OT: chris bosh list of 5 teams

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by RileyFreeman, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

Yea i saw that, but like i said Cuban be seeing these things ahead of time
    test
  2. Joe Phrantana

Joe Phrantana 51toooooooooo!!

I'll give you the Isaiah Thomas v Donnie Walsh situation

But D'Antoni and the "7 seconds or less" offense is a gimmick and a one dimensional tool for winning regular season games at best.

Steve Nash made D'Antoni look like a genius, but when it came to actually coaching the team in times of hardship?

D'Antoni's not the guy.

You wouldn't even be able to run the high octane of an offense with such minimal focus on D with Bosh and James.

If the Knicks can get Bosh, James, and keep David Lee, they'll have something brewing.

I just feel like there's a double edged sword going into the NY situation, ok the roster would be solid, but there'd be no chemistry.

And ass intelligent as those NY fans are they are also impatient.

They're not gonna wait 7 years for a title, I think we can both agree on that

But then again going to Chicago is basically being asked to be compared to MJ for the rest of your career.

So maybe he goes to a place where there are no expectations.

New Jersey?, Miami?, The Wiz,
    test
  3. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

d'antoni is a bitch. u see what he did to stephon. he is a coach and supposed to act like the bigger man. yet he held a grudge like a fucking high school kid and made marbury sitthere and collect 20 million dollar cheques, instead of trying to see if he could fit in.

yea thats a great coach. hes bout as good as jay cutlers bitch ass
    test
  4. CamTheWiz

CamTheWiz in real time

jr rider > stephon marbury
    test
  5. Parole Officer

Parole Officer New Member

Fair enough about D'Antoni. I stand by my comments that he's already built a relationship with some of the young stars of the league, and that will have some influence on their decisions this summer, even if it is a small one.

The Knicks fans may be impatient but they still sell out the building every game of the year, even when they are awful. As a player, all you can ask for is that they show up and are passionate. Knicks fans definately do that. They probably won't wait 7 years for a championship but they have watched their team spend more than anyone else in the league over the last six or seven years with zero results - I'm sure they feel like they are overdue at this point.
    test
  6. Parole Officer

Parole Officer New Member

You've got it twisted. That wasn't really D'Antoni's decision.

The Kbicks offered Marbury a buyout of 18 million at the start of the season- about 1.5 million less then he would have made if he rode out the whole year with NY - which Marbury refused because it wasn't the total amount of his agreed contract.

The Knicks management then decided to make a stand and not play him, trying to force his hand. Marbury countered by refusing the buyout agreement for even longer.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.