Omg Mv8000 Is King!!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by diabolic, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diabolic

diabolic beats for the streets

yesterday I got my free VGA upgrade from Roland.

Its amazing man it also came with a mouse and a Roland Mouse Pad.

I have the MV8 connected to a 16 inch Flat Screen it looks fuckin sick as hell.

the mouse makes editing on the mv simple and fast.

Its a totaly diffrent screen laying out from the main LCD alot more dedication buttons allowing u to quicky zoom in and out of functions u want 2 perform.

u can change the software color like Ableton Live from Blue,Gray,Mint Green,Purple and more,

I truly believe Roland Created the Biggest Beast out in the Market.

Theres nothing like a MV8000 with a mouse and a Huge Flat Screen Monitor connected .

Right now i only have one VGA screen but on wensday im buying a huge 20 inch Flat screen for my MV8000 .
    test
  2. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

If the dopest shit about that is that it works like a computer DAW.....then thats not so dope
    test
  3. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

so u got a new fruity loops in a box - and u spent alot of money on it

whoa
    test
  4. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

And the whole dedicated machine argument gets thrown out due to the fact that the MV 8000 attempts to do A LOT of different things ( Midi Sequencer, Audio Recording, Analog Synth Modeling, etc etc)
    test
  5. I.N.F.O.theking

I.N.F.O.theking haha 80s modanna

^that 9th wonder quote is ill
    test
  6. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

why is nggaz hatin so hard on the MV

i see it this simple.....

its nice to not be imprisoned to that wack ass liquid crystal display when u can hook the bitch up to a monitor........when i copped mine, it came with the VGA adaptor and a 15" flat screen...it was a special goin on at sam ash, so i jumped on it when i got a nice lil bonus from work.....

now i WILL admit, that DAW on there is kinda useless for me because i use WAY more tracks than 8....its coo if u got u a triton rack and a midi controller and u wanna throw somethin together real fast....but 8 tracks aint enough for me...and bouncin tracks over tracks to open more tracks is just GAY .....but dont knock the MV...good machine

and fucka fruity loops...i'm tired of it even being said in the same thread as REAL EQUIPMENT......

fruity loops = hyndai sonata (cheap, good gas mileage, gets you to where u wanna go, garbage engine, garbage output,garbage features, garbage quality, garbage worth)

MV8000 = Bentley Continental Gt (got ya cake up, rockin new suits, time to step ya game up and roll with the big boys, superb quality, superb power, superb features...)

stop tellin nggaz to push hyndais
    test
  7. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

lmao at urb getting pissed at the mention of fruity loops
    test
  8. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

I aint hatin on the machine....but its has not been tried and tested long enough to be crowned king of anything at this point. I feel like its the best machine out for someone that is switching from software. For someone like me that started with hardware, the MV Has way too many intricacies that was killing my workflow, Im not into all in one type gear. I like to be able to count on a piece to do one thing really well, in a well thought out manner. But feature wise, yeah the MV is nice, but you aint gonna sell me on it just cause you can hook a monitor up to it and make it look like a DAW that I already have.
    test
  9. urban_tactics

^dawg i dont understand what ur logic is honestly.........why is it hurtin the machine to have a few more features? i dont get it......primarily its a midi controller....all the other shit is extra....some of it, prolly useless........i dont see no intricacies at all.......its simple as hittin record and bangin on the keys........find a patch, hit record, bang on keys....all that other shit is post-production type shit if u ask me........the actual MAKING of the beat is dumb-simple if u ask me.......highlight a track..hit record......hell, if u can use ACID, u can use the MV, its that simple...with the DAW ofcourse.......everything is visual, no subconscious building of routine button combinations to get things done like the mpc....

now if u talkin bout the learning curve of it...after usin an mpc primarily...yeah then i see what u talkin bout...but thats always gonna happen.
    test
  10. -[InfaMouz]-

-[InfaMouz]- || M.Maestro ||

test
  11. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

you'll make a thread about FL 6 when it comes out.....
    test
  12. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

My logic is the same logic that engineers and producers have had for many years, there is a reason why you dont see too many "Compressor, Preamp, EQ" Channel Strips and things that do all in one in legit studios. The MV 8000 without the VGA has a work flow does not appeal to me. With the VGA the MV 8000 has a work flow that does not appeal to me ( I would rather just use a computer). If you dont understand the LOGIC of buying dedicated hardware then you will need to explain to me what was your purpose of getting an MV 8000 in the first place, since it does what Nuendo and Pro Tools does, and not necessarily any better.
    test
  13. urban_tactics

i'm sure my reason for buying the MV is the same reason u chose to buy an mpc.......

i didnt say the VGA is the only advantage......lets be realistic, i'ma have to use Nuendo or cubase to finish a project eventually anyway........i'm loyal to roland projects...thats another reason

workflow? i'm still not gettin u on that dawg...the workflow is as simple as anything else

if u dont like, then u dont like it...but u really dont have a reason to knock it...it does everything that mpc does and more....i dont see a reason to really argue with the fact of getting one.....especially if u coppin an mpc or hell een akai pads....

the all in one shit is coo for cats that wanna invest in one main entity and have the convience of being able to craft in that unit by itself.....they simply lookin out for the little guys just startin....a typical cat who isnt internet savvy...his first impression to start makin beats is to buy a machine like this and expect to get alotta things done...and as he builds on, he will realize the advantages of buying Eq, and compressor modules.......

i own EQ and compressor modules...and an Reverb module...i'm set dawg, but i aint gonna disregard a whole machine just cuz it has some minor additions, if it aint affecting its primary function...why should it matter

but if u dont like the workflow...then thats on u......i treat the VGA screen as a part of the machine...i find it very convient for everything to be visual...instead of lookin at a green and yellow 5 X 2 inch liquid crystal screen hittin buttons to do somethin that just takes a move of a mouse and a couble clicks....*shrugs*

makes perfect sense to me.....
    test
  14. -[InfaMouz]-

My Big Toe > MV8000
    test
  15. -[InfaMouz]-

niggga, Fruity loops got the FPC nigggga... WITH layering
    test
  16. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

I guess you dont realize what Im saying.... You got an all in one machine, paid for those features, and use it for the features that you already had. I didnt buy my MPC because it does ABC's XYZ's and can mix photos and shit. Like I said the Most praised thing about the MV is that it looks like a damn computer DAW, so what is the point really? Most •••••z doing legit shit aint gonna use the Effects in that Joint, if you got a fantom most likely you aint using the synth in that shit, if you Got Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, or something similar you aint using the DAW in that joint, So once again. You bought it cause it had mad sampling time? Im sure you didnt. All Im really saying is the main advantages of the MV 8000 are things that most folks with computers aint gonna really use. Those additional features that I wont use amount to more menus, that are unneccessary and affect my workflow. My main issue with that machine is the workflow, I PERSONALLY do not feel it, as much as people wanna bash clicking beats, and sitting in front of a PC making beats, I dont see how this machine is any different than your PC. Its definitely not a simple machine that performs one function very well.
    test
  17. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

Good point FM

To Dskills and anybody else who want to compare and contrast features to

FL VS an Mv8000 wtf kind of agruement u cats be having

To each his own , nothing is KING when it comes to making music , its just tools of the trade.

I wouldn't get in a hissy fit like a lil kid over it tho.
    test
  18. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

^^ that was dedicated to Dskills and Infamous
    test
  19. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

I will make my point simple, I got an MPC because it is a simple machine, its dedicated, and does one thing very well for me. I didnt get it because it can do everything under the sun in regards to beat making. If I wanted something that did everything and looks like a Computer DAW, I would have just gotten a G5 and called it a day.
    test
  20. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

this is why i use software
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.