Ok, seeing as how I need some cash- Cheap Mixing [Limited Time Offer]

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Arcane, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

Heres the track I mixed tonight (first in the music section):

www.soundclick.com/SkewedUpProductions

DK's verse for his up comming collab with Rticulate

This was mixed on an SSL 4000E using Pro Tools LE 6.7 via a Digi 002 rack. It was recorded using a KSM32, Roland MMP2, a Soundcraft Spirit Console and Pro Tools LE 6.9.3 via a Digi 002 rack.

Now who wants me to mix their shit?
    test
  2. headless verseman

headless verseman JERSEY NUCCUH

dope shit arcane

ive talked to people who have had some ish done by you, always said it was kosher. if i had anything, i'd get at you. or if you wanna sell me that mpc with like monthly payments, haha.....
    test
  3. kniteshift

kniteshift That ain't my alphabet b

That goody mob beat is ill.
    It sounds grimy, fits the beat good, but I'd up a few dB. Because at points the beat somewhat drowns his vocals.
    test
  4. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

Soundclick's down, FUCK!
    test
  5. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

:| now that i listen to it you cant hear the reverb and the vocals are about 1.5db low...kinda sucks that it didnt bounce out of pro tools right

i'll have to fix it tomorrow
    test
  6. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

damn, duke is a strait up hater. if arcane is the arcane from klassick productions, dude is pretty nice wit the beats..an that was years ago.

but yeah, im gunna need mixing soon.. im mixing and premastering two albums at once.. and its taking alot out of me.. so the 2nd album, i think ima need sumone to mix it all. thats 17 tracks, no skits

but, i need to hear a sample an know wat kinda equiptment ull be workin wit, and wat formats u can work wit. all our shit is in pro tools, in 96khz 24 bit, and i wont be needin it for a few more weeks, but i gotta start lookin now.
    test
  7. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

im not from klassick productions, i dont make beats...well, i do, but they're not really that useable haha

anyways, i'd mix it in one of four studios I have access to

theres a sample a few posts up, mixed it last night using the SSL 4000E :)

www.soundclick.com/skewedupproductions

unfortunatly the vocals lost a bit after all the converting we did (went from 176.4khz/24 bit to 44.1khz/16bit as well as from aiff to mp3) so it needs a slight boost on that...

if you want me to list out all the gear i have access to, it'd take me a week hahaha...
    test
  8. Snuggles

Snuggles New Member

Sounds Mad Thinnnnnnnnn
    test
  9. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

sdfa

WOW,, AND YOU CHARGE THAT MUCH MONEY TO MIX TRACKS?????? VOCALS ARNT EVEN LOUD ENOUGH (and how come you didnt know this before you uploaded it?)

sounds mad thin and does NOT sound very professional at all. the whole track sounds dull...

ITs all good though Pretty much NOBODY on this site will pay you even 5 bux to mix a track.... your talents have been shown.. or lack of
    test
  10. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

did you even listen to what i said after? I KNOW the vocals are too low, it got fucked in the converting from 176.4/24 to 44.1/16

you loose up to 48db of volume when switching from 24 to 16 bit, so obviously the shit is going to be lower...we forgot to compensate for that

it's getting fixed tomorrow, but knowing the retard that you are, it'll suck even if bob ludwig mixed it
    test
  11. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

The fact is YOU are selling MIXING SKILLS at a professional rate.. BUT YOUR SHIT AINT SOUNDING PRO.... and conversions shouldnt fuck up a pro like your self... and conversions shouldnt even fuck up a rookie.. its called an EAR... you can clearly hear if its too low or not... but BESIDES THE VOLUME THE MIX DOES NOT SOUND GOOD>>> young dubbz has 200 dollars worth of equipment and his shit sounds better.. i have an 80 dollar usb mic and my shit sounds better... and i aint tryin to rip people off by putting their shit through a bootlegged pro tools and doing some compression and reverb. BANG 20 bux.. FUCK You
    test
  12. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

rotfl

you crack me up

theres something to be said at mixing a track at 5am after being up for like 14 hours already...plus we were running out of time and wanted to get shit done QUICK. anyways, i'll fix it monday and post up some other tracks i've mixed
    test
  13. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

wow... excuse after excuse after excuse.. i guess you know your mix sucks

wtf is all this gibberish man/??????? blah blah

theres something to be said at mixing a track at 5am after being up for like 14 hours already...plus we were running out of time and wanted to get shit done QUICK. anyways, i'll fix it monday and post up some other tracks i've mixed
    test
  14. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

ijustneedhelp, blow me
    test
  15. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

did u mix tonedeff "pervert" ? shit was pretty nice, an is there a 12" of that droppin or wat?
    test
  16. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

no, i didnt mix that, and im not sure if it's the next 12"...you'd have to email qn5 and ask
    test
  17. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

Sounds dope. If you had doubles, adlibs and some background shit it woulda helped the mix, but for just straight vocals it sounds good.
    test
  18. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

it didnt bounce right lol...there were adlibs and reverb on the track..

the guy i was working with fucked it up...it will be fixed
    test
  19. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

it will be it will be it will be... blah blah.... reverb and addlibs dont just dissapear.... and now your blaming somone else..... OK SO IT WAS THE GUY YOU WERE WORKING WITH THAT FUCKED IT UP hahahah
    test
  20. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

i must wait till monday when "everything is fixed" before i pass judgement.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.