Ok, seeing as how I need some cash- Cheap Mixing [Limited Time Offer]

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Arcane, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

For the next month I'll mix ANYONES tracks at the studio (as opposed to where I am now...studio gear list can be found Here) for the nice low rate of $20US/track by paypal. Discounts for anyone who brings me 10 or more tracks.

thats less than half of what I normally charge

Payment must be made 1/2 upfront, 1/2 upon completion of the mix which will be delivered via email as a stereo *.aiff or *.wav file, your choice.

If you want me to write down what I do to your tracks (ie. how much compression, reverb, eq, etc), it's $45 US/track by paypal because it'll take me twice as long and It's really time consuming.

I also have a MPC2000 for sale, I'll take $800US for it, and that includes shipping, this price is not firm and I am open to offers. Pictures can be provided if needed.

I need to get some money to attend the AES conferance in New York this year, and thats why I'm putting the deal on. Take advantage, because as of October 5th this deal expires (although the mpc will still be for sale if no one picks it up).

Contact Information:
    Pms on Rapmusic- I check the site like 3-4 times daily, so I'll get back to you within 24 hours
    Email: SkewedUpProductions@gmail.com (also my msn which should always be online...)- checked more often than rapmusic.com, pretty much gaurenteed reply within 12 hours

Any tracks you need mixed will be done within one week of my getting them (including 1/2 the payment) or they're 50% off (ie, $10 US/track, $22.50 if you want doccumentation).

Hit me up if you got some work for me.

Peace
    test
  2. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

OK nobody here is gonna pay you......... also you dont even have any samples of any mixes youve done.. and dont give me no contract bs... also your beats suck ass
    test
  3. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

^ harsh.
    test
  4. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

good thing im not a producer then

unlike you, i realize when im not good at something

arent you supposed to be leaving this board already?

and trust me, if you paid to have something done for your album, you wouldnt want to go and have someone giving it away for free. If you do, you're a straight up idiot.
    test
  5. HeXuM

HeXuM N.E.R.D.

Show me a mix that YOU have done with THAT studio setup...
    test
  6. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

yea

yea SHOW ME A SAMPLE OF THAT SETTUP>> THAT YOU HAVE MIXED... AND DONT GIVE US SOME BULLSHIT LINK CUZZ I WILL CATCH YOU LYING ABOUT THAT SHIT.
    test
  7. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

lmao @ this dude
    test
  8. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

currently I'm working with a band called The Show from Toronto who's recording at the studio

and do you people not seem to understand the concept of a contract? It basically says I have no right to distribute or reproduce the material that I record/work on under any circumstance. If I do, It'd cost me a shitload more than I'd be making

you want some pics of the studio? those I have/can get, but the best I can do is give you a partial list of clients that I work/have worked with and what I did for them.
    test
  9. HeXuM

HeXuM N.E.R.D.

SO basically we pay you for mixing skills that we have NEVER heard? That's like having an artist feature on a album and you've never heard them sing/rap. "Hey pay me $500 and i'll drop a hot 16 on your album. I can't really let you HEAR me spittin but I can show you list of lyrics i've wrote."
    test
  10. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

actually, it's not similar, as they choose to not let you hear them, where as I'll get sued if I give out tracks I've mixed for other people....and I REALLY can't afford a lawsuit right now, especially if it's to make $20

but trust me, you dont get jobs working with the top selling rap artists out there if you dont have a damn good idea of what you're doing. Granted, I was doing live mixing, but there isn't a whole lot of difference, and it's generally easier to mix recorded tracks due to the fact that if something gets fucked up theres a nice undo button (which would be useful in LIVE, but will never happen haha)

anyways, If someone doesn't like the work I've done for them, I'm fully prepared to offer them half of whatever they've already paid back, although someone not being satisfied with my work is highly unlikely....
    test
  11. KWICBOYZ

KWICBOYZ New Member

ill vouch arcane does good work and id use him for sure

just e
    test
  12. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

ok

anybody that wants their shit mixed by my neighbor just let me know.. he charges 20 bux a track and has real good skills(hes a professional 19 year old white kid from canada)... sorry no audio available... but i can take pics of equipment if you want............ he he he
    test
  13. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

rotfl

just because you suck at mixing doesnt mean i do
    test
  14. HeXuM

HeXuM N.E.R.D.

What I mean is all I see is WORDS of what you MIGHT be able to do. Show n prove homie...
    test
  15. kniteshift

kniteshift That ain't my alphabet b

Well, why don't you do it this way Arc..

If they want a sample. Just mix an entire track for them, and show them a clip of what you did (not the whole thing.) If they like it they can pay $20 for the entire song.
    test
  16. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

i can do that too, but it's kind of a waste of my effort if they decide they don't like the track

considering i'd have to book at least an hour of time for potentially no profit...

i guess i could do it for the first person or two, but after that it'd have to be strickly like i've outlined
    test
  17. HeXuM

HeXuM N.E.R.D.

Wow you gotta be retarded or something lol.. no one is asking you to mix a track... we want to hear something that you have PREVIOUSLY mixed at that studio setup.. or something you'll be mixing on your own time already in the future.. stop actin confused n givin all these bs responses.. post a clip of something YOU mixed and things will be all cashnificent... if you DONT have anything to post YET.. say so and it's koo.. put it up when you can.. I personally want to hear something before I waste YOUR time and MY time with even sending you a track... then again i wouldnt waste my time on someone half stoopid anyway.. dont take that serious, its a joke.. lol.. pce
    test
  18. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

ide have to hear a song thats mixed by u...... nobody gona pay for shit n they dont know how it sounds it doesnt even matter what equipment u have as everyone know
    test
  19. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

like i said, i'm willing to mix someones shit before they pay me, but only for a few people and as long as they dont mind me using their tracks as examples....
    test
  20. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

I'll drop a sample tomorrow as one of the artists I manage is hitting the studio with me and he said I can let you fucks hear the track after I mix it

unfortunatly I'll be at his studio as opposed to where I normally record, and his gear is considerably better than what I'm using

I'll even post up the pre mixed and post mixed versions
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.