Ok.. if there is no Intelligent Design...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by IAmBenT, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

How can u call on something of his in heaven if he was on earth?

What spirit are you referring to btw?
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

So you are saying that Jesus was below himself in his earthly form and he needed to ask himself for strength in order to perform miracles and gain strength?

I know that humans were suppose to be above the angelic class. It was one of the reason Satan was soo pissy
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Same issue i've said previously. I only speak logically and if things logically don't make sense to me, i speak up.

I personally don't know how God can die but that is pretty much what everyone is saying when they say Jesus is God
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Naw. Ur wrong on that one.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

It says whatever we bind on earth is bound in heaven wether thats a reference to the second heeaven or the 3rd not sure.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

course not. In the scriptures when he felt the need hed pray to he father.
    test
  7. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

Jesus did EVERYTHING that is recorded to teach us how to live. He is a master teacher because his life is an example for how we need to live in accordance with God's will. That's the whole point. There are several instances in the word where Jesus didn't consult the Father to perform miracles. his entire life written in the word is a lesson and a sacrifice. but he, like all of us, only had, in this corrupted world, strength, grace, and power through the blessing of the Father. Its the same reason works won't save you.

You can be the most generous and giving person in the world but if you don't understand your spirit and strive to come closer to God everyday, you're doomed. Works are not enough.
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Prove me wrong then.
    test
  9. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

bind? are you referring to the scipture about not storing things on the earth but store them in the heavens?
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Then Jesus and God can't be the same being
    test
  11. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i see...

i guess what i find confusing is the fact that you still consider him god's son. im probably over thinking this, but basically my rational is that if god has a 'son' then the son will be a god or at least a demi-god or something like that. if not then how is jesus his son any more than i'm god's son or you're god's son?

anyone else who sees where im going wrong feel free to chime in
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I'm not saying that Jesus isn't considered a God but saying that he is THE God, is what i have issues with
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Jesus is not God, then explain...

1. Why Thomas calls Jesus God in John 20:28? (Note, Thomas addresses Jesus specifically.)
    2. Why does God call Jesus God in Heb. 1:8?
    3. Why does John the apostle state that Jesus was the Word which was God that became flesh (John 1:1,14)?
    4. Why is the phrase "Call upon the name of the LORD" (Hebrew, YHWH, i.e., Psalm 116:4) used only of God on the OT, and translated into the Greek in the LXX as "Call upon the name of the LORD (greek, KURIOS)," applied to Jesus in the NT (1 Cor. 1:2) if Jesus is not God in flesh?
    5. Why does the apostle John say that Jesus was , "...calling God His own Father, making Himself equal to God," (John 5:18)?
    6. What did Jesus say that caused the Pharisees to claim that Jesus was making Himself out to be God (John 8:58)?
    7. How was it possible for Jesus to know all things (John 21:17)?
    8. How can Jesus know all men (John 16:30)?
    9. How can Jesus be everywhere (Matt. 28:20)?
    10. How can Jesus, the Christ, dwell in you (Col. 1:27)?
    11. How can Jesus be the exact representation of the Nature of God (Heb. 1:3)?
    12. How can Jesus be eternal (Micah 5:1-2)?
    13. How can Jesus be the one who gives eternal life (John 10:27-28)?
    14. How can He be our only Lord and Master (Jude 4)?
    15. How can Jesus be called the Mighty God (Isaiah 9:6) if there is only one God in existence (Isaiah 44:6-8; 45:5)?
    16. How can Jesus be called the Mighty God (Isaiah 9:6) and "God" also be called the Mighty God in Isaiah 10:21?
    17. How was Jesus able to raise Himself from the dead (John 2:19-21)?
    18. How can Jesus create all things (Col. 1:16-17), yet it is God who created all things by Himself (Isaiah 44:24)?
    19. How can Jesus search the hearts and minds of the people (Rev. 2:23)?
    20. Why was Jesus worshiped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; 28:9; John 9:35-38; Heb. 1:6) when He says to worship God only (Matt. 4:10)? (same Greek word for worship is used in each place.)
    21. In the OT God was seen (Exodus 6:2-3; 24:9-11; Num. 12:6-9; Acts 7:2), yet no man can see God (Exodus 33:20; John 1:18). It was not the Father that was seen in the OT (John 6:46). Who, then were they seeing? See John 8:58.
    22. Then why did Jesus claim the divine name, "I AM", for Himself in John 8:58? see Exodus 3:14.
    23. Then why did Jesus say you must honor him even as you honor the Father (John 5:23)?
    24. Then why is it that both the Father and the Son give life (John 5:21)?
    25. Then why did Jesus bear witness of Himself (John 8:18; 14:6)?
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

the reason JESUS could be GOD.. which i know is hard to understand b/c it breaks all law of nature that we see, is b/c he is omnipotent omnipresent omniscient ..

he had to become GOD made in flesh to atone for the sin's to be able to DIE.. to be able to pset a standard of living MAN can emulate. if he wasn't GOD in the FLesH then the whole NEW testament is a scam and WE are all wrong...

but if he wasn't the GOD then his apostles would know, and they wouldn't have kept the secret going even after his DEATH when they were ALLLLL persecuted in HIS NAME.. some even beheaded others crucified .. IF jesus WAS NOT god made in the FLESH then he wouldn't have fullfilled prophecy of the "messiah" and we wouldn't be here today discussing Christianity.
    test
  15. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

This is one of the things I take the most issue with about Christianity. This is the kind of arbitrary, stupid "morality" that ignores the human condition and true goodness, which is having empathy for, and helping your fellow human being. This vain, narcissistic god requires that belief that he somehow gave you mind to love and care about other people be more important than actually caring.

Christianity is a glorified circle jerk for god, no thank you.
    test
  16. Norrin 6

Norrin 6 New Member

The Complete and Total Decimation of ShadowWarriorfs by Norrin 6 :afro:

KJV - John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God = אלהים = 'ĕlôhı̂ym, and the Word was God = אלהים = 'ĕlôhı̂ym.

> In the ἀρχή (archē, beginning) was the λόγος (logos, word) and the λόγος (logos, word) was with θεός (theos, god) and the λόγος (logos, word) was θεός (theos, god).

SHA - John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God = אלהים = 'ĕlôhı̂ym, and the Word was a god.

* KJV - King James Version (1611)
    * SHA - ShadowWarriorfs

KJV - Deuteronomy 6:4 - Hear, O Israel: The LORD (יהוה = yehôvâh) our God (אלהים = 'ĕlôhı̂ym) is one (אחד = 'echâd) LORD (יהוה = yehôvâh):

θεός (theos) Hebrew
    1) a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities SHA θεός (theos) (2)
    2) the Godhead, trinity KJV θεός (theos) (1) + KJV θεός (theos) (2)
    a) God the Father, the first person in the trinity KJV θεός (theos) (1) + KJV θεός (theos) (2)
    b) Christ, the second person of the trinity KJV θεός (theos) (1) + KJV θεός (theos) (2)
    c) Holy Spirit, the third person in the trinity KJV θεός (theos) (1) + KJV θεός (theos) (2)
    3) spoken of the only and true God KJV θεός (theos) (1) + KJV θεός (theos) (2) SHA θεός (theos) (1)
    a) refers to the things of God
    b) his counsels, interests, things due to him
    4) whatever can in any respect be likened unto God, or resemble him in any way SHA θεός (theos) (2)
    a) God's representative or viceregent SHA θεός (theos) (2)
    1) of magistrates and judges

אחד ('echâd) Hebrew
    1) one (number)
    a) one (number)
    b) each, every
    c) a certain
    d) an (indefinite article)
    e) only, once, once for all
    f) one...another, the one...the other, one after another, one by one
    g) first
    h) eleven (in combination), eleventh (ordinal)

KJV - Psalm 14:3 - They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one (אחד = 'echâd).

KJV - John 10:30 - I and my Father are one (εἷς = heis).

εἷς (heis) Greek
    1) one

KJV - Mark 10:18 - And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one (εἷς = heis), that is, God (θεός = theos).

KJV - Matthew 1:23 - Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God (θεός, theos, god) with us.
    test
  17. Norrin 6

Norrin 6 New Member

test
  18. TheBigPayback

No binding is refering to something being bound up, so whats something in the 3rd or 2nd heaven that we can bind. Welll we can bind demons, and devils. But ya id like to know where u think u saw anything that said jesus was an archangel
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

If you go to jail would u jave the same authority u have now.
    No. But ur still the same person right. So when u get out u would be right. Similar concept. Kust cus when jesus came to earth an followed laws, paid taxes, even tho hes divine wouldntreally change who he is, however where he is, difference was required.
    test
  20. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I think arcangel was not the right word for me to use
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.