly, rides his bike to work, etc...
    test
  16. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Smoke more weed.

Problem solved.
    test
  17. shutupngoaway

shutupngoaway New Member

1) alcohol is the gateway drug

2) when your drunk as fuck and do a line it makes you feel way better LOL

3) i hate drugs and alcohol
    test
  18. Shelltoe

Shelltoe album full of felony raps

i used to drink all the time when i went to college in a small town

then my homie who i drank more than had liver failure and had his finger and toe nails fall off

then beer started to not taste good anymore and i felt not right on the inside

then i stopped drinking for 9 months or so (it became a lifestyle change more than anything else, didn't really 'miss' drinking)

now i get shitfaced once in awhile, sip beer after work sometimes, drink gin on stage, and randomly go weeks at a time without drinking. working out and eating better helped me a lot. same with quitting cigarettes.

if you really feel like you need some help and aren't the AA type, look at support groups that are non religious based (unless that's really your thing). AA was founded by 2 regular guys that have no background in health or psychology. now while i've never participated in AA, i know about what they do. if you're not comfortable telling a bunch of random strangers in person that you're an addict, there are other types of support groups that don't rely on religion or referring to yourself as an addict all the time.

i just dealt with shit on my own. drinking all the time felt pretty damn good, but i got over it and moved on. changing other things in my life helped too i'm sure.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.