"Omg, you eat carbs?!"

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Is not the reaction I'm looking for when ordering in a restaurant.

Since anorexia on a plate and bulimia in a bowl weren't on the menu, yes, of course I'll have normal dishes.

Even those with carbs.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

explain
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

Yesterday I had a hella busy day. Errands to run, and no time to get home and cook. Hence went to the restaurant to grab something quickly.

My usual waiter was busy, so this waitress comes over (stick thin, btw), and I told her my order. Followed by a few seconds of silence and then with an almost appalled expression she went "OMG, you're going to eat carbs?!"

There's no way of foreseeing that pokerface.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

But you aren't 'big'....there is nothing sexy about being stick skinny
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

^Agreed. It's sad seeing women dieting/starving themselves to be stick thin in order to please some sort of distorted ideal..
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Plus stick skinny chick rarely have any kind of boobage....
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

Curves >>>
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Yea i knew you'd agree....i know you got some sinister curves on you as well
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

:scared: ...perhaps.
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

waitresses shouldnt be trying to talk customers out of food they order... Id fire her if i was boss.

ive been lucky my whole life and havent had to worry about weight. Im naturally thin. I also have terrible eating habits, so fat, carbs, and calories are the 3 main things i look for when eating.

plus carbs are fine to eatand if youre worried as long as you balance em with some protein youre good, pretty sure its 2:1 protein/carbs...
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Its not just about talking them out of food but it was just rude all together. If Gal had caused a scene, she probably would have been fired and Gal would've gotten a free meal. smh at people tho
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

I'm so used to waiters and waitresses being best merchants as far as desserts and everything delicious goes, that I wasn't expecting that occurrence. Was too shocked to even think getting her fired, tbh.

I've never understood taking a food group out in terms of losing weight; since I doubt it rarely helps long-term. I'm 1/3 Italian, and like to eat good sans having to worry about calories.
    test
  14. GaLaTeA

I'll avoid causing scenes at all costs, the only time one person had to be...um, dragged out of a place, was in a bank a while back...but that's a long story.
    test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Yea i've threaten people at a bank....equally long story lol
    test
  16. GaLaTeA

^This I gotta hear...:popcorn:
    test
  17. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

let's just say i'm not a fan of Bank of America :funny:
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

But...but I got the popcorn out.. :(

Gotcha.
    test
  19. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

They were double charging me for things and when i brought it to their attention, they said "We understand that it is flawed but that's how our system works" I almost choked her out
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

Hopefully you got refunded for what they overcharged you.

Mine went a tad differently..

There still comes a time, when I have to physically appear in a bank, because the electronic path is open only to a limited set of services. And last time I was standing in line at the counter for a little over an hour, and when I got to the window, the employee found out, that I'll need another form from the window across from the one where I were.

Since I obviously did my waiting time of bank thrall, the employee told me to come right after I get the form needed and pass the line. However, there was also a line at the second window, so before I came back to my original one, the line of people waiting has already changed. "Madam, you do not see the line?" asked a visibly enraged lady in her late forties. I thought, why not at least put down on the floor those ten pounds she carried in her shopping bag, since she clearly couldn't put down the thirty around her waist.

Notwithstanding all I hadn't bothered to explain the situation to the lady mentioned. After all there's a bank employee for that. "I see," I replied, and only briefly joined the line even closer to the window. "And whaaaaaaaaaaat?" she yelled at me with her falsetto, which would result in a surge of anger in even someone who would normally peacefully allow his wife to get a hold of remote control during football finals. Of course I was angry, but in a calm, serious manner turned around to her and kindly said, "Madam, you know, I never wait in lines."

I shall leave it at that, because I don't even know where she was dragged to after being taken away by the bank security, but apparently I can't exactly count on people to understands my sense of humor.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.