Ok, so you've divorced a guy and it was all done two years ago..

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

...you got everything but the clothes on his back; his company, his properties, cars, jewlery, stocks&bonds, both kids.

Of course that was no where near enough, eh.

I swear some women redefine greed.
    test
  2. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

Kobe bout to lose $150 M's
    oh no why'd it have to be him
    bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

Maaan, sometimes I wish pre-nups were mandatory for certain people.

Worst part is, dude started his company from literally nothing. Worked around the clock, and after 15+ years it grew into something solid, only to have her rip it apart after the divorce.

Yeah, Kobe lost a lot as well, but in life, the cheapest things usually come with a monetary price tag..
    test
  4. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

The poor men get taken to the cleaners. I get it if he's the one who cheated/walked out etc., but if the woman is the one who cheated (and the cause of the relationship dissolving), then she should get nothing, imo.
    test
  5. doslavozes

I feel like there's a fine line on this debate.

On one hand, many women often sacrifice the potential for significant careers due to marriage, having kids, and standard "homemaking" therefore, due to a divorce they might not have the logistical means to support themselves AND the kids since they won't have much of a career to fall back on. In those cases I definitely agree with splitting the funds. Maybe not 50/50 but they spouses should get something.

Now, as Andrya points out, if the cause of the divorce is due to the wife cheating, that may be another story.

In addition, there are a dime a dozen scenarios where a women targets an athlete or celebrity, lays back and accepts his DNA (how many guys are gonna say no, right?) and pops out a kid and leaves with multi millions of dollars. While I don't think many athletes or celebrities deserve all the money they receive, the spouses of them deserve the money even less.
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I believe there is no reason that child support should be 10k a month...that is silly
    test
  7. doslavozes

And it should be legally earmarked for specific necessary expenses. None of that "pay child support so mommy can go on expensive shopping trips for herself" crap.
    test
  8. MissAndrya

I agree with both of these statements.

I don't know how much it differs between Canada and the U.S., but here the man has to pay enough to keep the woman in the life 'she's accustomed to'.

I call bullshit.

Again, there are many factors that play a role in who deserves what, but in general I think the man really loses out. Sometimes it's his fault, and maybe he deserves what's coming, but women can be greedy bitches.

Also, why are men not entitled to the same? I mean...if the woman is the one who decides the relationship is over, and she is the higher wage earner....why is the man then not entitled to the same financial expectations the woman is??

Just isn't right.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i never thought it was a greed thing

i thought it was a "im gonna make him feel so horrible he'll wanna off himself" kinda thing
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

The paying the wife thing is called spousal support or Alimony. Child support is suppose to be strictly for the child. I don't care if the father makes millions. Set a reasonable child support amount then if he makes millions (like a pro athlete) they set up an account for the child college fund.

I agree with doslavozes. i hate when mothers do that
    test
  11. MissAndrya

Yes, I was only referring to the spousal support. I don't believe it should be paid in all instances.

Child support should always be paid to the parent who has custody. if custody is equally shared, then I don't think any money should change hands. I also believe that a cap should be put on it. As long as that child's needs are met, there shouldn't be an issue.

It's true, though, that many women use the money for other purposes. There should be a way to ensure that the money goes directly to what it's purpose is.
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  13. GaLaTeA

Bingo. Only without a pre-nup signed she was entitled to half, but managed to get her paws on everything.

Of course there's an element of spiteful revenge, but she's driven by greed as well (or a really funny sense of entitlement).
    test
  14. MissAndrya

Ugh. That's just not right. I'll never understand the greed.
    test
  15. doslavozes

Demi Moore is potentially going to try and get money from Ashton Kutcher. She filed the necessary forms to do so.
    test
  16. MissAndrya

Only because she's a has been and Kutcher has shitloads coming in.

Did Demi not make enough from Bruce?? Smh.
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

Isn't she financially secure aka set up for life as is?
    test
  18. doslavozes

You'd think, but I imagine shoe shopping and trying to court 20 year olds can cost a fair amount of money.
    test
  19. GaLaTeA

Yeah, fear that kind of woman..
    test
  20. doslavozes

It's not like guys have enough space in our brains for fear. We're usually just trying to get them on their backs and pound them until our junk softens and then sleep and hopefully wake up with a sandwich.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.