Ok.. if there is no Intelligent Design...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by IAmBenT, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

Evolution of the bacterial flagellum

Kepler Discovers First Earth Sized Planets inside Habitable Zone

Why doesn't the salt evaporate along with the water? - Yahoo! Answers
    other animals do have this, including primates
    reticular activating system - Encyclopedia

the point is us. we are our dna. it's the genetic structure of life on earth.

its passed on through procreation or direct horizontal transfer and so it allows for useful adaptions to be passed on and new species to emerge, as well as genetic variation within a given species.

How Could DNA Have Evolved? | Evolution FAQ

Big Bang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the universe is roughly 75% hydrogen. we won't be running out any time soon.

cosmology - How long will the Universe's hydrogen reserves last for? - Physics - Stack Exchange

the universe is going to die eventually. and a new one likely born in its place.
    Astronomers Find First Evidence Of Other Universes - Technology Review

admittedly there's no real answer to this yet, but there are ideas floating around

http://calderup.wordpress.com/2010/05/20/origin-of-matter/
    Origin of Matter and the Universe
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

You are clearly mistaken.

Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place; That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment. And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.
    (Job 38:12-15)
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

"The differences between day and night were believed to he caused by the sun moon and stars revolving around the earth. Today we know the earths rotation is responsible for the rising and setting. Jpb 38:12, 14 "have you commanded the morning since your days; caused the day to spring(dawn) to it's place?.... it(earth) is turned, as clay to seal"
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

Is the intended context. Examining your quote tho..How would be u shaken out of a flat earth.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

The rather rare mention of the topic would leave me to believe that the earths shape was probably more widely known than WE may know they knew. Happens a lot specially these days. Conveniently twists our presupplication when approaching the subject from any view. Id say its covered biblically tho.
    test
  6. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I understand the comparisons made in the text. They don't support the conclusion you are making is what I'm saying.
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

It's not something I said, it's a quote from the Bible. So why are you asking me?

If you weren't so bent on twisting scriptures so that they represent a lie, you might have an answer.

Take a pottery class.
    test
  8. Norrin 6

Norrin 6 New Member

The Bible is not a book of random unknown facts about the universe.

Bro, just look for the messages it's trying to convey. It remains useful.

It's not a science, but a tale of moral understanding. If we relate it in scientific terms, it becomes metaphor. The earth isn't TURNED as in the earth's rotation.

It talks about a morphological change that happens when dusk becomes dawn. The ends of the earth stand as a garment, as everything in the earth is made visible by the light.

Evil loses power and effectiveness where there's accountability to be had.

Consequences will never be the same.
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

Sup dood.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

? Ya, well it is historically significant, and does have many unknown facts abound. So if a question is raised that may be answered biblically ill try an provide it. Even some thats in there we have yet uncover scientifically but will as time progress'
    agreeable
    its literally to be read as the word of God, not a tale, generally its a history of humanity and contact with God throughout its generations. It is there not only to provide background info of why, what and how we are to live in a useful manner but to attain the mind of God through its renewal and the uncondituonal love he has for us despite our continual disobediance as well as what God himself has had to sacrifice in order to have that relationship with us.

Id say as long as its not deliberately changed or manipulated however u see it or use it for the betterment of yoir life or others its good and through it God will bring it alive for you persaonally. So word.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

Im asking u because ur stance begs the question. So im asking how do you shake something out of something flat that u live on rather than in if thats how they saw it. Drawing a conclusion from the points of the passage in relationship to its context in the surrounding scripture is not twisting. to take what it says and apply it practically to a question raised especially knowing my intention is honestly when it comes to my faith u wouldnt see it that way, certainly u wouldnt, if u were looking at it -rather than upon it,
    as if from above it
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

Ive taken pottery btw. Its required for a b of a.
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Dude, I don't even know what you are talking about seriously. You're confusing the shit out of me. My stance is that you're mistaken about it saying anything about the earth's rotation. You're sitting here rambling about a flat earth.
    test
  14. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

^ proof lp never cracked open a bible in his life.
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

The Bible DOES portray the earth as the firm, unmovable foundation of creation (except of course, during an earthquake, which is the only time the Bible speaks of the earth moving). Furthermore, the sun and stars and constellations are depicted as moving and indeed, being DIRECTED AND LED BY GOD in their movements.

The tale of the tower of Babel is an explanatory myth, an early attempt to account for the diversity of language and the diffusion of humanity after the legendary flood of Noah:

And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.~And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.~And they said one to another, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar. And they said, let us build us a city and a tower. - Genesis 11

Next thing you know, "God" "comes down" to "see the city and the tower," but He complains that "nothing will be restrained from them which they have imagined to do," or, "nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them." So God decides to "confuse their tongues."

But doesn't God's complaint make more sense today than it did back then? Today we have accomplished things deemed "impossible" by the ancients. We have "measured the heights of the stars," "searched out the foundations of the earth," laid claim to the moon, sent space probes beyond Pluto, diminished or halted plagues (via modern plumbing, sanitation, vaccines and antibiotics), avoided deadly lightning strikes (via the invention of the lightning rod), greatly increased the odds of infant survival, etc. In short, we have reduced the destructive potentials of acts of nature that were previously considered "acts of God." Mankind is also unlocking the secrets of DNA, and probably will unlock secrets of artificial intelligence too
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

jesus/god same thing.. kiddo. LOL
    test
  17. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Yeah we know that. We're pretty sure God is a myth too.
    test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

But God speaks in the Bible in forms other than just Jesus. Only Jesus' communications in the gospels are red.
    test
  19. lyricalpriest

ur right about that tho^ i tend to neglect the OT .. but my mistake .. haha. just tryna save my ass.
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

i actually feel sorta owned right now ....

damn u !! damn u to hell!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.