OT: boondocks season 3...

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Eyerate, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dialekt.

Dialekt. Belvington of Locksley

shit was hilarious...

Interviewer: 1 word that describes you Riley?
    Riley: Real Nigga
    Interviewer:Thats 2 words..
    Riley:I know nigga, real niggas dont follow instructions.

Classic!
    test
  2. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

the part during the dick riding obama song were gangstalicious was riding the obama horse was golden.
    test
  3. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

you got a good quality DL link for docktrine 2? i only see the 192 version.. 320 or V0/V2 would be dope.
    test
  4. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

it was on 2dope boyz for a while check there
    test
  5. TheOmega

the next episode is gonna be real as shit though.

"yo you're thugnificent"
    "no i'm not"
    "yea you re"
    "no i'm just regular crack dealer"
    bodied
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

you didnt see the scenes where they were protesting against obama?

The whole episode was a joke on how some white people rejected the notion of having a black president but few were afraid to come right out & say it. & then it made fun of how some blacks were voting for him just because he's black but were reluctant to say it (minus Riley).
    test
  7. TheOmega

test
  8. Eyerate

are you talking about the quick pan of the still with the protest signs? :funny:

my dude... gtfoh. yer grasping.
    test
  9. Fortune Tella89

Fortune Tella89 New Member

You must be white,

The episode was trying to show that regardless of whether a nigga is in office shit ain't gonna change for the average nigga, Huey knew that which is why he was indifferent, everyone else thought they would be riding in Beamer, Benz or Bentley when Obama got in. The key part of this episode is when all the white folks laugh at Thugnificent on Bill Maher, even though a black man's in office white folks still see us as Thugnificent and niggas regardless. I love the episode though as it describes exactly how I felt, it's like any type of racism now white people will write off as "Obama's in office he's black" but niggas will still get beat up by police, niggas will still lose jobs to white folks who are less qualified and niggas will still be overall the shit on race along with latinos, Im glad Boondocks is exposing that real shit again this wasnt even that funny an episode to me compared to others but the message overrules it
    test
  10. reznick

reznick New Member

lmao thanks for the link vet

I just seen the intro and im already killed. "basically....fuck him"
    test
  11. D.Blacksmith

D.Blacksmith Free

^^^^^thank you.
    test
  12. Wizz513

Wizz513 Member

the best part was the beginning when they talked about Obama being myspace friends with Huey and obama said:

"I dont know who this Huey Freeman is, but he doesnt stand for what I stand for, and I denounce, I repudiate, and condemn him..... basically, fuck em."
    test
  13. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

Riley had me leaned when he said "I heard he works with the feds, that ain't a good look".
    test
  14. Jimi Hillside

Jimi Hillside ._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Too many quotables but basically, fuck him was hilarious. It's going to be a good season.
    test
  15. reznick

reznick New Member

i loved the episode. perfect synopsis tella

I disagree with Hueys indifference in the episode, but I loved how it showed the realistic over exaggerations of people thinking instant change was coming.
    test
  16. Eyerate

ill agree with the first half.. but wtf @ "any racism white people will write off as obamas in office" where do you get that from? from the thugnificent shit? if anything thats satirizing the fact that so many rappers and ignorant motherfuckers started acting all political and they didnt know shit.. and black people losing jobs to less qualified white people? seriously? i wont turn this thread into an affirmative action debate, but lets just say you should pocket that bullshit.. someone could make you look really stupid.
    test
  17. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

no i'm a nigga.

but all you said happened in the 2nd half of the episode. All that happened AFTER Obama got elected in the episode.

Lets think for a second: Some of the most popular videos at the time of the election were of niggaz saying "We don't have to work when Obama wins". This episode made fun of that.

Other popular videos were of people (alot of white Christians) protesting against Obama because he was a "Muslim" & "not born in the US", basically grasping at straws because they didn't want a black man in office. This episode poked fun at that too.

If people think this episode only made fun of the ignorant black aspect of the
    election & not the ignorant white aspect, then ya'll must not watch alot of Boondocks.
    test
  18. CheddaCheese

CheddaCheese The Cheese

Dopppe. Phene, Laws and Djay Cas are all on here. Rapmusic.com is making moves sonnn haha
    test
  19. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

this was my shit. shit had me dyinggggggggggggggggg. and thats while ever since i found season one every single username email anything of mine is rileyfreeman
    test
  20. marsblackmon23

marsblackmon23 Active Member

This episode was agreat way to open the season. The Jeremiah Wright part was fucking killer.

The thing that surprised me most was that they got Werner Herzog to do the voice of the documentarian.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.