One exercise i've never done is

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by INKonspikuouz, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

EZ bar curls or straight bar curls. i can't do them. i get this horrible pain in my forearms. it feels the same way as shin splints does. i know its just muscle tearing from the bone as i curl and i've tried resting it and coming back to trying barbell curls. but the pain comes back. so i never included them in my workout. actually i do you a straight bar while doing preacher curls. thats okay. but standing is a no no. too fucking sore. anyone ever get this pain or know how to over come it?
    test
  2. GammoN

GammoN Sole Survivor of the DOJO

Try doing wrist curls to strengthen your forearms so you can do curls better..either that or use a lighter weight than what you usually do..
    test
  3. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

get one of those hand gripper things that you squeeze.

mad forearm strength and grip power and from what I can tell allows for more blood flow to the forearms.

could work for you.
    test
  4. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

I have a problem with bar curls too. Its in my left hand, it gets extremely sore sometimes in the thumb section of my palm. If I press on it then it gets really painful. Sometimes its there and sometimes its not. It got so bad last week that I had to wear an ace bandage to bed. But now this week its not too sore. Its off and on like that.

Anyone know what this is?
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

For forearm strength, make a wrist roller, yeah yeah. Get a broom, or piece of PVC piping, whatever, about 12 inches long. Drill a hole in the middle, put rope through the hole, tie it so it can't come through the hole. Tie the other end of the rope to a weight, and roll it up. Google it, find better instructions with pictures probably, but that's the jist.
    [​IMG]
    test
  6. INKonspikuouz

i already include wrist curls and reverse wrist curls in my work out. my forearms are pretty strong. and they have a wrist roller in my gym that i use. the pain just stays. i tried using the bar yesterday. i even tried it with just 20 and 30 kgs on it and its still sore. its only not sore when i do preacher curls. think i might go to a physiotherpist and see whats up cause its an exercise i hate missing out on
    test
  7. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

I heard of something like this before, it's kinda like shin splints but only in the arms.

Don't really know what to tell ya.
    test
  8. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

damn bro i got the exact same pain in my forearms when im doing that weight pull up u know where u train your shoulder and neck muscles i dont even know whats its called what is it called? maybe its that EZ bar curls ..that shit caused me unendurable pain i had to stop doing that exercise for a few weeks currently i can do them again without pain but i wonder if its coming back..
    test
  9. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Sorry for the stupid question, but what's an ez bar curl?
    test
  10. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

curls using the bar below...

[​IMG]

I think they're MAD comfortable. Maybe not as much as dumbell curls, but moreso than straigh barbell curls.

If you really want to thicken up the inner head of the bicep I'd suggest closer grip EZ bar curls (hands on the innermost 45 degree angle part of the bar).
    test
  11. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

them shits is hard as fuck.
    test
  12. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

I have no problem curling with that bar...

I too think it's more comfortable than the straight bar.
    test
  13. INKonspikuouz

yeah its designed to be more comfortable than the straight bar. i think its something to do with the symmetry of my forearms and upper arms through the elbows. well so this guy was telling me in the gym. when i curl with a barbell my arms dont seem to go up straight or slightly inwards like most people, instead they go out a little bit and put more pressure on my wrists as my biceps aren't supporting the weight as they should be. i was looking in the mirror while just curling with my arms. he could be right.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.