OT: How is Shaq gonna guard D. Howard when he can't even stop Noah?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Joe Phrantana, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

my bad, young wasn't the right word...i meant more of less...just starting out in terms of building their team. they've just started to become a force in the past 3 years. i didn't mean the players were young or anything. my bad on that. but still...they have a couple years left before they start to become the top team in the east. they have a good all round team...but thats not always enough.
    test
  2. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

the lakers lazy and suck

the jzz have a soft ass center but hed be checking bynum lol bynum would be non existent

doesnt matter anyways lakers out first round man
    test
  3. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

Im just saying man IF Kevin Durant goes lights out and takes The Kevin Durants to to the finals who the fuck wants to see them niggas get swept lol he might as well lose in the second round and be able to brag how he beat the lakers
    test
  4. Jep 7:30

Jep 7:30 New Member

I'm pretty sure we split the regular season with the Magic and if they got one more over us it was when Bron was sittin out and the game was still very close. Jemeer is the only threat I see, and if Mo can't handle him then he will trade buckets with Delonte. Shaq ain't fuckin around wit Howard, he focused and wants to prove who the real superman is. What is a Lewis to Jamison? or a Moon? The Magic may be deep but we are DEEP. We have champions on the Cavs, not to mention the best player in the league.

Shaq is still getting his rhythm back..remeber he just came back for game 1 of this first round. Stop soundin like a hater my nigga.
    test
  5. D.Blacksmith

D.Blacksmith Free

As much as I'd like to see Lebron get shot in the face, I gotta say that halfcourt buzzerbeater was amazing.

Lakers can and WILL not lose to the Thunder. You people are forgetting that Lakers went 7 games with Houston in round one last year. Homecourt advantage will be the saving grace and the staple center crowd is gonna bring this team back in it.

Lakers will beat the Jazz, I have no clue what yall talkin about. I'd say in 5-6 games.

With that said, if LA stops playing like complete trash and actually learns to balance their offensive rhythm then the above scenarios will happen. Kobe can not take 40 something shots and not feed the ball to gasol/bynum and also kobe can not sit there and feed the ball to gasol/bynum and not score. He's gotta be a better leader and balance his scoring and assists because Thunder is ready to run a train on this squad. Also Odom needs to stop being a pussy and actually drive to the basket. Replace Fisher's starting position with Farmar or Brown (they can actually keep up with thunder's speed) and slap some fucking sense into Artest cuz this nigga is making the Ariza trade look salty as fuck.
    test
  6. Jamaro85

Jamaro85 Space Cowboy

LOL @ Jazz winning it all, let alone getting to the Finals. Jokes.
    test
  7. C Murph

C Murph New Member

Ariza/Artest wasnt a trade. They both were free agents and just so happened to sign with the others former team.

It really didn't work out for either, yet...
    test
  8. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

la is a lazy fucking team and if teh thunder win tonight its game over
    test
  9. D.Blacksmith

D.Blacksmith Free

first of all, I need to correct myself because Lakers went 4-1 against the jazz in ROUND 1 OF THE 2009 PLAYOFFS. They went seven games with Houston in round 2. Don't know how I switched that around.

I agree with this to an extent. LA is a team that has a switch to actually turn shit up. It's up to them to flip it.

However the factors of this season for them has really made a difference in a negative way. I don't believe its all laziness.. its moreso:

-bad injuries (kobe with a broken finger/sprained knee/bad back, bynum with the achilles fracture/ gasol also, hell even sasha who was beginning to find rhythm in the last 4 games before fucking his ankle up). I don't care what anyone says, as much as I hate sasha, I was looking forward to him brining some effort off the bench and capitlizing on his game. He's been stepping it up lately.

-artest swap in for ariza.. Bad move and because Ariza wanted more money it ended in a bad swap for LA. Artest is a defensive machine but lacks any type of offensive game. Dude is like in the low 30's to high 20's for 3 point shooting. As aggressive as he is defending, you'd think he'd be even more aggressive in getting to the basket. Ariza was a good offensive machine getting at least 15-21 points a game and was actually a good lock down defender. Having that additional 15-21 points from a starter would have been such a great look for LA. Unfortunately, artest still has not proved his worth to the team and though he's done a good job on guarding durant, he isn't making any sort of use on the other side of the court.

-the pressure of defending a championship.. you have every team in the league gunning for your position. Especially Cleavland. Everyone wants to prove that LA's win last year was a fluke. Of course you'd think that with this type of pressure, LA would step up to the challenge, but they are buckling under the own standards they've set. They knew they'd be in the playoffs so the second half of the season was on a nightmarish cruise control. They expect to just win the western confrence finals despite playing poorly in the last half of the season not knowing that everyone else in the west has been making trades and improving their own team capabilities in search of taking them out.

Will LA win this year? Probably not because they have not found a drive to win. However if they can channel whatever it was that made them go on an 11 game win streak back in November, Cleavland and the rest of the playoff teams will have a tough time beating the defending champs.

As for now: fuck the lakers, they're my team but those niggas is making me embarrassed to be from LA.
    test
  10. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Thanks Hubie
    test
  11. Jep 7:30

stop saying little hater shit like this, my nigga, it make you look like a fag.
    test
  12. Tiger Ty Fan

Tiger Ty Fan Tiger Circle Blackbelt

I'm rooting for Suns (because Amare's finally healthy) or Nuggets/Thunder to at least reach the finals. From the East I want Hawks, Cavs or Magic to reach the finals.
    test
  13. D.Blacksmith

D.Blacksmith Free

fuck outta here Jep lol, you was goin in on Kobe last time we talked about NBA on tinychat, frontin ass don't act like you wasnt.
    test
  14. TheOmega

But lebron doesn't rape white women
    test
  15. D.Blacksmith

D.Blacksmith Free

It wasn't rape, Kobe just hit it too hard =[
    test
  16. TheOmega

Rape is like masturbation. you don't just do it once.
    test
  17. Jep 7:30

I never wished ill will on Kobe. I don't think he raped. Bron better.
    test
  18. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

wtf at you including rashard bitchass lewis as part of the frontline? hes 6'10 and cant even drive to the basket. in the series vs the bobcats he was on a breakway and instead of going for a dunk he went for a layup and got his shit blocked against the board or fouled i cant remeber. HES 6 FUCKIN 10. hes a waste of a player. and certainly doesnt deserve the 120 million contract he got. bet u they cant wait till hes off the books.
    test
  19. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

going up to a athletes room at midnight alone "to talk" you naive as fuck and put yourself in that situation. u deserve whatever u get (i only half mean that. everyone should have a right to say no but come on)
    test
  20. D.Blacksmith

D.Blacksmith Free

Thats exactly what I'm saying. Ok Kobe was in the wrong for forcing her but its not like that bitch went up there to discuss triangle offense. She wanted to fuck. The only thing Kobe did wrong was ask to bust a nut on her face, who the fuck does that? You don't just ask someone while you fuckin, just do it anyways.

Besides, she was at a party the following week bragging how she got piped by dude.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.