Opinions on wordplay battlers?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by I am eMc K, Jul 15, 2013.

1. I am eMc K

I am eMc K New Member

I can't be the only one who thinks it's getting cornier and cornier. Every time I hear someone really REACH for some wordplay it hurts me to listen too. And I really think that hurts my personal ability to judge battles because I discredit it (and I mean personal ability for myself, I've been calling battles wrong lately). But my point stands regardless. Some battlers really try to stretch wordplay schemes. And the delivery of them gets worse and worse as time goes on. The emphasis on the words they want us to focus on just makes them a chore to listen to because it becomes a list of related things instead of a battle scheme.

Now this is not to say that I think all wordplay is bad, but basing your entire style and battle bars on it just hurts me. I feel like it makes you one dimensional. And half the time it's not even that clever.
    test
  2. kapman10

kapman10 Member

great thread m8
    test
  3. kapman10

kapman10 Member

so much post!!!:alliknowisthat:
    test
  4. NatGeografik

NatGeografik ********

Who bases their style only wordplay? Bulletz, Chilla, and Clips are the biggest offenders and they usually keep it to a scheme or two a round
    test
  5. kapman10

kapman10 Member

NatGeografik here to weigh in!!!:biguhn:
    test
  6. I am eMc K

I am eMc K New Member

Have you heard a Bulletz battle lately? Sitting through his rounds is like being on Google looking for shit I don't care about, and I'm a fan of Bulletz.
    test
  7. NatGeografik

NatGeografik ********

Yeah, thats actually what I was referencing, Bulletz has jokes, punchlines, angles and schemes. His schemes are the strongest part of his game, but he also has punchlines and name flips. In fact, I would say the best part of his battle against Saurus were his punches and jokes, because I didn't get the "grimey rap" scheme he did.

"Do you know how many guys were in your XBox? 360"

Return to Mack Morris' son
    test