Oldboy - US remake.. :S

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by antilluminati, Jul 11, 2013.

1. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Why?.... Seriously why does Hollywood insist on continously making a mockery out of everything well made in this world? Spewing out shit remakes of incredible films and TV-series, 99% of the times being completely unnessesary.. Is it typical american business; ruining art and making the plastic commercial versionof it, running out of creativity so they have to steal other peoples ideas, or just the american audience refusing/being unable to read subtitles?

This is never going to stop is it?....
    test
  2. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

Yeah, but this one doesn't actually look half bad.

I used to dislike it too, but it gives people reason to check out the original that they otherwise never would have known existed.
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

^^that and to peak the interest of the younger crowd
    test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Stop bullshitting, they are doing it for the money and because its cheaper to rip-off or remake something than to think of something original.
    They are also remaking
    Serbuan maut
    test
  5. antilluminati

And it's a shame kids nowadays don't dig in the crates.. I had seen most films in my local videostore when I was 12. If they never heard of great films before Hollywood picks them for a remake I just find that incredibly sad. My generation was all about seeing it and hearing it all.
    test
  6. antilluminati

Wtf?? it's practically new.
    test
  7. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  8. antilluminati

Just by googling I found remakes coming of:

Robocop (hit or miss), Mad Max (without Gibson, fuck right off) , Carrie (good luck with that), Pet Sematary (I'm one of those who liked the original, can be improved but needs the same atmosphere), Point Break ( seriously, why??), The Crow (FUCK OFF!), The Orphanage (Getting pissed off now..), An American werewolf in London (Is nothing sacred), Childs Play (Don't ruin this!), Dirty Dancing (bound to be ruined), Fletch Won (if Chevy Chase is main lead I'll allow, won't be as good tho), Starship Troopers (completely unnessesary, original was great, we don't need this), The neverending story (SOMEONE NEEDS TO DIE FOR THIS!), Time Bandits (Again, why???), American Psycho (wtf, it's pretty recent in my memory, unnessecary, unless the make it as gory as the book), Commando (without Schwartzenegger, whats the point?), Death Wish (No Bronson), Escape From New York (without Russell), Highlander (fuck oooooooff!), Leathal Weapon (WHY?), Little Shop Of Horrors (completely unessesary), Porky's (really?? Porky's??), Romancing the stone (don't they get the actors is what made many of these movies????), Scarface (SCARFACE? CMON SON!!!!! WHY?), Short Circuit (Yeah, we need that, not), The Bodyguard ( yeah, great..), The Warriors (I'm in a bad mood now)...

BURN HOLLYWOOD BURN!
    test
  9. antilluminati

test
  10. antilluminati

Point Break, The Crow, The neverending story, Highlander, Scarface

These especially made me hate emidiately. They shouldn't be touched, especially The Crow and The Neverending Story. I mean, have some fucking respect.
    test
  11. Geedorah

Geedorah King

When it comes to money they have no respect.
    test
  12. Geedorah

Geedorah King

You know whats interesting?
    They are not remaking any comedies, I dont know why.
    test
  13. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

Everything is always about money...don't be so obtuse.

Most of the younger generations are never going to bother with those films no matter how classic they may be. Good stories(whatever the medium) will always be retold for the current generation and often re-imagined to be relevant with the times.

Get over it.
    test
  14. Geedorah

Geedorah King

So Im older generation now?
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i can tell you for a fact that they do it all for the money and its not because they really feel they can bring something new to it. They are uncreative and unoriginal. The whole entertainment industry survives on copying ideas and remaking them... The philosophy is if it works why change it? Only a few dare to try to re-invent the wheel. Remakes are all for a quick buck.

i mean who in our generation even gave a shit about "bewitched"? NOBODY, yet they remade it anyways because they knew people would hear the hype and go........ and they all were horribly dissapointed as is the case most of the time lol and it ruins the legacy of the original. Cuz when a remake of an original is bad, its REALLY bad. Producers still can look to make a million or 2 off bad movies.

its just a way to make a quick buck at the expense of the people who will go see.
    test
  16. antilluminati

Fletch was on there.. I'll be looking out for that as long as Chevy Chase is in it. Did you see the remake of "The Producers" which came out a handful years back? That was one which was worthy imo.

Can you think of any comedies you'd like to see remade? :p
    test
  17. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Home Alone would be first one on the list to remake, because its shown every year on tv.
    test
  18. antilluminati

I find it the other way, films that are that iconic shouldn't be remade. Only films that weren't properly done because of budget or just flawed should be considered, like some Stephen King adaptation for example..
    test
  19. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Actually they do rip-off a lot of UK shows, like Dear John, Office, Red Dwarf, Life On Mars and many more, some have failed, some are pretty good.
    test
  20. antilluminati

Ripped off The killing, now The Bridge, and also The Kingdom from scandinavia, and all of them inferior by a mile from the original, and I even enjoyed The Killing.

It just seems that whenever the US remakes something it becomes artisticly bland and dumbed down, which is a shame, even humour becomes incredibly banal when translated from the UK.

They should keep doing It's always sunny in Philadelphia, Arrested Development, South Park, and Curb your enthusiasm, and for fucks sake stop cancelling all the good shows!!! It's been pissing me off ever since Twin Peaks that everything with substance, originality and which isn't predictable and instead interesting gets taken off air. I'm even one of those who actually found all the unanswered questions in Lost the main appeal, they shoulda run it for 10 seasons instead of caving in to assholes who need answers for everything and ruin the suspense.
    test