open question...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by reggie jax, Jan 17, 2014.

1. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

if you had never heard of whatever religion or ideology you currently subscribe to... if you had never even heard of the concept of living after death... and if it was more or less confirmed that we lived in a completely materialistic universe with no such hope of extending our existence beyond physical death...

would you feel lucky at being offered the chance to be alive and conscious for a global average of 67.2 years, or would you feel as if you'd somehow been cheated out of a longer stay?
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i used to think that way, it didnt faze me that there was nothing after death. Not even nothingness.. just non existence. I didnt feel special. I didnt feel doomed. It was just the way it was. Only difference is instead of feeling connected to things like i do now i felt small and insignificant.
    test
  3. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

Not to sound like a goth fag, but as content as I usually am, part of me will always have a beef with being born in the first place.

Existence is fundamentally sadistic.
    test
  4. reggie jax

not to reply with "omg kill yourself goth fag," but why continue to exist?
    yea, i do feel small and insignificant. i feel connected to a unimaginable number of things because of the complexity of the world we live in... but that doesn't change my overall insignificance.
    test
  5. Radium

Radium f k

yes
    test
  6. reggie jax

test
  7. Radium

Radium f k

so sometimes the dead speak

the right answer is that to want is an emergent property of dopaminergic transmission in the brain. the brain is an emergent property of primeval aquadynamic creatures who had to engage an aqueous environment because it is the only environment that is conducive to the emergence of biological functions. the aqueous environment is an emergent property of hydrogen and oxygen atoms which form water which must be heated by a heat source to achieve an aqueous state. when water is heated too much the jiggly movements of its hydrogen and oxygen atoms become too great and it jiggles so much that it bursts apart. this is how we manufacture steam. when there is not enough heat the hydrogen and oxygen atoms of water dont jiggle as robustly so much so that it freezes into a rigid crystalline pattern. biological functions would not emerge in these extreme states which is why we freeze food to prevent rot and sterilize food by heating it, that is to say we are trying to reduce or increase how jiggly it is. thus for biological functions to emerge from water it must be constantly jiggled by a commensurate heat source. this special heat source is an emergent property of the sun

anyway, dopamine and dopaminergic transmission emerge naturally from such a system, as in the case on earth. i think dopaminergic transmission can be thought of as a kind of chain. this chain of dopamine consists of many things arranged by the brain to link to that are commensurate to how relevant to dopaminergic tranmission something is. in this way dopaminergic transmission achieves a state of linear progression as it chains to more and more things relevant to more and more dopaminergic tranmission. i think the major function of the linear progression of dopaminergic tranmission is to force creatures to constantly engage the extrapersonal environment over and over. i think this phenomena is vividly symbolized in the black hole sun music video

every grotesque grin just a tiny link in the larger chains of dopaminergic transmission which has jailed each of them inescapably to their numerous schemes as the sun that had jiggled each of them into existence now comes to destroy them. the irony is that soundgarden was just as inescapably jailed by their own dopaminergic chains as they were. i think black hole sun is a song about suicide and in essence the death of dopamine.

i think it is the inherent nature of dopamine to always continue and even choosing death is just a version of the linear progression of dopaminergic transmission trying to chain to something relevant to dopaminergic tranmission; as in this case, the peace of death. that is to say, even this is just a tiny link in some greater dopaminergic chain.

in this sense what makes the peace of death different from the subterranean paradise agharta or the kingdom of heaven
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I grew up thinking that, maybe even hoping. Its easier to live and not feel u have to be responsible or account for your actions when u believe that is the case imo. and tbh i was a dick, i was a bully when i was younger.
    test
  9. jay bee2

jay bee2 New Member

I used to feel this way. Then I realized I was still in my early 20's. Life is wayyyyy longer than people like to admit. I'm sure if I make it to my late 60's I'll be ready to die
    test