Ok Ok...I give up...How THE FUCK DO YOU MIX YOUR TRACKS TO THE POINT THAT THEY KNOCK

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Creative Silence, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

lol why not just do the obvious and use hard bass and 808s all this shit is more complicated than it needs to be.
    test
  2. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Why are you compressing something that doesnt vary with time? EQ'n a kick that is a Constant velocity does not make something pound, if you wanna change the dynamics of a kick, try gating, and EQ. Compression is over used by this board for the wrong reasons. Your sampled drums dont need compression, learn how to target resonant frequencies and boost with a bell shape with the resonant frequency as the center. when you compress the shit out of something you lose frequencies, so this isnt a good idea to turn the gain up on the compressor. the point of the output gain on the compressor is to make up for the level lost when compressing the source. When you compress a source you make it lower in level, it pretty much tries to even the loudest parts with the quietest parts. Once you have compressed something you want to use the output gain to bring the overall level back to the level that it was before compression. WAY too many of you think that you are doing something major when you throw random compression on something and hear this big ass difference, when the reality is you are just hearing it louder because there is too much make up gain. Louder doesnt mean you have accomplished what you set out to accomplish
    test
  3. soniclabsaudio

soniclabsaudio New Member

i agree aparent loudness over rms or even db "loudness" is something that is very much over looked here. I think to many people are trying to go straight to the pros without any little league pratice by throwing L3's and C1's on everything because it makes the levels almost burst but dont know why or even the fact that they have just ruined a good track with over compression.
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

thank you

....the anti-overcompression coalition of RM strikes again
    test
  5. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

you right... but who wants to use the same sounds on every beat?
    test
  6. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

ya'll need to just listen to F Major...he's the only one who knows what he's talkin about in this thread.
    test
  7. soniclabsaudio

"ya'll need to just listen to F Major...he's the only one who knows what he's talkin about in this thread."

LOL so i guess my degree and the fact i own a studio and have more cds published under my mastering house than anyone else on here mean nothing? Not trying to start an argument but i would like to be left out of the mass opinion here on rm.Thanks.
    test
  8. Creative Silence

Creative Silence CreativeSilence, Inc.

Just tried this..........:bounce:
    Right now shit is knocking at 0db no compression...no red....damn!!!
    test
  9. soniclabsaudio

-0-db gives you no headroom when mastering. That means that if you go to -0-db it better be your final product. Even adding a reverb or a delay would make you clip. Congrats on the thumping drums.
    test
  10. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

^ listen to what he is saying about Headroom, There is one thing to throw a L2 Limiter on a Master Fader for a quick mixdown, but if you plan on actually getting something mastered leave yourself atleast 3db of head room so that the mastering engineer can have more room to play with the frequencies.
    test
  11. M1 Productions

M1 Productions jetlaggin

Lotta good info in this thread I'm takin notes
    test
  12. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

stop mixing beats

u want it to sound pretty....hit it with a multi band compressor (if u kno what u doin) and then max it out with the l2
    if u just wanna post it for listening purposes

but as far as mixing beats, that really shouldn't be done until an actual track is being laid

lol@compressing drums

the problem is cats keep reading these tutorials online but what they don't realize is those methods are for live musicians

not fruity loop faggots
    test
  13. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

LMAO
    test
  14. Creative Silence

Problem is, when I hit it with a multiband comp...everything sounds muddy.....I want everything to sound crispy and clear.
    test
  15. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

u just aint usin it correctly
    test
  16. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

add a little bit of distortion/overdrive to your drums..
    test
  17. Creative Silence

test
  18. soniclabsaudio

wow , no wonder half you guys sound so bad. Hit it with a multi , add distortion ? Thats your advice. The problem is alot of you dont have any clue what your doing and your spreading bad advice thats stacking with even worse advice leading to shitty production. Period.
    test
  19. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Although I dont agree with adding distortion(through a plugin) to get drums to bang more. I will say that for alot of us on this site that do post beats on soundclick etc, they are unmixed beats. I can guarantee that nobody here except for Premize has heard anything I have ever mixed. When it goes online, tracks are generally raw, no effect sends, no EQ, light reverb, no panning, and are given a very basic general sequence. I dont bother with putting mixed tracks up because the simple fact is that they are just beats and dont need my mixing until I begin producing a song.
    test
  20. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

*laughing out loud*.....

homey got his lil associates degree in sound engineering and he come up in here like he is the truth

let me tell u somethin homey, b4 u let anything else stupid leave up out ya face

I said hit the entire mix with a multiband, even the levels out, maximize it and put it online....that's for raw mixes

if u really knew wtf u were talkin about u would kno that there really isn't any logical reason to be mixing a beat that doesn't even have vocals on it

most of these kids don't have artist, so they pride themselves in spending hours mixing a beat

when a nigga like me just makes the shit, add a couple low pass filters on the basses, and hit render....just so I can hear it later

I just love it when these unknown mafuckaz get hype of their lil weak ass associate degree and come in here talkin big.....

calm it down homey

and adding overdrive adds crispness to your drums....but doesn't do nothin to help it bang @ veral
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.