Ok.. if there is no Intelligent Design...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by IAmBenT, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

ok lets look at ur own verse.

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in"

is this the lines u claimed proves the bible was right? if not post the line and ill tell u y i think ur taking it out of context
    test
  2. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

lol I should probably point out what I thought was obvious, but you seemed to overlook, I didn't mention anything about the bible saying the earth was flat either, that's not my argument (although from what was posted it should be pretty clear that's what the bible in inferring). I could mention any number of things like the creation story, noah's ark etc. which are essentially slaps in the face of science. If the bible was divinely inspired then the most IMPORTANT story, the story of HOW THE FUCK WE ALL GOT HERE, should be more accurate. Instead the bible says stupid shit like we were made from dust..****spite the fact that we are 80% water. Claiming the whole world flooded at one time, which is not only laughably impossible, but there isn't even any evidence NOW that such an event ever took place (and there would be plenty of evidence considering it would have only happened about 5000 years ago).
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

If we were made from dust, dust could be a metaphor. It could just mean God made us from small particles (molecules?). If we developed from single cell organisms, it would be like were made from nothing.

Also, the Bible didn't say God created the Earth in 6 days. It says before he started, the Earth was dull and lifeless. But the Bible also says that we can't comprehend God's frame of time. So 7 days to Him may be an millions of years for us.

There are tons of metaphors in the Bible. People who nitpick between metaphors and literal translations are missing the whole point.

>>the bible says we came from dust<<

That doesn't contradict evolution. Scientists also say we came from dust:

"Every element on earth, except for the lightest, was created in the heart of some massive star.

"And the heaviest elements -- such as gold, lead and uranium -- were produced in a supernova explosion during the cataclysmic end of a huge star's life, says LSU physicist Edward Zganjar (pronounced Skyner).

"'Those elements were ejected into space by the force of the massive explosion, where they mixed with other matter and formed new stars, some with planets such as earth. That's why the earth is rich in these heavy elements. The iron in our blood and the calcium in our bones were all forged in such stars. We are made of stardust,'
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

When the body is broken down into cellular terms our bodies are composed of the same elements as dirt!
    test
  5. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Did you make any effort at all to look for the answers yourself?

No.

So why should anyone waste time with you?

This is basically the "why are there still monkeys" argument dragged out.
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Stop using google to prove your point
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

how else do i answer question's without doing research broseph?
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Using the bible son. Internet searches are terrible resources for these things
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

i am using the bible, i have done research about the bible and these are from my studies. bible notes. that's why some are bible verses and some philosophy is used. :)
    test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

answer post #41
    test
  11. Norrin 6

Norrin 6 New Member

Suppose you've got two conflicting interpretations of something in the Bible; how do you know which one's the correct one?
    test
  12. Norrin 6

Norrin 6 New Member

How do you interpret the Bible?
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

it doesnt mean corner of a flat earth. Jesus was called the stone they rejected. The chief cornerstone. Its useage in those passages apply to the whole earth not CORNERS specificly.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

I can almost make a bet that says the original language is prolly a lil differentuseage and thats just how it translates
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

On topic tho did u know even the earths water dispensation rate if it were slightly different would even cause life to cease to exist as well
    test
  16. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

ha gotta love LP showing how the ancient hebrews knew the earth was round before the europeans did.

on the "discovery" of america?? come on yall still think Christopher did it??? wow

Also if you are gonna do any research on the bible i suggest you all access:

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Its a great site with any passage you want to look up through several different translations. The KJV, i feel, is superior because of how honest it is to the poetry of the bible as well as the source material, but the young's literal is very helpful in getting at as close to a translation of the source language as we can without learning it lol

Some passages:

When you see more clearly what the Hebrews really meant, it doesn't alter or change the fact that they understand about the curvature of the earth. People have know the earth was round for a long ass time, dating back to the Greeks who stole the knowledge from Egypt. Modern american and british scholarship has perverted the truth with largely falsified and unverifiable "fact" about beliefs in the colombian era.
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

ok is everybody gonna ignore post #41? people keep tryna debate my understanding of bible scriptures that say the earth is flat while ignoring their own understanding of the "prove" they have that the earth was round
    test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Ancient people knew the earth was a sphere, but the Hebrews didn't, and the Bible says nothing about the earth being a sphere. It's just Christians trying to shoehorn a bunch of shit. But if the Bible did say that, it wouldn't be anything spectacular anyway.

History of geodesy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

It talks in job about the rotation of the earth as well comparing it to the way a potters wheel molds clay.
    As well as weight of wind and water. Job is one of the more interesting books where we have actual convo with God.
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

Job was long before jesus as well
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.