oppinions on this system!

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by racingbitto, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racingbitto

racingbitto boom!... boom!

Ok, i sell my system.... and now i´m getting a new one.. i want a decent loud system but i dont wanna replace electricals so im going with 450-600rms for subs no more.

I want to get a rockford fosgate power 451S amp, and pushing 2 rockford fosgate punch he2´s 12"s in a big ported box..

do you think its a good combo? i want oppinions, experiences, if you own these products or some likely product by rockford fosgate to agree or disagree.... thanks.
    test
  2. LYFE-LINE

LYFE-LINE New Member

I dont like RF.......

Get a Memphis 1000D amp...on 2 Kicker 12inch L5 Solobaric's
    test
  3. trifle

trifle New Member

no, tell me what is available around you...or what you can have shipped....
    test
  4. racingbitto

but life, if running 1000rms i will need at least a nice batterie, caps and redo the wiring.. i dont have the money.

Trifle, thanks man... i have about $420 no more for subs and amp and i want 2 subs... if cap is needed, i will buy one for about $50 but its 420 for amp and subs. Do you think is it a good deal one RF 501S for $220 new? and 2 RF HE2´S 12s for $110 each, or 2 HE2´S 15"s for $130 each?
    test
  5. Sawred

Sawred New Member

that is a great deal and all, but you might be able to get better...you seem to be looking for sound quality over spl...i have worked with rf for a while now, and honestly im not a fan of there subs, they pound but do not sound clean at all...i was going to get a set up of 3 he2 15"s but i heard this guys 3 12"s we put in and it sounded insanly bad, not clean sound at all, just my opinion...im a sound quality guy.....

as far as there amps, they are okay, they are overrated, if you are going with the punch series they run hot and i have seen tons of them come back blown, yes those are great prices, but you might be able to find better...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3042025746&category=39776 great seller right there... look on ebay for some used shit, unless you want a warrenty.....order from thezeb or sounddomain, look for deals. you can find some awesome matterial, JL AUDIO is clean as hell, and if you can find good deals, take them. i used to run jl w3s and they are 100000 better than he2's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3042710147&category=18797 i used to run my 2 12 w3's off of a 6500d 500x1 at 2 ohms at 12 volts each of those subs are rated at 250 , you wont need a cap or battery, it sounded awesome and clean and got tons of compliments... :)
    test
  6. Efrum

Efrum the great mac sabbath

its a good deal. i know that much
    test
  7. kaay-O

kaay-O K.O.

I can't stress my love for adire audio enough.

With that budget you might be able to get 2 12'' shivas powered by a JBL BP600.1

That's my setup right now and let me just say it bumps fairly well!

With the right install you will have a pretty nice system.

Only drawback is the shivas need a pretty big box.(definitely go sealed with these suckers)

Anywhere from 1.8 to 2.25 cubes is proper whereas 2.0 is almost perfect.
    test
  8. racingbitto

thanks for your adive guys... hey Sone im planning to buy a RF Power series 451S, its power line not the punch line, would it run hot? Im planning to get power series, 451, 551S...
    test
  9. Sawred

Sawred New Member

well, all of fosgate runs hot to tell you the truth, it just depends, if you got it vented or aired out, or how hard your pushing it...U can say the same for all amps, but i just see fosgates getting so hot u cant even touch them(lol) the power serious is a awesome amp, and thats a great price for a power series... as far as subs, i would look somewhere else,

as far as adire, he is right, they are underground but they are fuckin insanly nice speakers... adire makes quality product.

really for along time i was set on gettin fosgates because i could get them for a great deal, but than i learned from experience and was incredibly happy that other people told me not to get them and i listened... You can do what you want, that is a good deal, but I just feel you can find better and be happier shopping around.

What kind of vehicle is this going into? how much space do you want to give up...we can probably tell you just 1 12 or 1 10 depending on your space that will give you insanly good sound. while still pound and make you happy :) how much r u getting the power series amp for?
    test
  10. racingbitto

ok prices:
    RF POWER 451S about $190
    RF POWER 551S about $250 maybe less
    RF PUNCH 501S about $220.
    RF POWER 501BD $305.

SUBS: RF HE2´S (the 400rms, 800maxones) 12"s for $110 each. Sounddomain has them for $179 or more. 15S HE2´S $130.
    test
  11. Sawred

Sawred New Member

if you can get the bd501 amp, you wont be upset at all, that is a awesome amp, and it can produce so much clean power. That is a class d mono amp, built for subs....

as far as subs...

look into getting some used jl or some shivas and they both pound and give off good sound quality...

u can probably get 2 10w3v2 jls for that price with a 501bd and shit would pound and sound clean as fuck, if you want fosgate because of the good price, i dont think you will be to happy with the sound quality, if thats what you want... :(
    test
  12. racingbitto

hehe thanks sone, no im not 100% SQ, btw im not in the U.S. thats why i cant get SHIVAS, brahma, etc but do you think 2 12s he2´s would pound harder than 1 12L5? 12s with 451s or 501s, the 12L5 with JBL600.1???
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.