OT: Can Someone Recommend A Couple Of Good Movies

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by BelowTheHeavens, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mellance

mellance New Member

V for Vendetta is such a fucking garbage movie, you'd have to be fucking american and dumb as fuck to appreciate that horseshit.

Thanks for certifying you dont know the fucking difference between an anarchist and a liberal though.

Let me guess, you loved "watchmen" too right? fuck outta here you fucking donut.
    test
  2. onitabas

onitabas die faggot

If you want to feel like you just got molested watch Eraserhead, if you want to feel like you are in a nightmare of an acid trip watch Mulholland Drive, if you want to 100% guarantee to cry watch Fluke (seriously, YOU WILL fucking cry, no exception).
    test
  3. onitabas

onitabas die faggot

A lot of people recommending the Nicholas Cage version of Bad Lieutenant, which is a totally good movie, but the original is fucking awesome as well

[youtube]Ir8Y4iFrWk8[/youtube]
    [youtube]3P8sW3yF0Zw[/youtube]

For as much hate as he gets, Nicholas Cage has been in a lot of good movies. OP, if you want a good romance, watch Leaving Las Vegas. Also, Bringing Out the Dead is a brilliant movie, violently underrated, and I consider it to be Scorsese's best in the 90's.

For another good underrated movie, The King of Comedy. Seriously, it is probably De Niro's best performance as an actor and most people haven't seen it.
    test
  4. check won

check won New Member

boogie nights
    sandlot
    inglorious bastards
    Boyz in the hood
    Ghostbusters
    the departed
    good fellas
    Big Labowski
    Bound by Honor: blood in blood out
    Forrest Gump
    Good will hunting
    Finding Forrester
    Remember the Titans
    Rounders
    Signs
    Gladiator
    test
  5. Stonyshakers

Stonyshakers New Member

damn, how could I forget about boogie nights...
    test
  6. Mave2

Mave2 Active Member

Green Street Hooligans is an amazing flick.
    test
  7. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Ugh, another moron in the world.

Did I ever say I lived by the movie or believed in it? You fucking twatbagel, I can't get past the dorks like you that automatically read into a situation.

V For Vendetta was a great movie in itself, it doesn't have to carry relevance in the real world; you fucking dweeb. What the fuck are you even talking about? Oh, so Jurassic Park is a terrible movie too because their method of bringing dinosaurs back to life wouldn't be likely in the real world? FUCK OUTTA HERE

Wow lmao you're a joke.
    test
  8. mellance

mellance New Member

No its not, how in the fuck is it a "great" movie when the main protagonist is supposed to be a ANARCHIST yet his actions in the movie makes him a LIBERAL?

Natalie Portman's character is a fucking joke aswell, v for vendetta was pretty much final proof that the wachowski brothers cant write for shit (as if matrix II and III didnt already cement that fact) they skated by on matrix because they stole the whole fucking concept from grant morrisons the invisables then when they had to write themselves it all went to shit.

I find it fucking hilarious that dumbfucks such as you actually buys that shit, that shit aint even mediocre.
    test
  9. aelgborje

aelgborje New Member

dont be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood
    never get tired of this one
    test
  10. Boom

Boom paradox

anyone got any good robbery type movies? those are my fav like oceans11-italian job.
    test
  11. ErikForeman

Congratulations for not knowing shit.

V for Vendetta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^ Graphic novel. Not written by the Wachowski brothers, it was an adaptation. Oops.

Also, just because you don't like a movie doesn't make it garbage, bro. Since you're going on about the Matrix, it's become clear to me that you just have some Wachowski hate goin on and your opinion would be biased in the first place.
    test
  12. SuomiMetal

SuomiMetal \m/

Forgot to mention Brotherhood of the Wolf. Awesome movie.
    test
  13. mellance

mellance New Member

Yeah, i know its a adaptation you fucking donkey, one would think ADAPTING much like "tracing" when it comes to illustrating wouldnt be that hard a task, but apparently it must be damn near impossible considering the hack work the wachowski's did with moore's original.

in V for Vendetta (the novel) V is an anarchist he has several long speeches (in which his views are made VERY clear), one of the most recognized is the one he has with lady justice before he blows up the parliament, in the movie all of these speeches has been cut (i mean no reason to boore simple people with such nonsense as ACTUAL CONTENT RIGHT?) and because of this V goes from being an anarchist in the novel to a LIBERAL in the movie.

Evey in the novel is an orphan who is forced to prostitution, its because of this difficult situation that she is susceptible to "V"s brainwashing, evey in the movie is a fucking media network employee who's character has zero fucking reason what so ever to completly 360 into an anarchist.

V for Vendetta the novell is anarchism vs fascism

V for Vendetta the movie claims to be the same but the actions of its characters portrays neo-conservatism vs american liberalism

in all, slow motion and fucking "bullet time" takes presedence over _STORY_ and authenticity, im not surprised your tiny tiny mind think it's "FUCKING A" though simple minded individuals are usually easily tricked with flashy effects and borderline epilepsy frame work.

Essentially V goes from be an _ANARCHIST_ to a fucking FREEDOM FIGHTER.

I hope you get hit by a fucking aids train and die.

"[The movie] has been "turned into a Bush-era parable by people too timid to set a political satire in their own country... It's a thwarted and frustrated and largely impotent American liberal fantasy of someone with American liberal values standing up against a state run by neoconservatives — which is not what the comic V for Vendetta was about. It was about fascism, it was about anarchy, it was about England" - Alan Moore
    test
  14. reznick

reznick New Member

god ti ti ti ti ti ti dididiDAMN!

nice post mellance
    test
  15. reznick

reznick New Member

lol I watched this movie like 100 times before ever watching any of the movies it makes fun of hahahaha

DO
    We
    HAVE
    a
    PROBLEM

HMM???
    test
  16. PORICH

PORICH New Member

Felon
    Animal
    Army of Darkness is awesome.
    Starship Troopers
    Jurassic Park 1-3.
    test
  17. StayAwesome

StayAwesome Member

The Bank Job with jason statham
    test
  18. ErikForeman

sorry for the lack of reply for a brief moment bro. lemme counter your point with what I think is my strongest.

Haaaaaaater ^^
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

mellance is right but wrong too. the movie is a disgrace in terms of an adaptation of the graphic novel which was examining polar opposites on the political spectrum, anachrism vs facism. there was no happy ending, it ending with everyone rioting raping killing and looting i believe but V believed that eventually the people would learn to live civlized without a government. also v wasn't some bad ass superhero that knew martial arts and shit lmfao he mainly used trickery to kill people

still i love the movie, it's a very fun movie with good acting and good dialogue. the action scenes were great.
    test
  20. The Grimace

The Grimace Jeff Goldblum

12 monkeys was pretty cool
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.