OT: chris bosh list of 5 teams

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by RileyFreeman, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

well amar'e did decide to start playing defense like three years ago. I mean and both are jut now getting in their prime amr'e is 27 and bosh lik 25 or 26 a player's prime is 28 - 32. So with that said he could beome a whole lot more bball iq wise.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. TheOmega

and for the record i wasn't devaluing yao as a player i was saying houstan could acheive so much more from a trade than keeping him. He worth t least one all star or two ready good players.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Parole Officer

Parole Officer New Member

No, you're wrong again. I really don't mean to keep correcting you but you keep talking nonsense.

Amare is one of the worst defenders in the league. He'll have the odd highlight reel block or two but he's almost always late on his rotations, missing his box outs, etc. He focuses on one facet of the game and that is the offensive end.

Have you not been following the Lakers-Suns series that is going on right meow? LOL. The biggest subplot of the series right now is how Amare isn't playing any defense. Should i get you the links? I'm really convinced you don't actually watch basketball.

Exit the thread and let the rest of us carry on a basketball conversation.
    test
  4. Parole Officer

Open mouth, insert foot.
    test
  5. Minkaveli

Minkaveli VoKab

T Mac's contract has expired so he is a UFA. He won't be back. Harrington is a UFA. He won't be back. Lee is not worth a max contract. The only way he will be back is if it is a reasonable deal. They won't release Curry because it is a big cap hit. They wanted to try and play him this year to see if any team would want him and that failed miserably. NY needs to surround their team with winning players. Most likely NY will get JJ and Amare. Should be good to watch.
    test
  6. TheOmega

Honestly i like Tmac at the knicks but still JJ and Amare should give the team a nice boost.
    test
  7. TheOmega

I stopped watching the west really after the first round. and i didn't say he was a great defender. i said he started playing D. that can't be denied he's at least working at at it you can see that. But He' reaching the point age wise that makes or breaks most players. they Prime of their careers this is were Great athletes becomes great basketball players. He very well CAN become a great defender or at least solid during this time. He has the lengths and the athleticism, honestly he needs to watch some josh smith tapes.
    test
  8. TheOmega

Where? never once did i make mention of Yao's skill set i just said he wasn't a grat fit for houstan anymore and he was injury prone.
    test
  9. Static Legacy

Static Legacy 3 times of a lotta shit

watching sportscenter atm, dirk will definitely opt of contract and become a URF
    test
  10. TheOmega

Maybe but even if he does, Cuban gotta have a contengecy to get him and another Key player back in Dallas
    test
  11. Static Legacy

Static Legacy 3 times of a lotta shit

yeah the mavs need him,but its confirmed hes opting out
    test
  12. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

Seen this thing on The Score (Canadian Sports Telecast show) and they basically broke down a possible scenario involving a hierarchy of people and a talent management company as well as the coach of university of kentucky.

Basically, it said that the Chicago Bulls have the best chance of signing Lebron, Wade & Bosh because of ties to this talent management group, the university of Kentucky and Jay-Z/Drake.

I won't go through the whole process but basically Calipari, James, Bosh and Wade are all under the same talent agency as Jay-Z and Drake. James and Wade have shown considerable support for Kentucky in recent years and Chicago is apparently very interested in Calipari. All young players want more fame than just basketball and want into the entertainment industry and Drake and Jay-Z are their way in, considering the ties with the talent agent.

There's a lot more depth to it but its all very intricate. I wouldn't be surprised if parts of it materialized.
    test
  13. Parole Officer

LBJ's team have come out and denied that him and Calipari will be involved in any type of package deal. John Wall also came out at the draft combine on Friday and said that he was pretty sure Calipari would be back at Kentucky next season.

That being said, it's no surprise that Bosh & Wade will have a big impact on Lebron's final destination and vice versa. There's been a million rumors floating around over the past year - from the three of them taking pay cuts and playing together in New York to Bosh signing wherever James goes, etc.
    test
  14. kingofrap99

kingofrap99 New Member

With that said, it surprises me that the Bulls are interviewing coaches at this point. Ultimately, I expect them to keep that job vacant as it is a big bargaining chip to allow Lebron/Wade to pick their head coach should one of them sign w/ Chicago.
    test
  15. CamTheWiz

CamTheWiz in real time

yeah that score piece is mad speculative. its true that the big 3 plus calipari all have the same agent, but they just decided to make up a story after that basically.

they were right in saying how attractive chicago is tho. mainly because they are the one team with the money to add a couple huge free agents, and the players to pull off a sign and trade.

and any talk of stoudamire being as good / better than bosh is a complete joke. no range. no defense.
    test
  16. TheOmega

well mike brown is GONE
    test
  17. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

phil jackson. i can see him wanting to coach lebron
    test
  18. Joe Phrantana

Joe Phrantana 51toooooooooo!!

Maybe? He already said he's opting out.....
    test
  19. Joe Phrantana

Joe Phrantana 51toooooooooo!!

I wouldn't be surprised if NOBODY went to the knicks....

Horrible owner, Horrible Gm, Horrible team, Horrible coach.....one good player.

Everybody says, "Oh it's a bigger market"....ok so what?

That's great if you're a weatherman or something, but in sports "bigger market" means more scrutiny.

And in this technologically savvy age we're in, you don't even need a big market to be a global icon.

There's really no incentive what so ever to play there except the money. But we've seen this movie before.

Big free agent goes to horrible team for a shit-ton of money, aaaaaaand nothing happens.

I refer you to the "T-mac sweepstakes" a few years back..
    test
  20. Parole Officer

Mike D'Antoni is one of the better and more popular coaches in the league. He's already got a background with Wade, James, Joe Johnson and Bosh as he was an assistant on the latest Olympic team. He's an offensive mastermind and guys love playing for him because he puts you in a position to succeed on the court.

The reasons that the Knicks have been so bad in recent years is because Isiah Thomas single handedly drove them into the ground between the years of 2003-08. When Donnie Walsh took over in 2009 he had almost zero assets, zero talent and was way over the cap. He should get credit for putting the Knicks in a position to be a player in the free agent sweepstakes this summer... blaming him for the Knicks not winning many games over the past two seasons is ridiculous.

You're right about "big markets" being overrated nowadays, but there's still something electric about Madison Square Garden. Ask any of the top players about playing at MSG and they will tell you that it's a completely different experience. It's not a coincidence that MJ had some of his biggest performances in the Garden either. The Knicks have an unbelievably loyal and intelligent fan base, and that still is appealing to some of the players today.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.