Open Mag Vol 1.

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by UFO the Phoenix, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

The Realm Open Magazine Vol. 1

THEME: LOVE (the good, bad and ugly)

Internet street journals for all poets

Review August Highlights:

The Realm is really giving new meaning to the word “LOVE”….and after reading a handful of random poems I come across a common link among many poets and that is the matters of love and all of the burdens that follow

Quotive really blew me away with one of his….if you haven’t already read it go peep “trying convictions” your in for a treat as he gives new meaning to the idea of kissing

1) Question for you Quotive how did you come up with the concept of this poem, from the word choice, font, color, and setting.

Luther comes out of nowhere with a special poem of his own as well.….called “Notice”….left many of us puzzled but did the job none the less…..

2) Question for you Luther what is the real meaning behind your latest poem that has us all mind boggled???

Bhitiah has been quiet this month but she was able to bring back skandelous_lala as she drops an old school classic on us….if you haven’t read this poem then its like missing out on Matrix 1 when that first hit theaters…..

3) Question for LaLa…..when you gonna bless us with a new poem (no pressure)…or maybe what’s holding you back perhaps we can help?

New kid on the block named Don Vito has dropped some interesting work….I’ll be looking forward to reading more from him…..will we see more of him?

Xyliere leaves as soon as she begins to come into her own…..will she ever return?

Allnakey drops an amazing poem out of nowhere and then goes MIA….never seen him flow with that much rage and anger….it was crazy….if you missed out theres still time to go read “And that’s what’s up”

Mind~$oul….the realms very own ghetto prophet has been on fire lately….where is this new inspiration coming from?

LadyL has been tuning some heads this month….she has one poem called “the gurl is emotional” it’s a classic from start to finish if you read deeper into it you might become even more amazed…..great stuff gurl…what do you have in store for us in September?

Da Sein and Psycho69 get a little personal with us in both of their poems….talented writers really not afraid of venturing out of their own hearts and putting it all on the line in an artistic way….would you guys ever want to collabo together?

Speaking of Co-labs whats up with 6ft Under….is it just me or coming back from the war made this poet wiser and more mature….as well as Almostfamous admitting to being a biter and still having the guts to come back and reestablish himself….that’s real right there….whats up?….what goes through your heads….tell us a little bout what happen to ya’ll and what we can expect from you guys in the near future…holla

Manmadeofashes…the guy you love to hate….and might hate to love....either way he has left an impact on you somehow....if you haven’t read any of his work then you need to stop what your doing and get over to one of his pieces….the guy has a style of his own….no rules....Ashes how do you come up with ideas for your poems?

Misskeydaqueen….is it just me or is it nice to have the queen back?!?!?!

MISSING POETS:

lpoet
    Johnnie French
    Chylltyrant
    Brit Boi Gee
    Xero Satsujin
    Absolute Zero

If you have seen any of these poets or know where they are please leave word for we are concern and we miss their work greatly.

Open mag….if you have a question for one of your favorite poets drop it in here so we all can see….cause we all might share the same questions and this is an open workshop open to the public free of charge just bring your own thoughts
    test
  2. UFO the Phoenix

*let me show you how OPEN MAG works*

I recently dropped a poem called "Shivering Eyelids"....some people told me it was garbage others said it was very unique....but nobody got its hidden meaning

the poem was about me loosing my virginity

Open mag ya'll

please all poets are welcome to come and join in the discussion of US...our work...we are making history....and I want everyone involved......tell us about your work

Holla
    test
  3. quotive

quotive 3

Well, I was watching Def Poetry Jam, the episode where Alicia Keys performed... and man, she had a dope ass poem. I wanted to write one better, so I got the idea from her. I know I'm a very repetitive writer, but what people don't understand that when I do, it involves a new idea. This poem is influenced by addiction of trying to find the perfect person. No matter how bad you've hut someone, they're by your side. They've never left you, that's what this poem represents. It has a lot of symbolism to it, and that's what make the poem stand out from my regular love poetry. It's different, abstract, but at the same time border-line concrete. Pink is a girl color, I guess, but I like pink. I thought pink was a perfect color for what I was saying. It kind of expresses my love for females. If you're font/color doesn't match your poem (IMO) the poem means nothing to you. It's all about the way you express yourself.

I have a question for Bhitiah btw...

Is your PMS episode done with? I was scared... lol
    test
  4. UFO the Phoenix

^HAHAHAHA....good question I'm curious too Bhitiah?

But naw on the real thanks for breaking that down and adding to the mag....now your poem makes more sense to me giving birth to even new respect for that piece

props
    test
  5. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

Man UFO, Imma have to read that piece again then, because I had a feeling it might be about sex but...I wasn't sure...We'll peep it again!

I have a question for Mind $oul....Wow...uh...I really appreciate your work...Are you working on any projects as of now? Books, Audio,etc??

and where is twinkletoes??
    test
  6. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I'm enjoying college life.......I'll be back. Believe that.
    test
  7. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

It wasnt PMS, I just dont like you.
    test
  8. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

where you going to college man.. im going to southeasttech bro...

and as for oddie you got way too much time on your hands bro... lol Ill share my experiences with you just ask away...
    test
  9. AlmostFamous

your honesty is always valued on this site.... haha
    test
  10. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

South Dakota State University.
    test
  11. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Open Mag-I like that. I thought this was an actual magazine you put together, but after reading through this the concept has slowly come to me. Good idea, glad to see it come alive. Interesting questions, I'm wondering about some of them myself.

Yeah Quotive digs his pink-but I do have to admit (and be more specific) I think pink is alright, it is in my closet on some of my hangers-but it just screams "GIRL!" out to me.

Luther's poem is one of my absolute favorites for some reason. I nominated it for poem of the month.

lpoet has been away for a looonnnng minute, as far as posting his work here. WE MISS YOU
    I miss reading Chyll's work as well. Everybody's growing up! I'm glad to see Eloquent is around. I haven't read your poem yet, but Happy Birthday Elo :thumb:

I don't really have anything much to say. UFO has been an observer lately, more than me (shocker)

Much Love people(s)
    test
  12. RealMS

to UFO:

you know that cd you mailed to me? Well the intro track, the one with you talking. That instrumental goes wonderfully with Shivering Eyelids. I need to go back and read that again too.
    test
  13. LadyL257

LadyL257 New Member

a question to all poets

now i know that most of you's read what i write..and at first i was a little afraid to put my poems up here because i thought they was to like... lol whats the word... like... i dont wanna say young but "under level" because i dont use metaphors or similies..like some people dont like readin poems easy based... my poems usually is about love or depression or what ever i see or been through basically young lady teenage life... and when i write... my style is different basically...now most the poets on here i say is "Top Notched" with what they write... like i sit here and read everyone's work and im like "Damn i wish i could write like that." because most of you's on here right some real shit... like with me i have to rhyme when i write my poetry...even when i write in my joural/diary i find myself rhyming in it... some of the poem here dont rhyme but it has you like.... agreeing to what the person's revealing....

Question Is...
    how did you come about to writing how you do?
    what inspiers you to write?
    and...(((BE HONEST))) do you think i can improve on how i write...?

because metaphorically and writin them similies... i just cant...come direct with them.. i want too and i try too...but i just dont do it right....

all poets stay up 1 luv n keep writing ;-)

p.s In september...hmmm Im prolly gunna bring a more lyrical side of me...Maybe Im too emtional and Loved Out/In Right now ;-)...and also ChyllTyrant... i havent spoke to him inawhile... i called him last week to see if i could go 2 the studio with him but no one picked up... i know he's goin through somethings....ima try and call him later on in the week see whats up.
    test
  14. iceheart

iceheart The Frozen Poet

my return goes silently unnoticed. which is not necessarily a bad thing, as a good friend of mine once taught me. perhaps you know him? xero satsujin, yeah, that guy.

hes in NY or Japan atm, he changed his alias to nangui kai instead of satsujin kai -

fyi - satsujin means assassin, kai means king.
    his new name means black king.

i will talk to him and try to convince him to come back.

and j/w, what is the number of threads that stay on the board? i mean, would some of my really old stuff be way in the back? or is it all deleted?
    test
  15. UFO the Phoenix

^word you know Xero?...you must be one of the old heads...I'll keep an eye out for your work

Realms:

word I think that make a sick spoken word after flowing with it....gonna get it memorized and bust it on one of these open mics

LadyL:

To answer your question honestly I wrote an eassy back in 9th grade about guns...I turned the whole essay into a rap song/poem....and read it to the class everyone flipped out so I kept writing ever since...and got better....EVERYTHING inspires me to write....things that I notice that I dont like and wish to change....or things that I see that amaze me....God....all kinda things....and I do think you can improve your writing...you write better then I did when I was 18 so that should tell ya something....if you stick with it you can only improve....I reccomend trying new styles...reading other great poets....exploring your personal voice ya know.....ya get it sooner or later...actually you already have the gift just need to unwrap it ya know
    test
  16. ManMadeofAshes

ManMadeofAshes *DREAMER

Manmadeofashes…the guy you love to hate….and might hate to love....either way he has left an impact on you somehow....if you haven’t read any of his work then you need to stop what your doing and get over to one of his pieces….the guy has a style of his own….no rules....Ashes how do you come up with ideas for your poems?

they come from the welcome of suffering :(
    test
  17. quotive

quotive 3

it's my birthday today.

i'm cool. lol
    test
  18. AlmostFamous

happy birthday^^
    test
  19. ManMadeofAshes

ManMadeofAshes *DREAMER

damn kid if I knew it was your birthday I would have gotten you a nice warm glass of shut the hell up!
    test
  20. RealMS

LadyL, I think the exact same as you when it comes to the people of the Realm so don't be so hard on yourself girl :thumb: seriously.

If one can read-and not just scan/skim
    and
    If one can write

everything else is extra. Much of my stuff doesn't rhyme when its "supposed" to. Lately I've been writing in meter though and I don't really favor it too much, I'm trying not to force anything. Keeping a journal is a good thing too. Or just write down a sudden thought that you get. Like when I'm in class and my teacher is lecturing in world history class, I start thinking all kind of things. Whatever you do, keep on writing. My biggest problem is writing when I feel I don't want to. I always say I'll let it come to me, but ehh it gets aggravating sometimes. Just builds up and when you finally do go to write it it's harder.

Happy 17th Birthday Quotive. I remember when I turned 17 you told me too. hahahahaha

Iceheart--the other day I was looking at some of the older poems here and I saw your name back in 2003. I knew your name was familiar but I wasn't here back then.

Anyways, peaaace
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.