OT: How is Shaq gonna guard D. Howard when he can't even stop Noah?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Joe Phrantana, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Phrantana

Joe Phrantana 51toooooooooo!!

Ok so, the cavs brought in Shaq to stop or slow down Howard when/if the Cavs play the magic.

But Shaq's been less than effective in the paint on offense, and he's giving up a double double to Joakim Noah.

They're being out-rebounded in the series, and their big men are getting absolutely slaughtered by Noah in the low post.

So are we supposed to believe that this Cavs front line who's slower and older than they were last year, will be able to stop Howard, Lewis, and Gortat?

Me no think so.....

And I don't wanna hear shit about presence either.
    test
  2. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

They Didn't Bring IN Shaq to To Stop Howard. Shaq Came in to get his last ring before he's gone for good.

And Honestly With the way they've been calling fouls on D.H. I wouldn't even say it matters.
    test
  3. Maytrikz

Maytrikz Genuine Person Time

I dunno, but Gortat's got a huge freakin nose though
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

Plus they don't have to stop Howard. They Have to stop Lewis and Carter which is why they got antwan.
    test
  5. ThurzOmega

ThurzOmega New Member

Stop Carter..with Jamison? I'm not even gonna discuss basketball on here..
    test
  6. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

they won't have to stop carter ... he'll stop himself, he's fucking half hearted cancer that fucks teams up ... Remember my words, no team with carter on it will see a championship season
    test
  7. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

the question is .........

WHO THE FUCK IS GONNA STOP JAMEER?
    test
  8. infinate1

infinate1 New Member

Lol at the Cavs even caring about stopping Howard. D Howard could put up 30 points 20 boards every game and the cavs would still win easily.
    test
  9. Joe Phrantana

His last ring? Since when is Lebron winning titles?

So you're position is, even though Howard dominated 4 out of 6 games, averaged 26 points and 13 boards, and Lebron himself blessed the trade for that reason, the cavs just brought him in to win a ring?

Just because........

Because the cavs are winning so many titles they can bring guys in to just win rings..........

And here's another question, if they didn't bring him in to stop D. Howard, who's gonna stop him?
    test
  10. Joe Phrantana

I mean, they lost last year didn't they?
    test
  11. Joe Phrantana

Good question, especially if Mo williams disappears again.
    test
  12. D.Blacksmith

D.Blacksmith Free

Howard > Shaq.

Btw of course the Cavs are losing against rebounds, Chicago is the league leader in rebounding.

I hope Orlando finishes the Cavs in the confrences finals just so I can watch Lebron cry again.

But then again Howard gets so many questionable calls that lebron is gonna have a field day wit that nigga.
    test
  13. ICE'ALINO

ICE'ALINO New Member

in basketball its never about stopping the best player, its always about stopping the 2nd and 3rd best player. the best player is gonna get his stats regardless whether its lebron or howard, its about containin williams,jamison,west if you're orlando and containin lewis,nelson,carter, if you're cleveland,....as far as howard vs shaq it all depends on how the refs call it would be the short answer...lol at carter being bad luck,its hard to disagree wit that but the same can be said for jamison, they're both tar heel fuck ups no disrespect to carolina!!
    test
  14. nomlallday

nomlallday New Member

noone can stop rondo, pierce or ray allen... KG is puttin up his average double double... u idiots actually think the cavs / magic can beat boston? mark my words, celtics will be in the nba finals.
    test
  15. illmatiK23

illmatiK23 .gif game proper

Guarding Howard wasn't the bigger issue, it was guarding Turkoglu and Lewis. They needed that athletic big man who could match up to one of those two and they got that in Jamison.
    test
  16. MaDneSstheKing

MaDneSstheKing Critical Madness

Boom.
    test
  17. ThurzOmega

ThurzOmega New Member

Magic got superstars at all 5 positions other than SF, and Pietrus is the only non-star that can frustrate LeBron on defense AND make him work on offense.****us, they have the most complete second unit in the league. The Mavs and Cavaliers are deep..but Orlando LITERALLY has a player they can plug in at EVERY position at any time for any reason without much drop off.

JJ Redick will be a difference maker, and the whole "bust" stigma will finally go away.

I'm a Blazers fan though, I have a hard time thinking we wouldn't be 2nd or 3rd in the West (if not higher) without the injuries to our wingmen. Oden, we can live without..we wouldn't have Camby if he was healthy.

EDIT: WTF was censored..I don't even remember what the word was.
    test
  18. Minkaveli

Minkaveli VoKab

Cleveland will have to get through Boston before they can even think about Orlando. Charlotte has shut down Howard in the series but Nelson, Lewis, Carter and Pietrus have all been hitting three's. Cleveland has more talented defenders at that position so it should make for more competitive basketball.
    test
  19. D.Blacksmith

D.Blacksmith Free

lmao.

These are not the same Orlando and Cleavland from last year.

I hope Boston gets lucky and beats the Cavs so Orlando can run a train on them.

Boston will not be in the finals my dude and if they do and Lakers actually step the fuck up and get it in, they will be fucked.
    test
  20. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

Imo Boston doesnt have a chance against Cavs or Magic.... i honestly think the hawks could beat the Celtics.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.