OT: I need some help on some real shit

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by GraphicNature, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraphicNature

GraphicNature Well-Known Member

This upcoming monday I am to appear before a judge for what Ive read up online is considered a serious offense, Im being slapped with Careless driving, leaving the scene of an accident, and failure to report an accident......Ive only been given 3 days to prepare for my court case, and I couldnt secure a valued lawyer in enough time....Ive been looking for solid statements online on my charges, but nothing is giving me concrete evidence on what to expect monday morning, if anyone could help me on this matter it would be much appreciated.....and to any of the trolls who's gonna knock me, and give bullshit responses, kudo's to you, but I dont have any fight in me at the moment to argue, so take your W's and keep moving.....
    test
  2. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

everybody has problems bitch man up
    test
  3. yeee408

yeee408 Punching bag

Your best bet is to be as nice and respectable as you can.
    Talk about the changes you were going through and and still are in life and how that experience has helped change you for the better.
    test
  4. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

[youtube]nxvycawzYAg[/youtube]
    test
  5. GraphicNature

You really are a troll, Ive been locked up 5 times you moron, this shit isn't about manning up, its about adivse on what I should do/say......but an answer coming from someone like you, who has never seen bars outside of the candy world, of course that video is your answers......your so street Heeds.....
    test
  6. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

wow, candy...bars? thats hella creative

you dont have to be in jail to be street, you jsut have to not be dumb and not get cought by the police...

but who am i talking to? i mean shit your so G you failed to report a fender bender..

anyways, i like how you skip past antichrists post and attack me..

proved i am a good troll

anyways i thought you didnt have the energy? i was taking the free W
    test
  7. yeee408

yeee408 Punching bag

That song is TRASH!
    I used to leightweight fuck wit Lock in like 03/04
    test
  8. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

also, i only posted it cause you always talk shit to my on the boards

my advice would be next time dont leave the scene of the accident or whatever..

peace

/sifu
    test
  9. GraphicNature

Peep my last quoted post to you before this thread and say the same shit that all I do is talk shit to you.......go ahead, Ill wait here.......
    test
  10. XpOeT

XpOeT no title needed

was the owner of the other car present or was it a parked car? how long after the accident was it reported? how long did it take for the cops to find you?
    test
  11. GraphicNature

I didnt hit the persons car, they had a little brick fixture, with a light on top of it that I hit, it blew out my tire, which cause me to lose control of my car, and smash into the curb doing 50, I drove a block down and pulled over to check out the damage, and thats when the cop pulled up and slapped me with the leaving the scene, careless driving, and failure to report bullshit, all I was trynna do was pull over off the main road
    test
  12. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

Your worst charge is Leaving the Scene, I believe.

Here's how your process will go:

First Appearance: arraignment--they'll tell you about the charges.

Second Appearance: Your attorney or P.D. will appear and let the judge know he/she is on the case, and it will get post-poned while they have time to research. If you haven't found one, let the judge know "Your honour, I haven't had sufficient time to find private representation, and would like to post-pone my case for another two-weeks in order to do so."

Depending on the severity of your case and whether you get a private attorney or public defender, you may have any where from one to SEVERAL post-poned court-dates here while evidence is revealed, you receive your discovery and various talks go on between your attorney and prosecution.

Now, if you're charged with felonies, you'll have a Preliminary Hearing, in which the municipal court will have to prove that you may have commited a crime (not 100%, but a possibility). If they prove this, you'll be raised to a circuit court level, where you will either have your charges dropped, plea out or go to judge or jury trials.
    test
  13. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

what thread?
    test
  14. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

My advice is this, if you're telling 100% the truth, and not bein a bitch and leaving out something crucial like "Oh, and I was drunk, too"

If that is 100% the story, you're looking at:
    1) Be HONEST. If you lie, the judge will take it personal that you basically jsut pissed on his authority and made a mockery of his court.
    2) Make it clear that you don't want to waste their time. That's why if you go to trial, you'll get maximum penalties--you've cost them time and money to prosecute you. You've just pissed them off.

If you do those, a decent lawyer is going to get the failure to report OR the Leaving the Scene charge droppeed. Preferably both will be dropped, but most likely only the failure to report, since it's a lesser charge and they'll want to stick you with the bigger of the charges. The careless driving you're likely stuck with because it's a good chance carelessness is what caused your wreck.

NOTE:
    I'd need to know your state, but in Missouri, Leaving the Scene of an Accident is a Class D Felony. You're looking at nothing more than probation, with the possible exception of a 120-day shock incarceration in state prison with your past record being spotty.
    test
  15. GraphicNature

The grizzlemania one where I said Id get my Mosh Jelton on
    test
  16. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

oh

okay.

sorry, im a dick :(
    test
  17. GraphicNature

No DUI here man......I had every test performed on me, from the touch your nose, to the stand on one foot, to the SAY YOUR ABC's, and if you sung it, you got popped, this thread is serious.....I fucked up but not DUI fucked up.....I just had little time to prepare for court, and wanted some advise
    test
  18. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

If that's the case, then every judge in his right mind (who doesn't want the possibility of getting his decision over-turned later, and turned into a joke for having that happen), will show leniency and extend it to you.

Not only that, but the fact is that representation is a constitutional right that they CANNOT deny you. Now, like I said in point 2, don't be an ass about it and stretch it out repeatedly looking for an attorney, that'll aggravate the P.A. and the judge. But yea, if you go in there and tell them you're trying ot pursue private representation and would like a couple weeks (probably even a month, as is the norm here) to confer with an attorney and have him look over your case, then they'll extend it to you with no hesitation.

If you can't find one between then and your following court-date, let them know that you've been unable to find an attorney that you can afford (even if you could, make it a cost issue, that'll look better in the courts eyes), and that you'd like the court to appoint you representation.
    test
  19. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

i got a sobriety test once at school when i was sober... fucking assholes were like 'were not stupid, we can smell it on you'

i was like NINJA thats my high powered cologne
    test
  20. GraphicNature

Good shit man.....****finatley helpful......thanks
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.