ok chromepot.. convince me evolution

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

test
  2. ChromeDepot

ChromeDepot Member

In short: I can't. At least in regards to macro evolution.

You could refer to the arguments I made in the previous thread but those are, admittedly, rather elementary points. We have the fossil record, DNA evidence, and various other examples that support the theory as the only rational explanation for the origins of life. That being said, i'm far from being an expert on the subject.

What I can do is layout the evidence that has been compiled...at that point it's up to you to decide for yourself which explanation best explains our origins to you. The problem with steadfast religious people is that evidence that is more than enough for the world's most brilliant minds is somehow not enough for them.

I would be ecstatic to hear that, after examining the evidence and weighing the two viewpoints, you decided to change your mind on the matter but I suspect the likelihood of that happening is on par with me attending mass this Sunday.

What I mean is, if you believe that the world was designed by a God and disregard evolutionary theory, then good on you. I have no calling to "spread the word of evolution" to the masses and I completely adhere to the idea that you should believe whatever you wish as long as it isn't hurting others. Or in the case of this "evolution debate", keep creationism out of our public schools.
    test
  3. ChromeDepot

ChromeDepot Member

I could reverse the question and ask you to prove the existence of God. I'm assuming that your evidence would be largely faith or scripture based which is the problem with the Science vs. Religion question.

As an atheist, i'm operating in a world that begs any unanswered questions to be answered with science and hard evidence (at least evidence that can be observed/proven within our natural world) to back up our respective claims. Faith based answers don't satisfy the mind of the atheist or the agnostic and scientific proof rarely persuades the religious, especially when they live in a world that is often times not bound by known laws of the universe.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^but he says your methods of dating are all flawed and most likely result in assumptions that are based on flawed info and arent accurate
    test
  5. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

test
  6. TheBigPayback

Well its because we have an alternative theory
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Fixed it. ;)
    test
  8. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Evolution is also nicely demonstrated in the laboratory on viruses and bacteria.
    test
  10. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

payback, do you believe the different forms of life on earth can be arranged as a family tree?
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Upon years of study I have found the bible does describe the exact nature of evolution. From light vibrations n divine concious even the order of genisis creation describe the bbig bbang
    test
  12. AliceHouse

It's one of the stages of evolution, yes. Any more questions?

Your years of study really don't mean a whole lot if you've never familiarized yourself with "The Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy."
    test
  13. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

@Chromedeopt, bones in the dirt are not evidence for evolution. And they are certainly not evidence that the bones had different kids. A first year law student will rip that apart.

There is no "fossil record" at all.

There is no DNA evidence.

A Honda and a Pontiac both have four wheels. That does not mean they evolved from a skate board 3.5 million years ago.

There is no evidence in any way.

Your more than welcome to think we come from rocks, but you just left science and entered into religion. Majority opinion is not evidence.

provide your best evidence. Looking to get back into this debate.

evolution is not nicely demonstrated on bacteria or viruses at all either, provide some studies of that and we will break it down. It's wishful thinking.
    test
  14. Coup d'état

sup reggie, not really speaking to you, but I am talking at the points you brought up...speaking at everyone at once:

The family trees and their nodes as concerning "evolution" is pure nonsense. Man can create any type of order he wants concerning anything really, biased on any criteria that is funded.

Yes, you can arrange anything to a order on trees. Buy phylogeny only exist in text books, computer simulations and in the mind.

- Stephen Jay Gould of Harvard University (Top evolutionary 'scientist'
    test
  15. AliceHouse

Saying it doesn't exist, doesn't actually make it not exist.

All it does is demonstrate your willfull ignorance.

I find it offensive. The entire world's knowledge is literally at your fingertips and you can learn it all in just seconds. But you CHOOSE to be ignorant.
    test
  16. Coup d'état

I am well grounded in evolution theory.

Give me what you think is the best evidence. Draw from any of the popular selling points.

The "worlds knowledge" is kept from you, and in its place you are given evolution. Because that is all that was ever preached to you in state institutions and you take in on faith. There is no evidence for it.

let's start with some then we can discuss.

evolution fits hand and glove with the secularization of the world into humanism (worship of man as gods and idols) and worship of the individual euphoria. This shift started taking place in the 1800s in the mainstream though nothing is new under the sun.
    test
  17. AliceHouse

There isn't anything to "discuss." You're insane. And not in the cool sexy serial killer way. But rather, the ranting raving hobo way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

U can make jokes and all but evolution is the exact same thing as religion.

The difference is u have faith in the words of men with no proof.

we have faith in the word of God..and is still being proven as we speak.

even darwin himself recanted on his beliefs on his death bed.

everyone has to answer to God in the end.

u will to. when u lose ur faith in the doctors, u lose ur faith in medicine, ur family, ur friends.
    When u have no one on earth to turn to..God.
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

test
  20. AliceHouse

Here's the thing, you're an insane idiot. Nothing I say is going to convince you of anything. For example:

Is "evolution" a religious stance with no proof and the bible does have proof? No. Why not? Because evolution is ENTIRELY BUILT UPON REAL ACTUAL PROOF AND FACTS. The bible is... what's left of the severe editing of a myriad of ancient documents.

So no... they are not the same thing. The real actual understanding of the universe based on facts is NOT the same as a... stories.

Is ANYTHING from the bible been proven? Well... maybe, but what does that even mean? Rome really did have control of Jerusalem at one point in time. But corelation doesn't mean Jesus was born of a virgin mother and died for our sins.

Did Darwin recant what he said before he died? No. But the great thing about science is... IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE RECANTS! Because FACTS, mother fucker. Facts and hypohesis that stand up to real scientific scrutiny.

There is no "faith" in science.

The very real, deadly, fact of the matter is this:

If the world were to end tomorrow, and it become a post apocalyptic wasteland. If all out internets were destroyed, all our books were burnt, all our bibles destroyed, even all our scientific text books wiped off the face of this Earth...

...if that were to happen, and humans rebuild civilization. They will have all the same reality. They will still have the scientific method. And they will once again come back to the very real fact of evolution.

But do you honestly think they'll come up with a story of a talking snake again?

You speak of GOD, you mortal? How DARE you! What GOD is this you speak of? The biblical GOD? KNOW YOUR ROLE!

What makes the biblical GOD so correct? For that matter, which biblical GOD? The catholic one? I daresay the catholic church was a corporate monstrous disaster towards the nearly all but forgotten Agnostics. The catholic church didn't win their war because they were right, the won it out of brute force and ignorance.

The FACT is that for every culture that develops, they all have their own unique myths, their own unique creation stories, and NEVER do they repeat themselves.

Real life reality repeats itself. Myths and stories don't, at best they follow patterns and build upon each other.

There is no GOD. There is only DOGLAW.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.