OT: How is Shaq gonna guard D. Howard when he can't even stop Noah?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Joe Phrantana, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minkaveli

Minkaveli VoKab

I was just saying that to one of my friends yesterday. Mavs always have a great regular season and disappear come playoff time. The Eastern Conference first round is borderline unwatchable.
    test
  2. Joe Phrantana

Joe Phrantana 51toooooooooo!!

I understand the Jazz are playing well right now, put let's keep it in perspective:

They're playing a team that's notoriously unfocused and that's without their head coach.
    Give the Jazz credit, but CJ Miles and Fesenko aren't gonna get you to the finals.

At some point they're gonna need Okur and Kirilenko to be competitive in the west.

The Lakers will beat the thunder, but the thunder are gonna be a problem for at least the next 2-3 seasons. At least.

I don't ever remember Anwtan Jamison being regarded as nothing more than an average defender.

He can't guard Rashard Lewis, there's just no way. They didn't bring him in there to play d.

I still say Lakers v Hawks in the finals.
    test
  3. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

wow the hawks really?
    i'm gonna say jazz/lakers vs. magic.
    test
  4. littlebrother

littlebrother New Member

DELONTE WEST, they went to St Joseph"s I believe for 4 years together. Delonte knows Jameers game better than anyone. They probably guarded each other in practice everyday.

Dwight will get his. They got shaq to D up on Dwight but the Cavs got killed on the Pic and Roll and weren't able to defend it last year with all of Orlandos shooters. Varejao is their Best defender in the pick & roll. So when he's in the game I am giving Dwight the ball down low. But when shaq & Illgauskas are in the game, I am going to play the pick and roll and expose them
    test
  5. Joe Phrantana

Here's why I say the Hawks.

They're a team.

The magic are kind of a team, and the cavs are Lebron and a bunch of Mercs.

Mercs don't win you titles. The cavs to me are just moving laterally.

They're not really developing a team, as much as they're just trying to win a title so they can keep Lebron.

But they change the roster every year and the result is always the same, I don't see them getting back to the finals. Eventually, just like last year, Lebron is gonna slow down just a lil bit. And when he does, I don't see anybody that can step up and make plays.

The Magic should not have got Vince Carter. He's a liability, and he won't be able to provide the clutch shooting that Hedo did.

Jameer's playing at a high level, but I think that has more to do with Raymond Felton guarding him.

I just think the Hawks have the most complete team, they have a guy that can score at every position, they don't have a deep bench , but their guys off the bench are talented, they play d, and they're tough to beat at home.
    test
  6. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

The Cavs are a completley different playoff team this year.
    test
  7. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

Well, i kinda disagree and agree about Vince. yes, history has shown us he's unreliable...but he has been KILLING shit since he got to orlando. like on some old-old vince shit. and he hasn't seemed to lose steam yet. i think it's too early to say he's not gonna deliver...lets wait til next round before we make that judgement.

The Hawks are like the Thunder to me. Still young and still a great team to grown on. In 2-3 years i can see them being the power house of the East. Not this year tho. Imo, the celts have the most complete team. And they havent made too many big trades that have changed their core team from the championship team they were, they're just getting older...however...they are all in good health right now and playing good. Wouldn't surprise me if the beat the cavs.
    test
  8. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

because they're beating chicago 3-1?? i think it's too early to say that. they're team has not changed dramatically. altho...shaq has this sorta rep for being a lucky troll doll for a team
    test
  9. TheOmega

Varejo is a completley different player they also have Hickson who has improved dramtically, and Jamison which niggas are sleeping on. Moe hasn't cone cold yet, and west has been reliable. Its not JUST lebron this year its his team. that's the difference.
    test
  10. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

eh, we'll see. I'm a huge lebron james fan. dude is easily the best player in the league. but he needs a team based on role players and right now i just dont think he has that. and i'd like to mention...the playoffs are completely different from regular season.

this is where we see the teams that actually show up.
    test
  11. Minkaveli

Minkaveli VoKab

Hawks need a big man. Horford is nice but they don't have anyone to stop any premier big men in the league. Also, the series vs Milwaukee would be a lot different if Bogut was playing. They must win tonight to make me believe they would have a shot against Orlando.
    test
  12. Joe Phrantana

Vince Carter's never delivered, like ever. I'll believe it when I see it.

As far the Hawks:

Mike Bibby's a 12 year veteran.
    Joe Johnson's a 9 year veteran
    Pachulia's a 7 year veteran.
    Jamal Crawford's a 10 year veteran
    Moe Evans is a 9 year veteran
    Josh Smith's a 6 year vet

I think they only have one rookie on the roster(Jeff Teague), so I'm not sure what you mean by a young team.

I think the youngest guy on the roster besides Jeff Teague is Al horford. And Horford's been in the league 3 years.

I see a team chock full of veterans.
    test
  13. C Murph

C Murph New Member

My interest for the NBA wanes year after year, and Im a huge basketball fan. Its just hard to watch games when there are different rules for different players. Kobe and LeBron get a whistle anytime they miss a shot, it seems.
    Nowitski can throw constant temper tantrums at refs and never get a second tech. Pau Gasol sets moving screens EVERY play, but they blow whistles on Kristic for the same thing at the other end?

shit doesnt add up. I miss ball of the 90's
    test
  14. Minkaveli

Minkaveli VoKab

I think what Omega meant was that they don't have a lot of playoff experience. This is Crawford's 10th year in the league but his first trip to the playoffs. Bibby and Johnson have played in some pretty good playoff games but they can use all the experience they can get. No one on that team has a ring yet.
    test
  15. Joe Phrantana

I was talking to Blaze.
    test
  16. TheOmega

The THign with the Hawks is they ARE gonna Lose Johnson next year, so they need to go as deep as they can this year ( pause)
    test
  17. Joe Phrantana

It was the same way in the 90's. You prolly just didn't realize it because ( I'm assuming) you were a kid and just into watching the game.

MJ/Barkely/Malone/Pippen/Olajuwon got all kinds of calls
    test
  18. C Murph

C Murph New Member

hmm, maybe. never thought of that. but the game was more physical and there were less ticky tack, pussyboy fouls being called. Back then, Najeras play last night on Ginobli would have just been a regular foul
    test
  19. TheOmega

MJ is the greatest to ever touch the court. With that said he got ALOT of fucking calls
    test
  20. masta_blasta

masta_blasta Member

The Thunder did a number on the Lakers Saturday night. Whoever wins Game 5 wins the series.

I chuckled when somebody mentioned that the Hawks would make it to the Finals. They lost Game 3 to the Bucks by 18 points without Bogut so good luck in Orlando.

The Nuggets are so disappointing. I knew deep down they didn't have the heart to get through the Jazz but they've been getting worked over in a big way.

I feel bad for Wade. The rest of the Heat are straight booty at the moment. Beasley and O'Neal need to step the fuck up. Celtics Vs Cavaliers should be great.

Would y'all rather see Spurs Vs Trail Blazers or Spurs Vs Suns? Duncan Vs Stoudemire would be dope but I wouldn't mind seeing Duncan Vs Aldridge.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.