Options for "OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION" in the Battle Video Archives

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by mapleleaf, May 31, 2010.

?

What would you like to see?

1. Subforum for off topic/trolling

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No subforum, more strict regulation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other- i have my own idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No change, I enjoy it the way it is now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

Would you care to provide some non-existant examples, please?
    test
  2. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

owner of site won't allow it or maple would be
    test
  3. Diggles

Lol @ super dedicated troll... oh man, the day you start making accurate assumptions about behaviour...
    test
  4. EmceeGoddess

well ive called you an idiot enough times to demonstrate that im fairly accurate with my assumptions

uh every single thread made by trillthug and the rest of his accounts?

http://board.rapmusic.com/battle-video-archives/1214333-just-bought-cadillac.html

perfect example, including the troll replies

if you want to pretend this doesn't happen, fine, im not going through threads to show you. you can do that.
    test
  5. SuomiMetal

SuomiMetal \m/

So you go with a played concept that doesn't even represent metalheads? You don't know a damn thing about metal culture, do you?

That's like me making fun of the White Sox for not winning a world series in over a century - just proves you don't actually know what the fuck you're talking about.

For someone who was talking about being unable to use reason against "us crybabies," you sure have an aversion to it.
    test
  6. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

just make a subforum and ban anyone who posts offtopic shit in here
    test
  7. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

TrillThug is one of the few things that's good about this forum. He is not a troll, he's just a really entertaining poster.

OT chat will remain here whether anyone likes it or not.. give it a place to go, or learn to enjoy it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. Diggles

You have an example of ONE guy.. who very obviously has more than a few accounts (because he's on them sporadically).. doesn't really fit with the parameters you set now, does it? To say that there are extreme trolls here, who each start 2-3 bullshit threads a day, is wrong. The majority of trolling here is done in posts, which tbh is easy enough to skip over. It takes a matter of a few minutes on here to know which posters are worth reading and which aren't..

...fuck, not my problem if you fail to have selective attention. Enjoy the polygrip, and metamucil commercials.
    test
  9. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

see you need to understand that he doesnt particularly care at this point
    its like when someone makes fun of a chinese person for something that koreans do. hes asian so who gives a fuck
    see you too can troll and stay on topic
    test
  10. EmceeGoddess

oh im sorry when you took me being literal when i was saying they post 50 threads a day

and i clearly stated i wasnt going to go and give a bunch of examples

every single thread gets tarded up. there. is that accurate enough for you, you nitpicking faggot?
    test
  11. Diggles

I'm sorry EG, but I assumed that using such wide parameters you actually had more of a foundation for your argument than just 1 guy.. and then a sporadic series of posts from this Goonsquad shit.

And bahahahahahahaha. I'm a nitpicking fag? Okay, kiddo. Enjoy breaking down battles to their bare bones. "Ohhh the set-up he used here would've been brilliant if he had only of...."

^Yeah, please.. be quiet.
    test
  12. GraphicNature

GraphicNature Well-Known Member

Im not gonna repost the entire post I just posted in the post about fuck this forum.....but I am going to state the most important fact....."UNLESS THERE IS A BATTLE BEING UPLOADED EVERY HOUR FOR EVERYONE TO COMMENT AND SHARE THEIR REMARKS ON, THEN THE OFF TOPIC POSTS, IS WHAT KEEPS THIS FORUM UP AND RUNNING, AND IT KEEPS MOST OF THE POSTERS ON HERE ON A DAILY BASIS" so what......we have trolls, big fucking deal, creating a sub forum isnt gonna get rid of them......In the end, no matter how many off topic posts, and arguments that go on in this forum......the forum is on of the most active on the internet with over 400 people on at a time at any given moment of the day, and only about 7 people bitch....do the math.....Your saying it could be a Nuclear fallout zone in a year, when this forum has had this pace for close to 10 years...........if it aint broke dont fix it, people visit this forum for its battle related material, but also its comedic relief, and some even use it as an everyday escape...leave it alone, its doing fine
    test
  13. EmceeGoddess

yeah, im not used to people taking obvious exaggerations literally and requesting 50+ examples of shit. solid argument, you're a real brain.

LOL "this setup would have been great" = PICKING BATTLES DOWN TO THEIR BARE BONES
    test
  14. Diggles

In the end.. I think bitching about the trolls is only giving them a platform to continue doing what they're doing, because hey look GUYS ITS WORKING! Seriously, ignore them if it doesn't concern you. If it gets out of hand in particular moments, deal with it. There's always a retarded asshole or two in the playground.. give them some attention and they thrive.

Secondly, people are really just bitching for the sake of being nostalgic. I will guarantee that everyone saying "these boards were so much better back in the day" didn't really think the boards were all that great to begin with back in the time they're referring to. It's being nostalgic for the sake of being nostalgic. I bet when you first started on forums you were looking back on how much fun you had before the internet... now look at you.
    test
  15. Diggles

When you do it continuously throughout a the breaking down of a battle. Seriously, how the fuck can you write more than a paragraph or two on a battle.. you write essays, duke... seriously. No one gives that much of a fuck. I don't give that much of a fuck about analysis on NBA game and that shits 10x more serious than battle rap will ever be.

And lol... naming names would have sufficed. You named the most obvious example and that's it. Yeah, sorry if your argument loses some validity along the way.
    test
  16. EmceeGoddess

i actually reply to very few battle threads and when i do its about a sentence or two max. i get into long debates about non actual battle shit.

ive named names repeatedly in these 3 similar threads and in the thread i gave you i specifically said the people replying in it were trolls as well. im sorry you can't read or understand shit.

trillthug, gasp, stock, sinner, kenchilla, track 2, krazy kanuck, mcvet, etc.

many other banned accounts along the way, etc.
    test
  17. TrillThugBoss

TrillThugBoss Well-Known Member

damn man :(

but yo, here is my acct history if u are interested

1st acct: Tupac Kippur-banned
    2nd acct: CarlWeathers-banned
    3rd acct: TrillThugBoss-banned
    4th acct: CarlKippurTrill-banned
    5th acct: Dinner Dog-not banned

While posting under Dinner Dog, Maple suggested I use one of my better s/n's and gave me a choice as to which he should unban. I chose this one :)

At no point did I masquerade as some other dude tho, I always made it clear it was me with each acct. And I still use Dinner Dog depending on which computer Im usin at work.

Fuck I hate typing this much at once
    test
  18. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

this sums it up
    test
  19. Diggles

How many of those are recent though and relevant to your description? Or since you've been here for like 7ish years, is your sense of recency a lot more stretched than mine? lol
    test
  20. TrillThugBoss

TrillThugBoss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.