One Of My Beats Was Used By Dipset!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by S. Alpha, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

how many of them are for producing tho? jus curious
    test
  2. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Yea....at this point, I would just promote the hell outta it and let EVERYBODY know that I did it. A lot people, especially rappers, are like "oh yeah, you fuck'd with Dipset?? What's ya contact??" and that's business right there...affiliations mean everything in the rap game.
    test
  3. FAMU

FAMU New Member

Yeah, it may sounds gay to you.
    But something keeps telling me that
    I really shoudn´t care about
    what some Premiza thinks about my name.
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

you dont get it do you...it aint the fact that his "work" was stolen.....

just the fact that he would pursue dipset by sueing them on a mixtape track would get his ass raped.....dude would be black balled like a mofo.....NO ONE WOULD WORK WITH HIM.......

hes better off chasing dipset down and saying....hey....thats mine.....lets do more work....then saying....hey thats mine.......give me money.....

this is the HIP HOP game....not the POP game.....you dont get stripes or respect by sueing people......that instead gets you a lost of respect and value

come on man...and you talkin bout album credits......

i KNOW you aint talkin bout your beats......OR your mixing..cause neither is good
    test
  5. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

really, name some albums uve made beats for
    test
  6. C.G.

C.G. C.G. Productionz

haha u makin moves and u didnt even know it. good shit tho. who cares about the money, like evry1 else said promote it. dont sue dipset either. maybe if they see ure cool and shit theyll buy shit for albums.
    test
  7. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

You son yourself everytime you open your mouth. You still haven't been able to come back in and say why/how sueing would benefit this cat at all.

You don't know shit fam. And you can keep talkin about your damn credentials, but really doesn't seem to mean shit when you open your mouth with ignorance all the time.

As NOVA said, read off yoru album credits.

Production wise, seeing how this is a discussion revolving around beat makers. Not some damn "I was the soundman at a show for Luda two years ago" bullshit you pulled last time either.
    test
  8. S. Alpha

S. Alpha RM.COM NURTURED ME

Yeah man, that's what I'm doin, promotin the hell out of it and tryi nto get at Dipset. Shit, I look at this as a step closer, and I'm not on no sueing type of shit
    test
  9. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Good shit fam...good shit
    test
  10. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

one or two...but they were traditional production, not this hip hop "i made a beat so i'm a producer now" bullshit
    hip hop = pop music...when 1/2 the billboard top 100 is hip hop, hip hop IS pop, and dipset is as pop as hip hop gets

anyways, at least go at them and get credit for your work...

lmao @ my mixing not being good...people don't pay me $40+/hour to mix for them because I suck at it

monitor man, last august...

anyways, sueing him would show that your
    a) serious about your work, and don't fuck around when it comes to people stealing it
    and
    b) that you don't give a fuck if they're famous or not, which is a BIG deal...people don't want to work with you if you act like a 12 year old girl because they used your shit

bottom line is that your shit was stolen, now, instead of trying to at least get them to say they used it, you're acting like a 12 year old girl because they robbed your ass. yeah, it may help your career with internet rappers and the odd "underground famous" rapper, but in the real industry, you'll get laughed at because you don't take yourself serious enough to at least go after something that's yours.

the only way going after them would be a bad idea is if you didn't actually own the beat, ie. you sampled something and didnt clear it.

if you've registered it with ascap/bmi/socan/whatever your performing rights society is, then they basically HAVE to give you credit for it, or else the performing rights society will be on their ass and they'll loose their royalties
    test
  11. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

one or two on what? trust me ive done dipset mixtape songs they dont pay u, only for album cuts, it works the same on ANY album they only pay u if they use ur song for an album.
    test
  12. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

The fuck you gonna sue them for?

You can only sue for money made and they're not making any through mixtapes (well, not officially).
    test
  13. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

fine, don't go after money then, but AT LEAST go after credit...he said they didn't even credit him, or didn't ask his permission to use the beat

legally, they have to get permission from the owner to use it, or else they can't. clearly they didn't

i've done production for a couple rock bands, and i'm currently working with a hip hop artist who's doing all acoustic tracks (ie. live instruments). i'm both producing and engineering his album

anyways, as an engineer i work with producers daily when it comes to studio work, both the hip hop producer and the traditional producer, so just because i don't have a billion and a half production credits does not mean i don't understand the production side of things...i just prefer to be an engineer over being a producer
    test
  14. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

So what the fuck you gonna do? Sue for a injunction to keep them from using the song?

How corny is that?
    test
  15. H20

H20 New Member

If I were u....I would....

1...call that contact back....

2...ask if u can send in the beat tracked out (if not too late)....

3...tell them to send u the mixed version back...

4...promote the shit out of it....

5...win-win for everybody.
    test
  16. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

I've sidelined, and rebuttled, on a couple of debates about "the industry" I've seen you in...and you seem to have no idea about a lot of shit outside of paper and mixers. Seriously, get out the studio a bit and learn hustling from an up-and-comer's perspective.

Get laughed at in the industry? No diss to the man, but he ain't that large yet to worry about that, he's trying to get known right now. Hell Royce stole a beat from Kanye, Copywrite fucked iCON the Mic King on a beat, Alchemist...all these dudes get put in situations like that. For them it's fucked up, but does anyone take the less seriously? No. So why would someone take a new comer who's trying to get his name up less seriously because they didn't make the most pointless and annoying lawsuit a Hip Hop cat can make? Getting credit? For a mixtape track? He won't get paid for? Sampled? Come on fam...

And peep what you said. You came in talkin some sueing shit, everyone else has been saying what you just now specified. Getting credit for his shit at least. You don't need to go and say I'ma sue unless you give me credit. Everyone is so damn litigious these days.

Hell, him going through the work of getting credit and contacting cats will probably be a blessing in disguise. Just being able to know cats within the scheme of things outside of the music to help weave himself INTO the "industry" and make further noise.

Blah
    test
  17. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

you could always just whoop they ass like Littles is gonna do to JR Writer
    test
  18. J.Mack

J.Mack Highly Under-rated

Yeah, be happy fam....I mean, shit, ppl like INFO get jacked by local jokers who make wack ass songs on hot ass beats....lol...I met a group of ppl who made at least 15 songs off INFO and Sho-down beats.....lmao....Gettin jacked happens...Big boyz actually ask those two for beats now.

at least some nigga jacked u and gave it to dipset....U should find out who did it and make him your Manager if anything....lol...
    test
  19. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

hahahahahah TRUTH
    test
  20. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

This means they would probly most likely take a beat tape from yours more seriously and actually listen to it.

If they got shit to your beats, they might listen to some more of ya shit

Get the info and send them a beat tape, hopefully they fuck with you for an album track
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.