Ok Ok...I give up...How THE FUCK DO YOU MIX YOUR TRACKS TO THE POINT THAT THEY KNOCK

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Creative Silence, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Guest

what college did you go to???
    i'm looking for something in the direction of audio engineering
    test
  2. soniclabsaudio

soniclabsaudio New Member

"let me tell u somethin homey, b4 u let anything else stupid leave up out ya face

I said hit the entire mix with a multiband, even the levels out, maximize it and put it online....that's for raw mixes"

you know you the truth right asshole. You got no clue you got some cracked shit and think you a magic producer. Audio eng assosiates degree? Umm no i have a bachlors thanks and the only sound you should be concerned with is the jaw drops that the forum makes at how stupid you look. Now when you THINK and i stress think because it seems you dont do alot of it that you are close to my level then we can talk untill then you need to keep to yourself because you just giving some bad advice. Now im not new here nor am i new to people like you who think there little cracked waves bundle makes them special so you can keep on posting up like someones listing but in truth i cant hear shit your saying.

Maximize is a fake word only used in waves and once you do that to a mix you take out all the headroom and no longer have a mix "raw" ( what ever that means ) or otherwise. A mix is a mix be it for the house , car , radio or whatever theres only 1 kind of mix the one that sounds good everywhere but you wouldnt know that producing out your headphones on some cracked fl waves shit. No STFU and eat this.
    test
  3. soniclabsaudio

oh and i forgot "and adding overdrive adds crispness to your drums" what ..........

overdrive is when you drive a amp ( or amp simulated software ) into a hot level causing mostly distortion and saturation ? How is that crisp?
    test
  4. soniclabsaudio

---G I --- i went to the university of southern alabama , not the largest or even a well know school for audio but as you know its about what you learn and take from the class that matters more than whos teaching it.
    test
  5. soniclabsaudio

F major i think your about the only other person who knows anything about audio here but i will have to say alot of these people are putting up what they think are mixed tracks. I get so many aim's and pm's asking me to check this mix or listin to this production so there is a assumption of mixing going on here. Also if you just look at the posts there are way to many listin to my sound , how is my mix , is this production good ect threads to say people are not trying to mix here with some degree of a good result.
    test
  6. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

okay let me break this down to your slow ass one more time

I do not "mixdown" my beats....

I hit it with a multiband and I push it up with an l2 so when I burn the shit to a cd for reference, I don't have to play with the volumes

does that make anymore sense to you?

u are going on and on trying sooooo hard to be credited with knowledge that u are simply just makin yourself look like a raving faggot....

please.....shut the fukk up

and as far as that "crispness"

ur idea of "crisp" is fresh

my idea of "crisp" is like a fukkin croisant.....it adds some crunchiness to snares...some crisp...some edge.......that's what I mean, puta-nene

callate la boca
    test
  7. soniclabsaudio

no ones questioning that your garbage and your mixes suck so whats now? We know you use waves and waves lingo but not the right way. You get ate up and your so called knowledge is BS. You just stated that you throw a l2 on your master out WOW big supprise there because you cant mix ..... and crisp now has more than 1 meaning ? You cant even explain yourself right ..........

games over final boss bitch ....... i ran through you and you cant do nothing but sit back and enjoy the ride. You suck ,i dont need a degree in anything to tell you that.
    test
  8. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

*laughing out loud* @ me being garbage and my mixes suckin....please kid, sit down with that

aint nothin wrong wit puttin an l2 on the master fader if your whole purpose is to just listen to the beat....wtf is the point u makin homey?

please tell me what point u tryin to make

I wanna kno

leave headroom?

why would I leave headroom on an unmixed beat?

why would I mix a fukkin beat in the first place

get off my dick homey, I been doin this for 10 years and I hold a bachelors degree....not in sound audio...but in elect. engineering in general......so I kno this shit inside and out.....while u just twirl the knobs....I'm the mafucka that understands it from the inside out...so u can "challenge" me all you want and i'll guarantee i'll shit on you....straight cop a squat right on ur lil audio engineering degree.....stop comin in here actin like u the only mafucka in here with some sort of knowledge of what the fuck they doin

where ya music at homey? lets hear this greatness....I'm at work, so I can't peep just yet, but lets hear this greatness

and I swear to god, if the shit sounds weak as fuck...i'ma have a nice lil field day with you....real talk

keep openin ya mouth, bitch......
    test
  9. soniclabsaudio

your at work must be a night janitor for all the trash you move. Now go clean up them toilets you call tracks.
    test
  10. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

yeah i'ma night janitor sittin in a fuckin cubicle typin back and forth to you

yeah that makes alotta sense homey

I work in a data building for credit suisse....we here 24/7

next joke......
    test
  11. soniclabsaudio

next joke is all your grammer errors but that speaks for itself.
    test
  12. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

last time I checked I was typing on a message board

I can save the perfect grammar for the professional settings

but to ppl like u that don't have corporate jobs, this is as professional as the setting gets....

I think I've earned the right to type however the fukk I wanna type.....

but maybe I should change the way I type, since u seem to have a difficult time understanding english.....
    test
  13. soniclabsaudio

na just cant understand stupid , besides im done with you peace got stuff to do. nice talking to you hope you grow up 1 day and turn out to be half the man i am.
    test
  14. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

in order to be half the man u are that would mean I'd have to turn into half of a child still livin with his stepmother......

and *laughing out loud* @ u talkin about my grammar errors and spellin grammar wrong

oh the irony....

yall make it too easy for me

another nerd, sonned by urb tactics

I'm ya alpha dominant, bitch....
    test
  15. Track Wrecka

Track Wrecka Productions

lol, man yall just start trippin for nothin.
    test
  16. soniclabsaudio

Man im watching tv and just having fun , i dont take anything or anyone on this site serious.
    test
  17. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

all i do is add distortion..

and thats all i pretty much do..

i dont mix my shit just lil effects.. quit assumin..
    test
  18. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

man... hearing what some of you guys do to your mixes makes me think "what the fuck are they doing?.. distortion for crispier sounds?.. what kinda crazy ass shit is that.. there are plenty better ways to make your sound "crispier".. simple EQ could so such a thing.. but damn, some of you have horrible sense of "mixing" a beat.. maximizing the whole thing?.. that's just doing away with the dynamics of each sound.. shit is horrible.. I won't even say much else and leave this as is...
    test
  19. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

well, i dont know what u use.. but the distortion module of mine makes it sound very clean... and as long as it works for me.. if u peep any of my joints on my page, i got distortion in all my beats i have made since the last year..

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=192671&songID=4208533

that is all distortion on my drums n synths..

and only other effect i use is reverb...
    test
  20. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

want to shut the thread down?

well most of you dont know but for the past few months i have been getting hands on 1-on-1 personal engineer training from Byron who makes a living off of engineering tracks, his credits include "game, jeezy, kanye, 50 cent, ect." dude has a huge house in inglewood plus mad fresh whips. so im sure he knows what he is talking about. he also had me read a book named "the art of mixing" possibly the best book ever writtin on mixing. now i said that so you guys get an idea that i know wtf im talking about.

1. first of all you guys dont even know the BASICS of sound waves and frequencies. As in why are they Hi frequencies and Low frequencies. well his tend to hit chest and above. thats why a hi hat will never make the ground shake. lo end frequencies are towards your feet. thats why subs and basses can rattle the ground.

2. with that said you have to use imagery to get an actual understanding of how to mix. imagine a 3d cube that most experts say is about 6 inches above your monitors, about 2 inches out side of each monitor, and the cube ends at the ground. now that cube is what you ahve to work with. its like packing luggage. you gotta make all your sounds fit in that 3d cube(or suitcase).

the thing you want to do is give everything its own space. thats the point of panning left to right. but also remembre its a 3d cube so you can place instruments BEHIND instruments also. thast what urb is talking about him layering his sounds and its not crowded. see different instruments take up more space. a bass takes up the most space. so you want to keep the hi's cut all the way to free space.

3. Reverb. most of you use it not even knowing wtf it is. reverb is nothing more than 100's of delays int he milisecond. remember adding reverb makes a sound take up more space. use it sparingly. using to much reverb on a sound can drown out other sounds regardless of how much "eqing" youdo.

4. now you want that clean mix. well you aitn gonna get it without vocals. i say that because what the hell is the point of mixing a beat without knowing where the vocals are gonna sit. So you do all that bullshit mixing only to find out the vocals are conflicting with all that superb "mixing" you did prior to recording the vocals. Now the engineer has an even harder task of mixing the track because some idiot thought he was making his beat sound better by adding a bunch of stupi deffects.

5. compression. now i dont know WHERE IN THE HELL KIDS GET THE IDEA THAT COMPRESSING KICKS IS DOING ANY THING!!! compression has to do with volume. i say that generally. By that i mean compression should be used to keep a signal at a constant DB(or try its best). now if you are programming drums tell me how in the hell would a signal vary in DB? it wouldnt. compression is for LIVE INSTRUMENTS. VOCALS = LIVE INSTRUMENT. GET IT YET?!?!?

6. ok im tired of typing. ill prolly type more later.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.