Online dating is a disaster..

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Jul 31, 2013.

1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

...dates in general with clueless guys are disasters...what's going on out there?

Are women choosing all the wrong men, or are men just clueless about how to treat a woman?

Or...both?
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  3. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Women dont know what they want.
    • -Rep -Rep x 2
    test
  4. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

Despite the neg Geedorah is right. It's not just men that are messing things up. And if women know what they want they change it shortly thereafter anyways.
    test
  5. higher logic

higher logic Member

men are clueless and women don't know what they want or how to communicate it directly.

you didn't describe the situation much, but I know when I was younger I had problems with permission where girls would want me to take control & I would be too polite and respectful... so now I beat it up, but the moral of the story is I feel you lol.
    test
  6. Geedorah

Geedorah King

We are clueless because women are changing their mind every 5 min.
    One day this thing works, next day they get pissed when we do that thing.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  7. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

My opinion, based on watching what my friends go through, is that women do indeed have a pretty good idea of what they want. The problem is when they meet a man, they try to find the things that fit into the picture in their head of what they want, and make excuses for/settle for the things that don't fit.

Or, they just plain try to change the things that don't fit into things that do.

Pretty sure the guys lose interest when this happens.

They also lose interest when they find the woman to be needy.clingy/immature etc..
    test
  8. KingoftheTrill

KingoftheTrill I sell Cocaine and Cocaine Accessories

I don't consider myself a reclamation project. Guys aren't supposed to be "buy them and fix them up" assets. Girls need to think about guys at their present value and not what they "can be"

Then again if I ever started listening/caring what women think I'd be stuck doing it the rest of my life. That's how they get you.
    test
  9. higher logic

higher logic Member

sounds like your friends are making shit way too complicated...

do you have fun together?

is he cool?

is he trynna do something with his life?

then what's not to like?

nobody is gonna be that person you imagine in your head

news flash: your friends ain't that person these guy's imagine in their head

the girl in my head has a huge ass, a spanish accent, dresses good, has a six pack, gives awesome bj's, can make a hell of a sammich, understands my neurotic complicated self dialogue, reads books & comes with a puppy..

is any girl gonna match that criteria? probably not, but I'll accept a girl for who she is if I have fun with her.
    test
  10. MissBreezy

I hear ya. I'm sure everyone has preferences, but you're right...it's all about compatability.

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it.
    test
  11. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Wait, what is online dating, how do you do that?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  12. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

to be "overly" with your significant other in a way that only the two of you understand. being needy, clingy, immature, all of that in a mutual, or reciprocated manner.

"the need to be needed."

i just don't get it, everyone's tryin to prove they don't care, or that they aren't as in love, and it makes no sense.

some call it ego stoking, but if the feeling is mutual, and im being needy with her, then whats the issue?
    test
  13. MissBreezy

Most everyone wants to be needed, deserves to be. Trying to prove they don't care is a defense mechanism as far as I'm concerned, in an attempt to avoid hurting.

If the feeling is mutual and both parties are ok with neediness, then so be it. Your reply is one that comes from a longer term relationship point of view, as I see it (correct me if I'm wrong). I was looking at it from a first date/new relationship angle. If after a day (or two or three) he/she texts dozens of times, gets upset if there is no reply, has to suddenly spend every moment with you or talk to you or need to be hugged/held/coddled/complimented every second....that's excessive and usually a turn off for the opposite sex.
    test
  14. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

that makes sense. but i dont know much about online dating. and i think i qualify for the scenario you described, because when i finally meet someone cool, that's offline, i'm excited because the internet wasn't involved and i end up being overly excited because to me it's a sign of life.

i know its a turn off when someone is on the other person. but i get tired of people sayin' "nothing's guaranteed, tomorrow's not promised..." but they're too cool to love or be loved.

i'd rather be with someone til i'm sick of them, than be sick because they're not around.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

lol..
    test
  16. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Men are idiots.

My suggestion is to look up "pick up artists" techniques, like the red pill. That way, you know what to look for and can spot a loser a mile away.

There are some good guys out there, but they're few and far between. I suggest playing for the other team.
    test
  17. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

Manslation:

"Waaaaaaaah

The high-status males my entitled personality thinks I deserve don't pursue me.

I hate biology.

I hate men for not being the way I want them to be.

Most of all - I hate myself"
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Could you suck my clit any harder? I swear I've never met anyone more obsessed with The House than you. Pathetic, mortal.
    test
  19. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

what about airline food?

;) men are from mars women are from venus
    test
  20. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

It's simple to sum up.

Both sides suck and need to find middle ground.

Guys are unwavering pragmatists and women are blindly and naively idealistic.

The best, most successful couples find a median between these extremes. That's why I would place understanding above all else in a relationship including trust.
    test