Ok Ok...I give up...How THE FUCK DO YOU MIX YOUR TRACKS TO THE POINT THAT THEY KNOCK

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Creative Silence, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

first of all, red = BAD

second of all, hire an engineer that knows what they're doing

thirdly, i'm an engineer that knows what they're doing
    test
  2. ThaPaleFacedNinja

ThaPaleFacedNinja ive been nice

Damn man, lol

"you cant counter my post because nothing said was opinion"

you are full of yourself arent you, haha
    test
  3. Creative Silence

Creative Silence CreativeSilence, Inc.

So your an engineer that knows what they're doing, but that all you can say...
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

lol....red isnt always bad.....get outta that shit...

im an audiophile......there are places for red.....and places where red are terrible.....

when i listen to my hip hop.....clear...crystal clean prestine sound...is NOT what im looking for....
    when i watch a movie.....or when i listen to jazz or acoustic music then i want perfectly by the book engineering......

NOT with my hip hop.....if you dont understand the magic of hip hop music....you shouldnt be mixing it....simple....

aint no engineer gonna tell me ...your kick is distorted....fuck that.....im a producer...if i want that kick distorted you better leave that shit distorted....
    test
  5. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

yep :): don't you love it?
    lmao...

you can get a distorted sound without having shit clipping...

when it comes to digital, red = bad...if you want your beats to look like square waves then so be it, but they still sound like shit

you're not an audiophile if you enjoy digital distortion, no way in hell, that shit is pure ear garbage
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

which is why you distort before digital conversion...simple no?

either way......theres nothing i can learn from you....so stop preaching to the choir
    test
  7. Creative Silence

Creative Silence CreativeSilence, Inc.

I want to hear some of your work if you don't mine.
    test
  8. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

I'm gettin tired of cats with no music comin in here talkin that mess....

u an engineer?

show some pay stubs
    test
  9. ThaPaleFacedNinja

uuhhh .. yea having signals clipping is good... cuz your a producer, leave that shit clipping

hahahha..
    test
  10. ThaPaleFacedNinja

dont get me wrong but were you not giving mixing tips a few pages back ?

u an engineer?

show some pay stubs
    test
  11. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

my music is linked for your enjoyment....

since these kids comin is here with no music...the least they can do is show some pay stubs.....

why u in here instigatin like a mafucka?
    test
  12. ThaPaleFacedNinja

why am i instigating... shit why not?

yall are an easy target
    test
  13. wavez

wavez .

i guess u overdoin it. just layer a knocking sub with the regular kick/kicks.
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

clipping on my eps classic? def....clipping on an analog board? great.... if it produces the sound that i want.....yep...leave it clipping.......check my beats....i purposely degrade the quality when i upload my music online......yet they always bump...and you wont hear this "horrible" distortion.....
    test
  15. The Militant

The Militant New Member

theres a difference between doing something on purpose and creating something by accident,dont believe me ask your mum how you were concieved lol
    test
  16. Definit

Definit Based.

there was some really good posts on here...that more then likely got Killed by alot! of bullshit suggestions...aswell as alot! of bullshit replys of shit talking...i skimmied thru it all and took into thought all the good shit...thank you for the great suggestions...it brings me back to when i first started mixing shit...

anyways...the best thing i liked was...The 3d Box....it paints such a beautiful mix...some people live in just the Flat Panning world...all you have to do is REPLACE COMPRESSORS WITH EQ'S...and you'll instantly get that 3d that your needing...

you know what would be great...is if someone actually broke down some ranges of EQ per instrument/sound....((((((AND what to CUT OUT and LEAVE IN))))))...so that they arent lost with the whole EQ situation...

i also love the 3 instrument idiology...but you can actually make that into 10+ melodies if you really wanted to...but what you need to learn the most with that is the Progression of a song...and how to add in new instruments at what time so that the main melody isnt disturbed...(take notes from classical music...orchastrated music/piano musicals...ect...)

there is really alot in this thread that actually helped remind me of some stuff i have been leaving out for a few months due to lazyness and lack of time...but it definately is an art that needs to be painted in (3D)...

damn...good reads though

EQ+PANNING X(multiply) 3D Box = beautiful mixed music....

p.s. leave final compression to the final person...in the end it'll all get re-mastered...

but the thought of getting your Mixing down can also help out the final mastering process go that much smoother...that way YOUR music isnt disturbed cuz the master is lost in Your invisioned art...it helps him visualize and hear what you want it to sound like...and he can simply adjust so that the vocals are wrapped with beautiful textures of sound....thus making your music stay intact with what you invisioned and created...

pz. Def/
    test
  17. ThaPaleFacedNinja

i do agree analog distortion can be a good thing.. who here owns a real analog board though...
    test
  18. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

I got a couple of analog joints.....
    test
  19. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

Word...I wanna hear some of your finished tracks cause if those beats on your soundclick are just unmixed skeletons than those finished tracks must be a beast.
    test
  20. ThaPaleFacedNinja

nice, whatcha working with?

i dont own it but i got an Neve console and a SSL i got acces too, wahoo for me
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.