Only Two Hundred Years to Live

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by KOzS, Jan 12, 2014.

1. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

What would you do?

I notice, as people get older, their age becomes more of a reason to stagnate; to do nothing. People say things like "live like it's your last day", or "what if you had only twenty-four hours to live?" That's supposed to motivate you, but reality seems to contradict the concept.
    test
  2. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

I bought my Grandmother a Wii for Christmas. I know she isn't using it though, because it's a "contraption". She just sits there watching TV all day. She's very health conscious, always talking about the new vitamin or exercise on Dr. Oz, but what about mental health? I'm going to have to go there and help her get into gaming.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

mental health should be top priority these days seeing as weve ignored it for so long and now were being experimented on through advertising.

so this 200 years, were assuming we would age at a rate congruent with 200yrs, an also are we assuming everyone lives those 200yrs or just me? I feel like the answer would influence my decision. I feel like id slow right down more than i have. Knowing i had 200 years, id assume then too that my expectations in life would be different than now. Right now we live like 80yrs, so my psycology is built around knowing that at some point "soon" ill be old and unable to do stuff. If i had 200 years my peak would be around 100yrs of age I would still be considered a kid. Because i have barely lived for a quarter of my life so far....so would i be younger looking than now? like im over 30, im gonna die by 90. Im grown. If i was to live to 200 at 30 would i still look like i do now at 30? or would i be like a child still?

anyways 200yrs of life is exciting to me. Id try and study everything i could. I feel like the extra time would take some weight off the mind and allow me to open up more and relax.
    test
  4. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Yeah, same. I doubt it would mobilize me the way the twenty-four hours question is meant to do, but the twenty-four hours question has people giving reckless answers.

And yeah, about aging, or any other questions, just make your own assumption and answer accordingly.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I think it would be fantastic and thinking about it makes me want it to happen.

i think id become a fulltime student lol
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i wake up every day thinking i'll die. about halfway through the day i feel like i'll never die.

200 years would be awesome if everyone could live that long, because if not, i'd have to suffer through generations of my family coming and going yet i linger. but, regardless of the situation, i would enjoy life immensely more as i love to learn and travel and experience shit. exciting.
    test
  7. King Dex

King Dex Neos Helios

Silly question to pose to an immortal.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. Pyro_Tecknik

Pyro_Tecknik Rager

Same thing.

Live in the now as it comes. Fully explore my interests whatever they may be at the time.

Do whatever the fuck I want.
    test
  9. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

I would make a video game. A dress up game. An advanced tactical RPG strategy game.
    test