Open letter to George Zimmerman

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Bad Dude, Jul 16, 2013.

1. 6th Cents

6th Cents Member

just get over it.. people die everyday for less jeez..
    test
  2. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

Zimmerman not gonna get gunned down by no random ass black person face that shit and move on
    test
  3. Saru Beats

Saru Beats R.I.P. Point Game

In 2 weeks none of you dumb fucks are even going to be paying attention to this and all of the law degrees you all suddenly obtained a week ago will disappear and you can talk about more shit you don't know about when it becomes popular on channel 12.
    test
  4. Bad Dude

Bad Dude Are you bad enough?

And Somewhere in between there you still won't have any talent.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    test
  5. x calibur

x calibur

true, but I think he'll have to lay low for awhile.
    test
  6. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

You lot are so fickle he'll be gone within a year.

Comparing him a nfl star who kept committing crimes/being on tv etc is stupid. Obviously
    test
  7. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

I see it this way. In a year, people will forget about him. As in, it won't be on the forefront of their minds any more. The death threats and the like will mostly stop.

But anytime someone ever sees him, they will remember. They'll only forget as long as he's not in our faces. But his life will never be the same. Which I'm personally glad of.
    test
  8. Saru Beats

Ohhhh, he mad, rofllll
    test
  9. 6th Cents

6th Cents Member

so what? get in his face n get blasted. look what happen to the black kid. they don't want to do that.. he'll be aite.
    test
  10. Bad Dude

no, not really

youre the one that continues to hate black ppl all while participating in the music created by them

i'm actually amused tbfwy
    test
  11. KnockT

KnockT Member

Posted this note on facebook regarding how people are reacting to the case.

-------------

In wake of the non-guilty verdict given to George Zimmerman just days ago, I've been upset about it. I've questioned friends about it, somehow searching for answers that would satiate my hunger of understanding just how this could possibly happen. Though, truthfully, it was probably me just venting to people who probably haven't paid any attention to it, or even if they knew about it, wouldn't have anything new or insightful to say that I haven't heard a billion times to put my mind at ease.

I suppose I should preface this with, I knew that he wouldn't be convicted of second degree murder before the trial even started. This isn't because I felt that there was lack of evidence, but rather, because I didn't have much faith in 5 white jurors and 1 Hispanic, all over 50 years old.

But when manslaughter got introduced into the case, I began to feel 50/50. Part of me feeling "Surely, you can find him guilty of manslaughter for shooting and killing an unarmed teen". The other part quickly putting my entire mind back in check with, "This is Florida. Casey Anthony, bro". So yeah, that's where I stood, but at least I felt the odds increased exponentially that Zimmerman could be convicted.

Anyway, I'm at work, I'm online, I'm wherever and people are talking about the case and I'm often asked the same question...

"Why do you care so much?"

I absolutely hate when I'm asked this. It's the old adage, "It doesn't affect you, so why do you care?"

Well, because it does affect me. As a human being with thoughts, feelings, friends, family, and beliefs, this affects me. I do not subscribe to the idea that if I'm not involved in something personally, in no way, shape, or form should I believe that I can or should make a difference. It's a fatalistic approach and it's one of the reason change moves so slowly.

But what's even more enraging about that question is, it's often followed up with "This is what you should REALLY care about. Not this piddly-ass case where one kid got shot. Obama is bombing civilians in the Middle East. Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden! The NSA! What about how police handled the Chris Dorner situation? What about all the black kids dying in Chicago? Don't forget about Syria!".

As if they believe that I'm either completely unaware of these things going on, or that I simply don't care about them. As if they know the amount of time I spend reading up on these things, or talking/listening to others about them. It's this elitist, asshole thing to do to tell me to stop thinking about this case (that JUST finished…I mean, less than 24 hours ago when I'm getting this said to me) because you want to talk about all the stuff YOU (and I!) pay attention to.

Congratulations, you're a well-rounded person who stays up on the news. That or you like to play the part because you're tired of all these Trayvon supporters. My money is that the bulk is of the latter, but that's a different issue.

But just because these other happenings are occurring right now, does not dismiss the legitimacy of the people's outrage over this case and it's ruling. It absolutely does not. This is a relatable case for black parents and black youth, placed on television for all of America to see. In an era where I'm told racism is either over, or not a big deal in America anymore because Barack Obama was elected President twice. As if one man being elected to the highest office completely counteracts all or most of the internal prejudices people have had for decades. As if his Presidency completely wipes out the fact that segregation ended less than 50 years ago. My grandparents were alive. My PARENTS were alive.

"Why this case? What makes this one so important?"

I could pick out a litany of other cases to get up in arms about, you're right. So could the media, definitely. But tell me the reasoning behind NOT caring about this one while you continue to NOT care about all of the other ones? "If you're going to be this upset, you had better get upset about all the other ones just as much!" As if we're offered all of the information we've been given in this case. As if me caring about this case means that I DON'T care about the other ones. Who are you? Do you even go here?

Here's the point. This case is a microcosm of the American justice system that is not geared to help black people. Whether it's this case, Sean Bell's or Marissa Alexander's.

Anyone that wants to argue that Zimmerman was treated unfairly and that this would've never even gone to trial had he been black and Trayvon been white (I'm looking at you, Zimmerman Defense Attorney O'Mara) is ridiculous and someone who could not be more out of touch with the real world. As John Oliver of the Daily Show sarcastically notes, "if there's one thing that our justice system is notorious for is how lenient it is on black people". I won't even entertain you with that. It took the man a month and a half to even get arrested. I think that says it all.

I could go further into all of this and explain why I believe Zimmerman was guilty, but that's just beating a dead horse at this point. It was beating a dead horse a week after the murder happened, honestly, but that's not what this is about.

I care because it's important to care. I care because I have friends that could've been Trayvon. I have friends whose parents could've been Trayvon's parents. I care because it is indicative of a bigger problem. I care because it unfolded as it did on national television and I'm still being told to STOP caring or to NOT care about this and care about something else.

I also care because I will never, ever be Trayvon Martin. I will never, ever have to be afraid of being attacked at night for looking suspicious. I will never, ever be nationally scrutinized for what I did as a teenager and high school student, even if I was killed for no good reason.

I will never, ever be Trayvon Martin.

I will never, EVER be Trayvon Martin.

And that's precisely why I care, and not why I shouldn't.

-------------------

TL;DR: I got feelings.
    test
  12. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

Fucking hippies
    test
  13. Saru Beats

Quick make it 'racist' as fast as possible. I said something about crime as a white person, must be 'racist'.

Read a book, learn something, and stop setting your people back with your ignorant outlashes.
    test
  14. x calibur

x calibur

who ever heard of doing a crazy thing like that?
    test
  15. Maggie

Maggie Well-Known Member

I don't think he will get the real "black man experience" because he is a cult hero to a very large segment of this population. There are a lot of people out there willing to donate money to him, pay his legal fees, etc, etc and I am sure that at some point one of these crazy fools will offer him a job of some sort. Some super conservative southern NRA member or some shit.

Other than that, yeah he will have to live in "hiding" for some time.

At the end of the day nobody is going to try and take his life... just like nobody has killed any of these other people who were found not guilty and everyone swore someone would kill them. People will eventually forget or stop caring.
    test
  16. Bad Dude

im far more educated than you

whether that be a classroom, or life period, you fucking peasant.
    test
  17. brother mouzone

brother mouzone Well-Known Member

Uh its way worse than that. Shit just isnt Being reported because she's a old white lady.
    test
  18. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

this got out of hand quick!!:flaccoface:
    test
  19. Bad Dude

i read all the reports and i still dont care

she a crotchity old bitch from marietta, Ga

its expected.
    test
  20. brother mouzone

brother mouzone Well-Known Member

Just did a google search and most reports got her calling someone a nlgger while being held at gun point and making jokes in the kitchen.

If thats what you read and believe then you really dont know why she's being sued and dropped by all her sponsors
    test