opinons needed...

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by withinthesoul, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. withinthesoul

withinthesoul New Member

As some of you know or might not know I'm tring to build my battle skills, I made up a line recently that I thought was good but wasn't sure, so this poat is for all of you to give it a critique hence the title:eek:pinions needed.

before I would spit it I would turn my back on my competitor, facing the audience and say:

I'm turning my back on this cunt/ to illustrate what I'm battling is just a front/

ofcourse I know I wouldn't win solely on that line but I think it'd be a good way my part of the battle.

what do you all think?
    test
  2. withinthesoul

withinthesoul New Member

test
  3. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

wow you really are like 13
    test
  4. withinthesoul

withinthesoul New Member

I said critiques not insults, if you didn't like it tell me why and then tell how I can improve or else don't post.
    test
  5. Tray

Tray New Member

your supposed to freestyle when u battlin man, dont post this shit or your gonna get dissed...
    test
  6. Tray

Tray New Member

plus that shit wouldent even move the crowd to be honest..
    test
  7. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

Hahaha motherfucker is posting up his good lines in freestyle battles before they even happen.
    test
  8. withinthesoul

withinthesoul New Member

there has been some confusion regarding this post, it seems that people think that I'm trying to get one of my lines approved so that to me that would have been the ok for me to use it, that wasn't my intention at all I was never going to use that line BECAUSE of the fact that I've already posted it I merely wanted to see if my train of thought was headed in the right direction, apperently not, thanks to Tray for his honesty about that the line wouldn't move the crowd and to the rest who orginally thought that I was going to use this line I apologize about the mix up.
    test
  9. Tray

Tray New Member

yeah its cool man, personally i doubt that line would do shit for ya, but keep at it man, peace..
    test
  10. Sleezy

Sleezy milfhinter.com

lmfao..this is comedy..dunnue ya really that dumb think about it..what happens if the ²²²²² you battlin goes to this site an see that?..you'll automatically get owned for that..so my adive is..dont come to a battle with pre writtens..cuz 80%of the timethey wont work...best thing you can do is..while there rhymin..think of some shit..pre-thoughts are jus the same as frees cuz your jus thinkin of them now..i dont care what anyone says..
    test
  11. withinthesoul

withinthesoul New Member

that sounds alright, I'd only do that if I really felt I had no choice but then again if I had my skills sharpened enough to will comfortable with going into a battle then I wouldn't need to use pre-thoughts as backup,but advice apperciated.
    test
  12. knowmad

knowmad New Member

hey withinthesoul..... go fuck yourself in the music, the moment....
    test
  13. withinthesoul

withinthesoul New Member

I'm guessing that I don't define what's cool to you knowmad or maybe because I'm new here you can pick on me or maybe your influenced by Nimrod's dad, whatever the case may be your a useless follower.
    test
  14. Sin-Tax

Sin-Tax New Member

i think its because youre from love city
    test
  15. withinthesoul

withinthesoul New Member

what yours problem? honestly, is this your territory? you I have to earn respect around here by taking shit? and if it's base on threads then what's it to you if you don't like them don't post, fucking hater
    test
  16. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

Listen, whithin the soul, how old are you? its a serious question, I just want to know.

this is the thing with what you are doing:

when hiphop was first being born, THERE WAS NO INTERNET! if you wanted to know about how ill your style was, oor if you were "on the right track", then you would have to get up, walk outside of your house (inwhatever ghetto neighborhood you lived in, cuz THATS WHERE IT STARTED) and EARN your respect. If you wanted someones new music, you had to go over to a store and LOOK FOR IT, and if U wanted to make music, you had to save MAD money, to get equipment, or get in good with someone who already had it. IT was hard to do, and it was something special to the people who did it.

I dont eevn blame 8 mile. because if 8 mile came out in the 80's when hiphop was really starting to flourish, it still woulda been mad hard to do any of that shit, because hiphop was still the primarily an artform for urban society, which was mostly black and hispanic. and the white people who got involved KNEW WHAT WAS UP FROM TEH START.

thanks to the internet, all of those old sacred boundaries have been crossed, and like wendy day said, the opinion of a 15 year old boy from finland has the same weight as a 35 year old DJ from the bronx, when your in a chatroom , or ON A MESSAGE BOARD!!!! being anoynymous on a message board is a great way to just sit there and absorb what U think is knowledge or skill or whutever from other people who MAY HAVE paid their dues.

But trust me, its a WORLD of difference from getting your ass to NY, and going to a show, or battling someone on teh train from williamsburg brooklyn to manhattan, or being at the Bboy events in the BX, where it all started. Dont think that just because you are mad curious about hiphop that you have a "GET into hiphop free" card. U seriously have to go out their and earn your stripes, and KNOW YOUR HISTORY, or else when you say dumb shit like you did at the beginning of this thread, your just going to get shitted on. SOrry to tell you.

and whats funny is, alot of teh people who will be shitting on you are guilty of the same crime, And DONT EVEN KNOW IT. Hiphop has been way too inclusive in the last 5 years.
    test
  17. DaMayor

DaMayor Future of Hip-Hop

That was a GREAT post m AGE, I agree 100%. Which pisses me off about the current state of hip-hop. Basically if you don't have a gimmick or you aint a thug from the ghetto, you have no chance in the Rap World. Rap is all cultures, and a beautiful artform. But folks like 50 Cent, LiL Jon & The Eastside Boyz, and such ruin it.
    test
  18. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

IMO: hip hop isn't an exclusive club that only certain people can be part of. it's not limited to people "in the ghetto" nor people of certain creeds of skin colors. It's about love and respect for the four elements, advancing yourself and the artform through battling, a kind of nietzchien thing, pushing your self to new levels via competition and using your own style. it's also about knowing the history of hip hop, where it came from (boogie down bronx, NY rep!!!) and who pioneered it.
    withinthesoul, do your research on the culture, learn about the pioneers, freestyle---don't come in with corny writtens---if you have a couple DOPE punchlines that's okay, but don't lean on that cause it will backfire on you. people wanna see dope freestyles. you do seem pretty young, but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy hip hop or participate in the culture, but like M age is saying, get out there to real hip hop events, battles, shows, etc. I know there's lots of stuff going down in Canada (that's where your at, right?) and it ain't that hard to get across the border to the US---just keep learning, also check out UGHH . com hip hop forum and ask questions, that's the way you'll learn.
    test
  19. Apacolypse666

Apacolypse666 New Member

funny how Damayor went to his original name so he wouldn't sound stupid anymore....we all kno that you are withinsoul you fuckin idiot, just go away, your the most disliked person on this site
    test
  20. DaMayor

DaMayor Future of Hip-Hop

Shut da fuck up Apacolypse. I aint withinsoul, even ask the mods to check IP #'s.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.