Ok.. if there is no Intelligent Design...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by IAmBenT, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

And everything sprouted up from randomness leading to evolution affected by adaptions over time to changing surroundings..

.. then explain the flagellum of the E. Coli bacteria

... explain the size of the earth, its distance from the Sun, the size and distance of the moon that is set for the proper pull on the tides, and why it (Earth) is exactly right for supporting life as we know it.

... explain evaporation (ie how the world has its own process for removing the salt from ocean water in order to create rain. WHY would this process remove the salt from the water if life is a total accident??)

... explain the RAS (reticular activating system) that keeps your brain from information overload. Either the first humans had this advanced filtering system in their structure from the start or we would have all been incapable of functioning properly

.... explain DNA. whats the point?

... explain why the galaxies are moving away from each other? If you reverse time, then everything in existence was in the same place at the same time, hence the beginning of what we call existence.

... explain thermonuclear fusion. There are many stars, all burning up hydrogen. If the universe had no beginning and always was, they would have run out of hydrogen.

... explain the law of entropy. If, as some atheists claim, matter/energy is eternal, the universe would have died.

.. explain the creation of matter. according to the atheist, matter is self-existing and not created, that's the only way there can be no Creator. In order to believe matter has no cause, you have to violate all the laws of science as we know them.

i could go on but thatsit for now
    test
  2. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

^^ Argument from ignorance. Which is, if you don't know, means that you make an argument that is merely the result of not knowing something, therefor you make a logical leap that has nothing to do with the ignorant assertions.

"goddunit" is not a valid answer for ANY of your questions even if science can't answer them currently (which they can answer some of them but I'm no expert in any of those fields).
    test
  3. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

This is such a stupid, stupid, stupid thread.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Thats what i mean natire is chaotic which flogs natural seletove macro evolution. We see laws and patterns set up for this world by God of this world. The laws we know keep the chaos in order.
    test
  5. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

So what purpose do the 60 billion other planets serve to keep Earth's balance in order? What purpose do Saturn's rings serve? All the other stars, meteors, etc?

This is such a dumb argument.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

Who knows wth lol
    test
  7. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You claimed to. The Christians really have Delusions of Grandeur. Somehow you think the entire uni(multi)verse is just here as a grand stage for human beings, that some being made ALL OF THIS with YOU and ME in mind. It's....just stupid and arrogant to think we are the center and purpose of all this. We obviously are not.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

Naw theres spiritual beings aw well mainly in the air tho
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

In our solar system they all serve a purpose. Know how much debri would he floqting arounr wo jupiter
    test
  10. Superman70

Superman70 edited

everything revolves around us
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

the bible isn't here to claim we are gods ONLY prize possession. it actually doesn't answer for galaxy's light year's away..maybe bc GOD KNOW's we can never travel that far off of fossile fuels. so it's of unimportance. BUT he did make Them VISIBLE. to show that we are not alone. GOOD FACTS BENT .. i'd like a science buff come and prove that GOD isn't the logical answer by giving a logical science answer. but even then i'd probably not believe.
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Since when does the bible talk about the universe revolving around men or was intended for men??
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

God gave man dpminion ober earth and the animals and the atmospjere
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

just like LP said, nobody how much scientific evidence is given yall will never stop believing god. im not in expert in those fields and i cant answer those questions, but what i can say is that this same arguement is being brought up. UMMM HOW COME EVERYTHING IS JUST SOOO PERFECTLY PATTERNED TOGETHER??? IT HAS TO BE THE WORK OR GOD!!! maybe science cant yet xplain everything, but to point out the obvious then jump to a conclusion that the answer is god is foolish
    test
  15. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

TO ANSWER THE SECOND QUESTION, earth has an extinction rate of 98%. its not a perfect planet
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

all within the earth....
    test
  17. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

I also do not believe in a man-centered universe.

Its just too big to not contain other forms of life and other forms of consciousness beyond our comprehension.

I know many people on here are spiritually minded. this is really more for hard line atheists. Many prominent atheists make claims about matter being self-creating and the universe being infinitely old, so as to eliminate the need for a creator.

I know alot of people on here have a real problem with mainstream religion, christianity in particular, thats ok. The body of Christ is not perfect its made up of people and like any organization thats made up of people, there will be good and bad cuz we are good and bad.
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^if u do not believe in a man centered universe then, in ur opinion, what part does god play in the other life forms in the universe. and what is there purpose?
    test
  19. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

^^no one can know that tbh. God doesn't mention that nor should he. He provided the people of earth a guideline to how to live and how to serve him. The universe isn't our concern right now. We can barely live on this planet peacefully, why explain things on the universe. I believe that in time, we will know more.
    test
  20. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^y explain? bcuz him being god he knew that we would one day be able to explore space and we deserve an explanation of sum sort? i wonder y he wouldn't even mention it....o i kno! bcuz the writers of the bible didn't realize the sky wasn't the limit and u cant comment on sum u dont kno exist
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.