OT: how do you guys feel about this? interesting issue..

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Eyerate, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

...did you srsly just insinuate that being called a commi and being called a far leftist are separate?

Jeebus, save you.

...oh yeah, Commi's think religion is an opiate.

...continue.

(If you were actually okay with that assessment that by being a far leftist, you identify in some form with communism, then my apologies. But anyone who takes Marx seriously needs to burn slow. Communism is a fairy tale).
    test
  2. paranormalezac

paranormalezac awkward as fuck

My personal views are closer to libertarian communism, but you are a right wing hypocrite so we know you'll just pigeon hole it all the same.
    test
  3. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

this all goes back to the "crash your car" analogy.. its your shit, and your option. should you crash your car, do you expect some organization to provide you a new one? this isnt a "dont be materialistic" argument.. im VERY materialistic. this is a "don't blame others for your own misfortunes, and dont expect others to make up for your mistakes."

then again, thats oversimplifying the situation.. im POSITIVE those men WANTED to put out that fire, but COULDNT because theres a LONG TERM EFFECT here... that of the ripple caused by "giving away the farm" to someone who hasnt paid their share..

if a group pays for bread.. and that bread is delivered to them, but a man walks in and says "i didnt pay, but can i have the bread this one time?".. giving it to that person will create discourse among the paying. at some point those paying will not feel obligated to pay for something others are receiving for free.. then at another point, the baker can no longer afford to bake bread and hand out freebies to everyone, so the bakery closes.

i cant explain it any clearer...
    test
  4. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

I find it too much of a slippery slope analogy but to each their own; especially in a small community setting. And to the point, had they have not let the house burn to the ground, then my guess is this wouldn't be news at all.
    test
  5. Eyerate

you are uneducated on this topic, and a liar..

they saved the neighbors house who had paid the fee by spraying the fenceline.. they would have saved any lives in danger within the home.. this is not about the fire department doing their job or protecting the sanctity of life, they did both perfectly fine.

i also doubt you are in the position you claim, having the views you do.
    test
  6. Eyerate

right.. you've been owning the shit out of yourself this entire thread and you just finished it with a dragon punch to your fourth chin. go eat about it.
    test
  7. paranormalezac

Funniest thing of all, is no matter how bad my personal views came off, whether i made myself look like an idiot or not, at the end of the day this dude is going to get all that shit GIVEN back to him, more than likely BY HIS GOVERNMENT, so fuck your battle my principals will win the war, thank you very much liberal media.
    test
  8. Eyerate

:cry:
    test
  9. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

if you go to the ER they still admit you if you don't have insurance, you just end up paying way more

why didn't this retarded fire department have some policy in place for billing non-subscribers?
    test
  10. paranormalezac

Prove it any different.
    test
  11. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

You guys gon fuck now?
    Let me know so i can bounce.

Ps...surprised at a 19 page eyerate thread and not one tag
    almost unheard of
    test
  12. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

one quick thing....

the slippery slope exists!!

Libertarian Communist??? LMAO that is epic bruv.....

Communism doesnt even WORK IN THEORY....I used to throw that around too "yea it works in theory but in practice" until I started reading some of the communist manifesto myself lol nah, not good even in theory....

PEACE
    test
  13. Krown

Krown New Member

You do realize that in a suburb or city setting, the density of the dwellings would make this a whole other scenario? I dont see this happening in most places, they need to put the shit out immediately. I dont claim to know anything about firefighting, but I wouldnt want it to be a wait and see scenario. Perhaps letting one house burn and saving others is easy in a rural scenario, I dont know.

As for part two, I dont get why Im such a liar. Google image La Jolla, I have a 1 BR/1 BA spot.
    test
  14. paranormalezac

Marxism was only a blueprint, there are many branches of leftist belief.
    test
  15. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

Cats wouldn't know what to do in a communistic state or country today.
    We've been so used to capitalism for so long...

It would be a disaster
    test
  16. paranormalezac

Thats a bold statement considering a true communist state or country never existed.
    test
  17. MattLee

MattLee New Member

i didnt feel like reading every page, so I'm with this ethical answer.
    test
  18. paranormalezac

Ouch, your pride must sting like my quads after a light walk. Eat the truth of the matter, Eyerate, eat it.
    test
  19. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

In communism and 'leftist' idealism its all about the 'society' and the 'states' survival not the individual....individuals dont matter only the idea of 'equalization'.....this is absolutely detrimental....forced equalization is just as bad as forced individualism (capitalism), one destroy individuals in order to protect 'equality' and 'standardization' while the other kills 'community' and 'moral obligation'....you could also say communism is worse coz it also destroys 'moral obligation' as morality means nothing to a state, and morality is an issue for an individual concerned with interacting within a larger group.....

Basically anytime you 'force' people its not gonna work....instead of forcing people we should be educating more so that as our intelligence grows our understanding of WHY its important to be moral grows and hence so does our action....there's no quick fix....and we could discuss for days WHAT we should be educated on lol but thats for another time

PEACE
    test
  20. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

really?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.