Ok.. if there is no Intelligent Design...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by IAmBenT, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

They knew the earth wasn't flat. They knew there was things beyond the earth. The bible mentions constellations, if i recall correctly
    test
  2. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

if thats true then y did nobody discover america hundreds of years sooner? or specifically mention anything about the solar system?
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

because people, like now, thought it was crazy talk
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Yall have intresting convo when i aint around lol. Y didnt he nention the solar system? . The sun moon stars and constellations were mentioned thats how people told time by the constellations. But why talk about othet planets? Because they arent significant to the point of the book. Salvation. They were created for wonderment and imagination and thinking higher than ourselves.
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Chapter 9: Does the Bible Say Anything about Astronomy? - Answers in Genesis

now would u look at this..

For example, 6,000 years ago, the moon would have been about 800 feet closer to the earth (which is not much of a change, considering the moon is a quarter of a million miles away). So this “spiraling away” of the moon is not a problem over the biblical time scale of 6,000 years. But if the earth and moon were over four billion years old (as evolutionists teach), then we would have big problems. In this case, the moon would have been so close that it would actually have been touching the earth only 1.4 billion years ago. This problem suggests that the moon can’t possibly be as old as secular astronomers claim.

just look at it:

he Bible is the history book of the universe. It tells us how the universe began and how it came to be the way it is today.

The Bible is much more than just a history book, however; it was written by inspiration of God. The Lord certainly understands how this universe works; after all, He made it. So His Word, the Bible, gives us the foundation for understanding the universe.

It has been said that the Bible is not a science textbook. This is true, of course, and it’s actually a good thing. After all, our science textbooks are based on the ideas of human beings who do not know everything and who often make mistakes. That’s why science textbooks change from time to time, as people discover new evidence and realize that they were wrong about certain things.

The Bible, though, never changes because it never needs to. God got it right the first time! The Bible is the infallible Word of God. So when it touches on a particular topic, it’s right. When the Bible talks about geology, it’s correct. When Scripture addresses biology or anthropology, it’s also right.
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

The Earth Is Round
    The Earth

The Bible indicates that the earth is round. One verse we can look at is Isaiah 40:22, where it mentions the “circle of the earth.” From space, the earth always appears as a circle since it is round. This matches perfectly with the Bible.

Another verse to consider is Job 26:10, where it teaches that God has “inscribed” a circle on the surface of the waters at the boundary of light and darkness. This boundary between light and darkness is where evening and morning occur. The boundary is a circle since the earth is round.
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

the sun moon stars and constellations are obvious to the human eye. but lemme further comment to u and lp at the same time....
    test
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

1. the moon was formed during a collusion blasting material into orbit.
    2. the moon moves away at around an inch a year and is in the 350,000 to 405,000 km range away. do the math. this doesn't equal 6,000 years.
    3. science changes for the better and major developments dont happen that often anymore. most of what u find in a science book as been fact (theoried PLUS tested) for years
    test
  9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

Look at this bible verses claiming the earth is flat. YES!!!! I WIN HAHAHAHAHA. but seriously tell mi what u think

Isaiah 11:12
    12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

Revelation 7:1
    1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

Job 38:13
    13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)

Jeremiah 16:19
    19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)

Daniel 4:11
    11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH

Sound familiar? YES I WIN!!!!!
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

wow, those didn't once state the earth was flat. ur taking the words out of context.

it just proved that the writer only thought the earth was restricted to what science data at that time told them, they didn't discover the whole world or travel into space yet, but it doesnt say it's flat.. it just describes the world from that times point of view.. they may have thought the whole world was just Jerusalem .. where it teaches that God has “inscribed” a circle on the surface of the waters at the boundary of light and darkness. This boundary between light and darkness is where evening and morning occur. The boundary is a circle since the earth is round.
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

not everything reported in the Bible is endorsed in the Bible.

"‘And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.’"

Obviously, unless they were professional gymnasts as well as tacticians, the soldiers could not camp in the shape of a sphere around the city! Based on this, this word appears to be making a statement about a circular pattern rather than specifying a given shape.7

two citations in support of a ‘flat earth’ view that we need not spend much time on: Daniel 4:10, 11 and 20, and Job 37:3. The Daniel passage is actually a statement by a pagan king, which doesn’t mean that the Bible endorses that view. And it is a vision, and is therefore not intended to be a picture of reality any more than Pharaoh’s dream of cannibalistic cows and even cannibalistic ears of wheat (Genesis 41). And Job 37:3 hardly requires a flat-earth reading — it merely states that lightning occurs all over the earth. Even if it did teach a flat-earth reading, it would prove only that Elihu believed such a thing
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

As is standard to note in such cases, the statements of characters in the Bible are not automatically granted inerrancy unless the speaker is either God or indicated to be inspired of God. One statement that is made by God that deserves serious consideration is found in Job 38:13:

‘That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?’

Isolated from its context, this verse might be taken as explaining the earth as a pancake:

‘In a clearly cosmological context, not just local, this verse speaks of dawn grasping the earth by its “extremity or hem” (kanap; cf. Num 15:38; 1 Sam 15:27) and shaking the wicked out of it. The verse is comparing the earth to a blanket or garment picked up at one end and shaken. A globe is not really comparable to a blanket or garment in this way. You cannot pick up a globe at one end. It does not even have an end.’8

However, the full context of this verse makes it clear that the meaning your finding in it is not intended at all. How does the dawn ‘grasp’ anything? are you suggesting some sort of primitive belief in an anthropomorphic sun god? Are the wicked literally ‘shaken’ by the sunrise? Is the bringing of dawn accompanied by the sight of nighttime burglars rolling through the dusty streets of villages like tumbleweeds? Clearly this verse refers to no more than the visible horizon that the dawn ‘grasps’ as the sun rises. It is phenomenological and poetic in every sense of its expression.
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

IN CONCLUSION:

there is no warrant for reading an erroneous conception of the earth into the biblical text. Equivocal language, and a proper understanding of what has been written, demonstrate yet again that, unlike the arguments of the critics, ‘the Scripture cannot be broken’ (John 10:35).
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

No sir YOU'RE takin the words and trying to shift them into what u believe. yall say god got it right the first time and that it prophesized the earth was not flat BUT now u say

"it just describes the world from that times point of view.. they may have thought the whole world was just Jerusalem

come on mayne i took several lines from ur bible and proved u took the words out of context give mi my credit
    test
  15. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

"Even if it did teach a flat-earth reading, it would prove only that Elihu believed such a thing"

Lol come on LP just admit that maybe...possibly....by some chance....that people mistook ur verse as a prophecy of the world not being flat
    test
  16. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Well LP the posts that show up on this page are barely coherent but from what I could gather, you are trying to say that whenever the bible gets something laughably wrong about the state of reality from a scientific/mathematical/historical context that it simply mean the person writing had that view of the world?

Well the problem with that is that the bible, as the "word of god" should not be subject to it's writer's ignorance, because god would transcend the ignorance of the day, and divinely inspiring the writers with knowledge that they would normally be oblivious to. The fact that the biblical writers ONLY talk about the world in ways that the people at the time could understand (even when completely wrong) showed that there was NO divine inspiration for anything, only primitive immoral people writing a fictional book.

Congratulations, your chronic induced musings managed to discredit your own argument.
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

nope your wrong again.
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

your trying but failing.. no homo..

youo cant discredit what i said, after i discredit all the statements that u said by simply saying..

Well the problem with that is that the bible, as the "word of god" should not be subject to it's writer's ignorance, because god would transcend the ignorance of the day, and divinely inspiring the writers with knowledge that they would normally be oblivious to.

you haven't given any information stating that in the bible it say's the earth is flat.

if they wanted to say the earth was flat they'd just say that. your reaching to hard

like if i say something and leave out a verb or noun are u gonna say "looky here LP since u left out this minor detail ur wrong" and then back up everything is said in a way that appeals to ur agenda?
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i'll bet anything that this ^^^ post is followed by a long explanation explaining why he's right which makes absolutely no sense to anyone but 2 or 3 people on this site
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

Gods words are in the red.

the rest were inspired. and we still havent' found ONE text that says the earth is flat have we? u may have misinterpreted that. but i have given overwhelming information to rebuke that statement.

your both intelligent as hell..no pun intended.. why is it so hard to see the arguements im making? your automatically closing your mind to the possibilities.

me on the other hand have thought like you have. and then have been transformed into a better understander. by god. isn't that proof that it's possible.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.