Ok.. if there is no Intelligent Design...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by IAmBenT, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Jesus IS the word of God. Read john 1 . Then go back an reread gen 1.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Jesus being the word of God doesn't mean he IS God

Not sure why Jesus would ask himself for the power to perform miracles tbh
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

What Bible has Gen 1 in red?
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Based on John 1, you could take it either way consider it says In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Yeah, In the begining... was... was... was... then Jesus was begotten from God as a Son... thus there's some discretion there...
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

did that really happen???? :funny:
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Money is God,
    Satan is God

the thing is whether he was THE God. Jesus being that God would cause some issues with the scriptures but i completely understand your point
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

actually jesus was GOD in human form. he had to do certain thing's like "ask god" or pray to god to set an example for how man should behave. if he wasn't totally human then he couldn't have bear the sin of mankind. he was working in omnipotence that we can't understand but it say's it clearly that..

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 43:10,11 - “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”
    Revelation 1:17-18; Revelation 2:8 - (Jesus is the First and the Last)
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Jesus was NOT God...otherwise you are believe in the Trinity. It makes not sense to for him to be God. Especially since everyone knew he was the Son of God
    test
  9. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i have a question for u shadow... since you dont think jesus was god, then what was he?

i know he's the son of god... but what does that make him? was he just completely human?
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Hes son of God and Man. He is one, yet each part can function idependently. God is the father in heaven some of us will never get to see him cus we wouldnt be able to handle it. Jesus is Godwith us, he makes intersession for us, he will rule with us on earth. But like he said if uve seen me you have seen the father
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

He didnt he tells us to ask the father in his name. But when he did miracles he commanded matter, he commanded spirits, he commanded disease. Essentially how he tells us to just we have less authority so we must command in his name.
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

Mo i just wanted u to see the similarity in wordage used in the two. Let US create man in OUR image. That tells us before creation they were. Now get this God is Love. A singularity has nothing to love. The trinity is perfect love. He created us to be a recipiant of that love.
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

He also said that he did all those things through his father, the one who sent him
    test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

While on earth? He was a perfect human being like Adam was.

In Heaven, he is God's son, his word, etc.

not sure exactly what you are trying to say
    test
  16. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i'm just asking what jesus was, like if he's god's son does that make him divine? in heaven, what is his 'rank' if he's not god? is son-of-god a sort of status in itself that gives him divine powers?

the reason im asking you this is basically because the only explanation i've ever heard was the trinity one...
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

Jesus was GOD on earth in HUMAN FORM

he left ALL his DIVINITY in HEAVEN .. he did call on his divinity when he was baptised and the spirit came down onto him and after that he performed miracles.

JESUS GOD SPIRIT all the same thing not different people or entities just different influences and perspectives .. God is like the universe and everything in it all at once but he can choose to reveal himself via space/time/spirit how he see's fit
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

yes. This was the human aspect of christ at the time. He kinda gave up his authority his rank, to live on earth. It says we were created to be a little lower than elohiem. So a little lower than jesus but above the angelic class so we do harbor authority in both realms.
    test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I'd like to understand what you mean, but I have no basis to go on because I don't know where you put your faith. You just kinda pop out from time to time seeking to correct people because you believe differently.

On what grounds do you deny his deity?
    test
  20. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

The scriptures speak of Jesus as the Arc angel. among other things.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.