OT: Best SNES game(s).

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Maytrikz, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solon L

solon L that boy

and donkey kong dominates mario kart

no contest, lol, go look up any of the records
    test
  2. Throwed

Throwed New Member

bonk's adventure for turbo graphix 16? i dunno if they had a snes one but turbo graphix 16 was heavily slept on. Ninja spirit, bloody wolf, splatterhouse r just a couple great games that was on tb16

as for snes, since all the great games have been mentioned already il go into great games that werent released in the US

Bahamut Lagoon - anyone? one of the best rpg's, u go through the story almost like a movie, graphics, story, music all killer, war strategy/ normal rpg battle system in one

Alcahest - ill ass action rpg fairly recently translated, def check it out if ur lookin for action rpg or great gamin in general

Live a live - great rpg where u complete 8 seperate character scenarios first to unlock the last scenario

treasure of the rudras - best snes rpg graphics imo, looks like ff6, u type in your own spells, everything beastly about this

these r all square rpgs to, them mufucka held out on some dope ass games that would be considered classic's today
    test
  3. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

The biggest gem square held out on the US in the SNES days was the sequel to Secret of Mana... 6 characters, you create a party of 3, each had their own story line AND each had their own end boss to the game. Sooooo much replay value.

There's a fully translated rom of it online, it seriously was an amazing game, even by todays standards.
    test
  4. Throwed

Throwed New Member

^oh mos definetly, somebody mentioned it earlier so i left it out but considered mentioning it anyway because it is that beastful, seiken densetsu lol, changing class's is dope i had the wolf dude kevin as a godhand lookin ill
    test
  5. Swaggatron

Swaggatron Fuck AutotuneBots

Hell yeah i do, i('ve) own(ed) every console from the Atari 2600, Nes, Neo Geo, to Xbox360, Ps3 and everything in between. Also had most of the handhelds like the Atari Lynx, Game Gear etc with hella games for each system.

One of my alltime favourites remains the slept on Sega Dreamcast, helluva fighting game platform. SNK vs Capcom 2, Marvel vs Capcom 1&2, Soul Calibur 1 (still the best version imo) Rival Schools, Mark of the Wolf, Guilty Gear X, i played the living daylight out of those games eventhough the Dreamcast controller was kinda crappy compared tot the PS's
    test
  6. Swaggatron

Swaggatron Fuck AutotuneBots

Plus Streets of Rage had special moves plus 2 player co-op wich the Snes version of Final Fight lacked, Final Fight had better graphics but couldn't touch Streets of Rage..
    test
  7. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

It was me who mentioned it earlier... I mention it again because it's that good. I'm actually giving it another play-thru now. It's a game that hasn't left my rotation even after all these years.
    test
  8. Amilius

Amilius New Member

Chrono Trigger
    Secret of Mana
    The Legend of Zelda - Link To The Past
    Final Fantasy 6 US (or 3 JP)
    Super Metroid
    Super Mario World
    test
  9. Jamaro85

Jamaro85 Space Cowboy

Wow. First game that came to mind was Chrono Trigger. Great.

Also...

Super Mario RPG
    Saturday Night Slam Masters
    Donkey Kong Country
    Killer Instinct
    Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy VI
    Street Fighter II
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors (flew under the radar, was addicting)
    Super Bomberman

Co-signs that I forgot...

Mario Kart
    Secret Of Mana
    Earthbound
    Contra
    F-Zero
    Final Fight

Aladdin and Lion King were fun as hell, but GOATS? Eh...

And Prince Of Persia was difficult as fuck.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.