OT: Buying a house...

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ericthegreat, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

[​IMG]

that is the absolute worst stoner logic ive heard all week.. "hey man like.. if inflation goes up then the dollar loses value and my mortgage payment isnt like... as much... man whoa yeaaa!!!"

your wages go up in tune with hyper inflation? the cost of living stays down? 6$ a gallon gas wouldnt fucking cripple the middle/lower class?

newsflash you broke motherfucker, hyperinflation would mollywop the fuck out of the working class while the rich go polish the ferrari.

serious question... can you even count correct change?
    test
  2. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

I dont understand how its good for the working class??? Surely their living expenses go up and being at the bottom of the food chain their wages dont increase proportionally....it was the poor working class that suffered in Russia and everywhere else that had economic problems, it just created a corruption culture that still exists today.....

PEACE
    test
  3. Eyerate

also, why the fuck would investment values disappear in periods of hyperinflation? are you serious? if anything, the exact OPPOSITE would happen.. hyper inflation would cause investment prices to skyrocket :funny:
    test
  4. Abyssthamc

Abyssthamc New Member

@eyerate.....anything can happen, your right but its a gamble and to buy at the lowest time, fix it up & modernize everything within a certain budget, and sell in 5+ years when its a better time is plain and simple...profit. How can it seriously get any worse than it is.....banks are holding on to allot of property that wont even be released on the market until there is a wider profit margin on the sale, why cant you do the same? There is allot of stipulations with every investment. Not to come back to this but....In my case i bought a "short sale", house was appraised at 265k, we paid 240k, house next door was bought for $320's 5 years ago and it was only a 1 BR and smaller sq ft, ours is a 2BR 1500 sq ft....On lake, in suburban area, neighbors all take care of their homes and lawns, thats HUGE right there.....Im not saying everyone is going to have opportunity, goals nor turnover but im saying in our case it looks promising. So again....look for houses you can buy low & afford without maxing yourself out,...fix it up within a certain time span and flip it when economy is better and guess what,....you have your own home to live it while your waiting and patiently making your next move...so there's no rush....thats all im saying and just my point of view, noone has to agree with it.....My dad made a living at it and always bought during slight recessions (70's & 80's) and now hes loaded at 57 years old.......just a little inspiration how you can build capital in your life.....baby steps end up being big cake at the end......
    test
  5. roc55555

roc55555 Well-Known Member

i am lookin to buy a condo in Chicago, but may need to sell again in 5-6 years. What do u guys think, is it worth buyin or renting then?
    test
  6. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

Amen. Tired of every douchebag who can get a loan thinking he's gonna be the donald trump of residential suburbia.
    test
  7. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

HAHAHA yesssss
    test
  8. r3m0v3r

r3m0v3r New Member

dude. your wrong. haha I know what I am. I am working class /poor spectrum. I know what's good for me.

forcing a doller to be worth less means everything costs more. but if my mortgage stays the same dollar ammount then it actually just got cheaper.

eyerates conservativism is clouding his vision. he is happy to have half his "investments" jacked every 7 years in financial crashes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. r3m0v3r

r3m0v3r New Member

I see what ur saying sifu. but in England. my family benefited the fuck outta inflation.

eyerate. are you RUSH LIMBAUGH.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. BelowTheHeavens

BelowTheHeavens New Member

test
  11. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I believe you've just answered your own question Eric.
    test
  12. Getty Free

Getty Free New Member

This board is great for SO MANY different things, except getting pussy. thank you guys.
    test
  13. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Pipe Buster

explain? i may attend asu for grad school... I work close, ect.
    test
  14. gregrieke20

Oh, I was just saying downtown Tempe sounds boring as fuck. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
    test
  15. gregrieke20

But I'm usually right, so there goes that theory.
    test
  16. Eyerate

no seriously.. can you count to 100 without fucking that up? you really have NO CLUE how the basic principles of economics work. let alone the kind of insight to be telling anyone your very fucking wrong opinion of what to do with their money.

do my investments get "jacked" in a financial crash or due to inflation? make up your mind warren buffett.

yes, technically your mortgage "just got cheaper" when talking about the overall value of it.. but your wages dont increase and your buying power decreases.. so your mortgage actually "stays the same" and you just got poorer.. then all of a sudden you cant afford that same mortgage payment because your grocery/gas/utilities/life bills just doubled, good job dickhead.

my conservativism? did you seriously just take conservative and add "ism" at the end? you mean conservatism? if anything im libertarian. conservatives and liberals have all gotten it wrong time and time again. you dont seem to be learning from their mistakes. then again, admittedly, you barely make your mortgage payments and dont hold any investments... i dont expect you to have much insight into the world of fiscal responsibility.

also, i was hedged like a motherfucker against that crash... you know what that means? it means i made money when everyone got poor last year.. and ill make money when the down goes sub 7 in the next 18 months.

@abyss... unfortunately, your wrong. you have the right mindset, your just 5 years late. you will not make a profit on that home in 5 years and id be willing to bet big on that. your biggest selling points are an appraisal that came in just over what you paid which is super soft since appraisals are completely FUCKED right now and that you dont live in a shithole so people actually take care of their homes? welcome to suburbia my dude. we're all like that. heres my advice.. live there and love it. if you do upgrade the place, do it for you to enjoy and nothing else because you WILL NOT make that money back when you sell. the days of scrub and flip are long gone and arent coming back for a decade at best case. is your dad still flipping houses? it sounds like hes done with it.. that should be a big red flag for you right there.

protip: banks arent holding property waiting for wider margins.. banks are holding the property because if they dumped it now it would dillute the already hypersaturated market right down the shitter. commercial is up next and its going to get VERY ugly. hedge now or cry later.

i mean what i have been wrong about so far? dendreon? its selling for 10$ less than it did before FDA approval. dont see that kid running his mouth around here these days :funny:
    test
  17. solon L

solon L that boy

SPY puts, fuck yeah
    test
  18. Static Legacy

Static Legacy 3 times of a lotta shit

put your money into securities
    test
  19. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

I agree with Eyerate although I think we'll be coming out of the double dip in 5 years. It really all depends though. I'd buy the house if i were you btw.
    test
  20. Maytrikz

Maytrikz Genuine Person Time

it's been kept...
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.