OT: Fuck who's the best and slept on, etc. Let's Share our favorite MCs

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by ville2ville, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

We had slept on, We had who da best, and all that.

But lets post our favorite rappers and have a nice friendly discussion about them and get to know eachother and be friends

Juvenile- 400 degrees, Reality Check

Project Pat- Ghetty Green

Young Buck- Straight outta Cashville, most of his pre gunit shit esp with DTAY

UGK- Most if not all of em (especially 90's era shit)

Ball and G- Mostly late 90s stuff

PlAUGHies- That first big CD he had with 100 years and all those on it. Man if that wasn't the best MFDRs. Me and my people banged that for a long time back when I was riding around in 02 LS serving people all day.

Slow Motion Soundz- Headliners Ball, Paper Route, best-of double disc (MUST HAVE FOR ANY CAR WITH A SYSTEM GO GET IT NOW!)

50 Cent- GRODT, the cd with baltimore love thing

Jay-z- A shitload of em, personal favs are reasonable doubt and vol. 2

Three 6- Man a lot of em (im a tn boy) but that summer when The Unbreakables came out was THE SHIT. Made a lot of money that summer and had plenty of carefree sex ( I now have aids tho), I also had a summer love affair with Hydrocodone syrup (7.5/15ml) and Tussion-ex

Young Jeezy- Trap or Motherfucking Die Mixtape was another MFDR cd

Lil Wayne- Dedication 2, Carter 2, Hot Boys (Guerilla Warfare) Got DAMN this fool been around the block.

Pac/Biggie- best-of CDs, especially ones made by fans.

There's more but you get the jist of my taste. I never was big into the guys you hear name dropped in battles as "know your rap history" and I never was big into the Commons and Talibs.

I grew up in the south with systems and drugs and this is just what ive always liked. If it doesn't bang or it ain't super street I just wasn't very interested. Anytime I needed something to get me thinking Id just pop in Jigga or Pac.

Overall I think a pretty good list and does a pretty good job of summing me up based on the artists with the CDs I bumped with them.

I of course listened to a SHITLOAD more and gave pretty much everyone a chance, I was deep into the Ripping game ie RNS and Rage so my external HD would make some of you guys salivate with my archives on it.

Most importantly, if you don't know who Slow Motion Soundz are then motherfucker go find out because they are a conglomerate of Alabama boys who can PRODUCE THE FUCK OUT OF A BEAT (and can rap too!)

DO NOT GO TO YOUTUBE TO FIND OUT ABOUT THEM. I just checked and NONE of their good shit is on there.

If people are really interested I will upload some of my favorite songs, just let me know.

well anyways bros and gals lets be friends and hang out and chill ok

thx well, bye
    test
  2. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

This is gonna Shock a lot of People.

Aesop rock.
    test
  3. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Cosign.

And yeah, Im shocked.

Sage Francis for me.
    test
  4. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

I was recently put on to Deadmau5. Shit was pretty good in a hippie flipping, E'd out and at a club type way

and i think dude got his start on SA of all places
    test
  5. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

Guru, Scarface, Prodigy, Del, and Rakim probably. Something like that.

Edit: Nocans my favorite active rapper.
    test
  6. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

Bun B is My Favorite Rapper Thans Not Nerdy
    test
  7. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

I'm gonna get mad shit about this and it's cool but my top three is probably:

Tonedeff, Atmosphere, and Louis Logic

Eminem, Kanye, Biggie, 2pac, Rakim, Cunninlynguists, Vakill, Army of the Pharaohs/Jedi Mind Tricks

Tons more probably
    test
  8. reznick

reznick New Member

Common - in 94, he released in my opinion the illest album in hip hop. The amount of wordplay embedded in that album was the works of a genius. I dont care what hes doing now, whoever created Resurrection, I respect for life.

Black Thought - The greatest "rapper" of all time. If anyone knows anything about black thought, its that no MC touches him when it comes to timing, rhythm, cadence, breath control. Hes the greatest at spitting raps. If you see him live, you will understand. Hes a robot. A fucking robot.

Kweli - The depth and artistic way in how he talks about certain topics, are in my mind matched by no1. His rhyme schemes are impeccable, and word play is on 10.

Big L - Sickest motherfucker to come from NY in the golden era. People often say Big L invented syllable rhyming. Fuck no. He just perfected it. He raised the bar in how dope rhyme schemes should be structured. Any verse of any track that Big L ever put out is verbal murder, and incredibly witty

Big Pun - wooo one of the illest for sure.

Lauryn Hill - illest female MC ever. One of the illest MCs ever.
    "shot up like al Hajj Malik Shabazz/High class get bypassed while my ass gets harassed"
    pffff

too many to fucking name I would just be goin on and on I cant do this sorry I quit
    test
  9. solon L

solon L that boy

OnlyOne/Sandpeople and its subgroups (especially the fucking subgroups)
    test
  10. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

This too.
    test
  11. WesHyde408

WesHyde408 New Member

yeah Only One is ridiculously nice widit. His battle was just alright to me tho
    test
  12. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

ehhh
    first i'll start off wit a personal favourite who'll be on no1 elses list.

Gemstones - used to be wit Lupe on F n F n had a couple of fireee mixtapes. Testimony of Gemstones get on it if u avent heard it, the realest shit ever, but then became a born again Christian or some shit n left n said he was only gon make gospel songs haha (he's an amazing singer as well) but he sacked tha off n now jus makin music n got a street album out soon. Should b dope.

Jay-Z - fuck what u heard, he makes dope songs.

Lupe Fiasco - ridiculously good at rapping imo, n also pretty deep which i diggg but other people don't understand haha ("Robots n Skateboards n1gga?")

Jay Electronica- the truth forreal. Whatever year he finally gets his shit out is the year he's taking over haha. Nah he is incredibly dope tho.

Nas - fuck what a lot of people seem to think these days, Nas is hip hop. I like every song I hear from him even tho he most of the time has a real shit ear for beats haha. Distant Relatives has been my album of the year so far.

Black Milk - had the album of 2008 wit Tronic, dope producer n can rap pretty sweet as well.

Rakim - i aint need to explain ? tha innovator... tha legend

Kanye - makes dopeee music farreal. i even still bump his 808s n heartbreak
    test
  13. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Best doing it? Lupe Fiasco imo, music wise
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

Tonedeff (probally the best flow ever)
    reks
    slug from atmosphere (stop the hate dudes ill)
    pacewon/young zee (both equally)
    aesop rock
    young bleed (one of the best thug spittaz)
    test
  15. CharroN

CharroN Well-Known Member

Big L
    Eminem
    B.I.G
    Nas
    Guru
    Jadakiss
    AOTP
    Cassidy
    Immortal Technique
    Celph Titled
    Jedi Mind Tricks
    Classified
    test
  16. NiceWithTheCuts

NiceWithTheCuts Digger Extraordinaire

Pharoah Monch and Prince Po (Organized Konfusion)- there albums are rediculous, extintion agenda is a personal classic for me

O.C. - Word..Life and Jewelz are classics. Dude is ok nowadays, but he was killing it back then.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. deezenutsbiatch

deezenutsbiatch New Member

tonedeff and louis logic are nice . atmosphere was nice up until "paint that shit gold" or whatever . but lucy ford ep/overcast/godlovesugly were all great.
    test
  18. deezenutsbiatch

deezenutsbiatch New Member

Lazy summer days
    Like some decrepit land shark dumb luck squad dog lurk sicker diluted.
    Last sturdy domino lean secluded.
    Don't let stupid delusions lessen super-duty labor students dragnet lifer solutions.
    Daddy loved sloppy dimension like son/daughter link.
    Such determinated leopards.
    Successfully disheveled.
    Little soldiers developed like serpents despite life sentence ducking lemmings.
    Some don't like sobriety's dirty lenses.
    Some do.
    Let sleeping dogs lie still.
    Don't look so damn lackluster.
    Suck defeat.
    Lump sum damage?
    Load, sample, delete.
    Late Show, Dave Letterman, shitty diner lip slide, dutch.
    Low self-discipline leaders see dead lung self-destruct.
    Life sucks dickhead.
    Lost summers display laminates showcasing divinity live, system definitive.
    Liturgy soaked, depict lowly spectacular delight.
    Why, what kind of LSD you like?

call me nerdy and a acidhead. but that was great
    test
  19. solon L

solon L that boy

my only beef with tonedeff is that a lot of his lyrics don't age well

I was listening to some old shit, even from archetype, and I had a few sarcastic "WHOO! how does he WRITE this stuff?" moments

however his flow and a many of his verses are really fucking dope, just saying though. def top 5-10 rappers to me personally.
    test
  20. CarltonDanks

CarltonDanks Juiceman 5000

Redman is prob. my personal fave
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.