one more example of storage being important

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by deadweather, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

How so?

I only paid $50 for 12 months.
    test
  2. deadweather

deadweather ******

i paid $0 for 10 years
    test
  3. Radium

Radium f k

thats the slave mentality micro$soft wants you to have. You're over here happy to be paying money. grow a spine.
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I just cancelled my XBOXlive last night. They were getting ready to charge me again, I aint had a 360 in over a year. My god, what a hassle, they want every single form of identification you could ever imagine.

I forgot the last 4 digits of the card I signed on with, since it was over 2 years ago, and I paid the card off and threw it out, I wound up cursing out some asain bitch and her supervisor.
    test
  5. deadweather

deadweather ******

what a bunch of pricks
    test
  6. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

My spine is strong and I don't mind paying 50 a year, it's not much money to me.

Personally I think you're just stubborn towards spending any of your cash to enjoy yourself. Besides, ps3 has shitty games with shittier online, I've had PSN for years on ps2 and it was crap.

Live is a ton better and I am a huge fan of sony so it's no bias towards it, especially since I really disliked the original xbox.

Eventually sony wont be free, if this "home" thing is a huge success they will find a way to milk you for your cash just like all major corporations, yes microsoft is evil but sony isn't innocent either.
    test
  7. deadweather

deadweather ******

how old are you? you're not a bad person, i'm not gonna sit here and name call you, but you're not making a lot of sense.

lol @ eventually sony won't be free.
    what fucking crystal ball do you own?
    FREE has been part of sony's strategy from the get go. home is free. its part of their strategy to create a tightly knit online community.

there was no PSN on ps2. PSN wasn't implemented until ps3/psp.
    ps2 had online capability, but it was up to the developer to maintain any servers to play on. because ps2's didnt launch with online capability, few developers took advantage of it, and sony didn't mandate it.

you couldn't talk out of your ass any louder man. holy shit.

its not about innocence.

the fact of the matter is that nobody should ever have to pay for online access. sony has the right strategy. thats why when microsoft tried to implement 'games for windows LIVE!' it failed and they had to make it free, computer gamers dont put up with having to pay online period. unless its an mmo.

you may enjoy xbox live! i'm not doubting its a good service, but you're still paying for something that should be free.

you mention guilt, but who is sony exploiting?
    if xbox360 has an 8 years in their lifecylce left, thats $400 i'm keeping in my pocket ($50 per year). i'll pass on that.
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Huh? My road runner is 60 bucks a month. The 4 bucks a month Microsoft charges in comparison seems like a good deal to me. Although, Sony is killin them with the browser and all...but 50 bucks a year is next to nothing.
    test
  9. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Exactly what i'm saying, it's not that big of a deal with the features that come with it.

Oh I thought ps2 online was known as psn too lol, but yea I didn't really like it though I ended up really enjoying battlefield on it.

I figure sony will begin to charge because the expenses lost on ps3, Now I know ps2 went through a similar fate and overcame it but ps3 seems to have lost them more money, thats just my theory, take it how you like.

BtW, anyone play condemned2 on live?
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

how old are you dragon?
    i'm not gonna clown on you or anything, just curious.

anyway yeah the online feature was barely used on ps2, the only games that took advantage of it was like a few skating games, ff11, and socom.

every company takes a hit (except nintendo) in terms of hardware sales.
    the xbox division of microsoft is only NOW turning a profit.
    and sony computer entertainment is only now turning a profit with the ps3.
    they're not going to charge shit. free is part of their strategy:

http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/news/2006/10/71982
    test
  11. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

50 dollars a year for x-box live I can play several games. 12.99 a month for WoW only one game, and 15 for FF11 and it's still only one game.

4 dollars a month for xbl compared to nearly 30 I'm paying to play the other ones.

Money isn't a big deal to me. But you can ask anyone in the industry that has some knowledge on both systems, and in my opinion XBL > PSN.
    test
  12. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

test
  13. deadweather

deadweather ******

you're reading it out of context.
    i don't mean online access in terms of an ISP
    i mean nobody should have to pay to play online.

i should have worded it differently.
    test
  14. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Then WOW wouldn't make any money, or any of the pay per month titles out there.
    test
  15. deadweather

deadweather ******

of course there are exceptions, pay to play services make sense.
    they maintain servers that serve millions of users.
    when you make a server on live or psn, the users host their own games. the developer only helps make the connection between the prospective player and the host.
    thats fine, you like paying $50 a year
    i aint knocking you
    test
  16. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Thats cool and all but doesn't live and psn keep their own servers up and we just host games on them or do they just provide the connection between eachother?

Because ffXI is on ps2-ps3 and I think Live (might be wrong) and that game is pay per month as well.
    test
  17. deadweather

deadweather ******

like i said, they help facilitate the connection between user created servers and players.
    the developers dont run any servers really. the developers do not host games/servers.

developers run the servers for mmo's. they run the servers that the subscribers play on, especially since they need to regulate it heavily. that is why they charge for usage. imagine their bandwidth costs.

ffxi is on ps2/ps3/windows/360.

do you understand the difference

charging live users $50 is free money for microsoft because it is free revenue. they even mandate live features on every xbox game still if i'm not mistaken.
    test
  18. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Quick question if no one runs servers on X-Box Live.

How does the marketplace get upgraded with different things?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.